WHEN DID YOU ARE WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO.......

emmie

Reaction score
Decorate your nursery?

I am only 18 weeks but i am itching to do it as we have all the things to do it, i think its because we have just finished replacing all of the doors in the house and i am looking for a new project lol.

But its also a good thing to do it a bit in advance so you can get rid of all the paint fumes i spose but maybe not this early??? :?

I cant have a nursery as there are already 8 of us in a 3 bed house (actually 7 now one sone has moved out) so am just having a corner in my bedroom which already has a crib etc in it.

i won't be having a nursey either. i still live with my parents and there's no room! OH & i will be getting our own place in the (near) future, but i don't wanna uproot myself just yet.

me and oh wil be moving into our own house in the next 3 weeks. there is a lovely spare bedroom that we wil be making nursery. im only 16 weeks but i think i might have to start it as soon as i move it. i cant resist!!

We've got the room all set out for the girls.
They'll be sharing at first, until we find a bigger place.

The quick answer is "when we get round to it" lol.

We need to do some work on Lucy's room first and then the plan is to do the little bedroom as a nursery. Its small so won't take much but getting round to it isn't easy as this summer is a bit hectic!

As baby won't be in there for at least a month or so we've got plenty of time so I'm not in a hurry but if we get to it sooner then I'll be a bit happier!

Becky said:

We need to do some work on Lucy's room first and then the plan is to do the little bedroom as a nursery. Its small so won't take much but getting round to it isn't easy as this summer is a bit hectic!

Wow so weird! :shock: I was going to asnwer "when I get round to it" we have been wanting to do it for a while but just not got onto it yet!
We have to sort out our DD Lucys room first too!? We really want her to swap rooms to the one across the hall but shes very reluctant! She loves her room but the other one is a little bigger and I wanted LO next to us just incase hes a bad sleeper!?
But weird to as the room is small too so will only take a day or two lol!

So weird?! haha

Im glad im not the only one who hasnt got a nursery. Im still in a 1 bed house so baby will have the small bit of room i have left. Did try and move but the housing market is awful and looking at it now, its just aswell as we would have been skint! Would love to have a nursery to decorate :( oh well cant always get what you want!

Claire x

nori said:
Im glad im not the only one who hasnt got a nursery. Im still in a 1 bed house so baby will have the small bit of room i have left. Did try and move but the housing market is awful and looking at it now, its just aswell as we would have been skint! Would love to have a nursery to decorate :( oh well cant always get what you want!

Claire x

Hey hun! My first son got a nursery as we had a two bed flat at the time but my second son and DD didnt get one! We were still in the 2 bed flat when they were born so DS went in with Joseph and Lucy stayed in our room until we got this house!

lea m said:
Becky said:

Wow so weird! :shock: I was going to asnwer "when I get round to it" we have been wanting to do it for a while but just not got onto it yet!

Haha that's a bit spooky! I'm hoping if we get Lucy's room sorted (she really could do with a new bed) then we can concentrate on the nursery but then I'm starting to think we'd be better off sorting the nursery. Meh, it all comes down to motivating OH to do the DIY!

Tell me about it! You kow what I have to do to get him moving?! Start it myself! Then he takes over! But even starting things with this pain (spd) is enough :talkhand: I think he needs a kick up his butt lol!

Can anyone think of a way to persuade my Lucy to swap bedrooms?! :think:

Will be decorating late september - a month before baby is due. Only because that's when my mum's free to come and help :lol:

I think it's gona be less paint and papers and more about putting pictures up and some nice junlge transfers on the existing wallpaper :D

Lea:

My OH has been finishing adding a sub and amp to his car! I think he's having his mid-life crisis early at 31! :lol: He's great with DIY but can only do one thing at a time!

For getting your Lucy to move, can you bribe her with letting her choose paint/paper/curtains etc.? Can't think of much else, other than it's bigger, better, and will decorated how she wants?

I did ours at 30 weeks once I'd finished work, was nice to be able to do it slowly and enjoy it

aww were not having a nursery either cos we have a one bedroomed flat so we just have the cot in our room

cant wait till we have a two bedroomed and i can decorate it all up :dance:

I've got all her stuff but we'll have to share a room as I'm still with the parents for the time being (because I am single and will need a bit of help handling a newborn and with sleep etc) so I can't decorate a nursery just yet, but I have starting making projects now that I am on maternity leave such as painting pictures for her room, buying the little bits and bobs like the cot bumper, putting up storage units etc.

I very much doubt it will be complete when she arrives, but then again, there's not a lot I can do without a bloke on hand to handle the heavy stuff! (That's my excuse for being lazy TBH :lol: )

At about 26 week. I managed to get my brother to come up and help me decorate the spare room. I wanted it perfect and I wouldn't let him leave until we had done it! :lol:

Misslarue said:
At about 26 week. I managed to get my brother to come up and help me decorate the spare room. I wanted it perfect and I wouldn't let him leave until we had done it! :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: I can just imagine a skinny, malnutritioned bloke tied trembling in the corner of an old dusty room!!

x

Yep! that was pretty much how it was!!! :rotfl:
At one point there was me, OH and bro (who had just had an operation :oops: ) all trying to line up the border. I made them get a spirit level and measure it around the whole room. No one was eating that night untill it was a perfect 180 degrees! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Never mess with a pregnant lady!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back