P@@sed off with boots!

It's not just formula, you can't get points on precriptions either

Little miss I formula fed my child. I agree you shouldn't get points. Please read things fully before going off on one.

Little miss I formula fed my child. I agree you shouldn't get points. Please read things fully before going off on one.

Agreed trolling comes to mind

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

AJ was a FF baby. As I said earlier I dont agree with getting points either.

As I stated earlier it is in the terms and conditions when you sign up
Points are not available on prescription items, infant milks (up to 6 months), gift vouchers/cards, postage stamps, Boots Hearingcare, Boots Insurance (excluding travel insurance) and Travel Services (excluding travel money). In addition, points are also not available on gift boxes and delivery charges for purchases made on www.boots.com.

You also don't get them if you order anything online that you get delivered. You have to go to a point in a big store to collect. Who does that? Lol even if it's delivered on store, they can't do it on their little machines.

I think it is right that people should e encouraged to bf and don't give a monkies arse about points. We buy our formula in asda so wouldn't get points anyway.

You also don't get them if you order anything online that you get delivered. You have to go to a point in a big store to collect. Who does that? Lol even if it's delivered on store, they can't do it on their little machines.

The reason we can't add points on in store is because when you do your online order the points are floating about waiting to be collected from the pink kiosks so if we added them manually then people may get double the amount.
HOWEVER, you can do a Boots.com order in-store at any till. This means you collect your Boots points when you pay, and you can even pay for something off Boots.com with your points if you have enough.
I know it's easier to shop online at home, but that is a way around it :)

The reason we can't add points on in store is because when you do your online order the points are floating about waiting to be collected from the pink kiosks so if we added them manually then people may get double the amount.
HOWEVER, you can do a Boots.com order in-store at any till. This means you collect your Boots points when you pay, and you can even pay for something off Boots.com with your points if you have enough.
I know it's easier to shop online at home, but that is a way around it :)

I tired to do that and for some reason my account wouldn't let me :( my local stores don't have the kiosks so I just buy in store now!!

It's a government health promotion, and similar things are done in a variety areas across the world, including things like no junk food in schools, minimum alcohol priceing.

:shock: strange choice of comparators?!

It's a government health promotion, and similar things are done in a variety areas across the world, including things like no junk food in schools, minimum alcohol priceing.

:shock: strange choice of comparators?!

I know they are weird comparisons, and didn't mean them totally directly - I'm not for one minute suggesting ff is 'bad' in the junk food sense - I just couldn't think of anything more appropriate.

I just meant there's loads of areas where the government control sales/advertising rules in an atttempt to promote the healthier options - problem is Bf is probably least clear cut due to the emotion involved. Xxx

Fair enough. As it happens I'm not sensitive as a FF but I just thought that comparing it to those sort of initiatives doesn't sit right with me. Xxx

I just think the assume you choose to ff and not everyone does some have to - maybe if i had better/ more support i could have bf but when my milk came in at home i had no support and didnt have a clue what to do and after been fobbed off in hospital when i asked how do you know there feeding i didnt want to go to them for help.

I just think yes i ff but so what she is a right chunky thing, healthy as hell and happy - i express as much as i can so she gets some good but i did this off my own back, once i had to give her the bottle in hospital they stopped trying to help, in my eyes looking back they could have told me all about expressing so she could get some good stuff... i could have just gone home and not bothered if i hadn't have thought of it myself.

It seems that hospitals have alot to answer for! My hospital was useless but I got help from breast feeding support, I would've given up without their help and sheer determination.

Hospitals are shite with helping bf!! With Jaycee I was only 18 and the older mums were getting one on one help straight away but I had to ask for help, this mw came over grabbed my boob and baby and joined them and said 'there you go' and left me! Didn't show me how or anything! I failed bf twice and I'm determined to do it this time round regardless of all the negativity I'm getting for it!
I think they should give points for all baby products, some can't help but ff..
But that's just my thoughts on it.. :)

I didnt start this post to cause arguements againt bf and ff.....I was just p@@sed off that I had collected a hell of alot of points and couldnt use it on something I wanted to....There are no signs anywhere to say you cant buy milk with points....Im not particulally bothered I dont get them for buying milk as I do buy alot of other stuff from there!

I do think "breast is best" but there are alot of circumstances where mothers cant bf and that really does p@@s me off when other bf mums just think its an easy way out to bf and that you should persavere! If I hadnt have put my baby on a bottle by day 5 she would have gotten ill! It was heartbreaking that I couldnt bf and giving LO a bottle the 1st few times really upset me. In my area there is a hell of alot of support for bf. A woman comes out every morning from the breast feeding support to help you/advise you. I also had alot of support in hospital. There are plenty of other circumstances where its impossible to bf.....the mother may be ill and unable to feed baby.....my cousin cant bf once she has a baby as she was diganosed with breast cancer age 25 and at age 26 she had a double masectomy! I dont think anyone should judge anyone else the way they bring up their child as long as the child is fed/happy and well looked after!

S
xx

I don't think it was an argument at all people have been discussing different experiences and opinions without arguing. I think has been refreshing for everyone, having the chance to share stories good and bad and moan about the way government do it. Not one person agrees in no points for milk and everyone seems to think more money should be spent on publicising bfing by the government!

Oh u can't BUY milk with boots points??? That's a bit shitty!!
It's great there's such a support unit going on in ur area I hope there's one here like that!
I know how u feel it killed me to ff my girls the first times :( They needed it so I gave it to them. I was lacking support and failed miserably..
U should be able to use the points you've accumulated to buy formula it's bloody expensive! Is that the only thing u can't use boots points for??

I don't think it was an argument at all people have been discussing different experiences and opinions without arguing. I think has been refreshing for everyone, having the chance to share stories good and bad and moan about the way government do it. Not one person agrees in no points for milk and everyone seems to think more money should be spent on publicising bfing by the government!

Ive really enjoyed reading this thread. Its nice to hear different opinoions and experience without it turning in to a slagging match.

JM - I think there are other things that you cant use ur points for - someone posted about that a bit further back in the thread. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back