P@@sed off with boots!

Oh u can't BUY milk with boots points??? That's a bit shitty!!
It's great there's such a support unit going on in ur area I hope there's one here like that!
I know how u feel it killed me to ff my girls the first times :( They needed it so I gave it to them. I was lacking support and failed miserably..
U should be able to use the points you've accumulated to buy formula it's bloody expensive! Is that the only thing u can't use boots points for??

I know I use the pre made cartons and they are 1lt so do a days feed there is only boots and asda that sell them in my local area.....they are £2.20 a carton so its a small fortune every week.....I was wanting to bulk buy from my card and buy a months worth (I normally just buy a weeks worth) Looks like I'll be spending it on clothes and nappies haha

s
xx

I think you should be able to buy formula with points and accumulate them. However I don't think having special offers on them every now and again is a good idea as it may encourage people to keep changing brand depending on whats on offer at the time. But I don't think being able to get points on them will encourage people to choose ff over bf!
I agree with more support, and free samples of nipple sheilds, pads & creams etc and for it to be discussed more in ante natal classes.
I just think there are better ways of encouraging people to bf than punishing those who can't/don't x

Oh u can't BUY milk with boots points??? That's a bit shitty!!
It's great there's such a support unit going on in ur area I hope there's one here like that!
I know how u feel it killed me to ff my girls the first times :( They needed it so I gave it to them. I was lacking support and failed miserably..
U should be able to use the points you've accumulated to buy formula it's bloody expensive! Is that the only thing u can't use boots points for??

I know I use the pre made cartons and they are 1lt so do a days feed there is only boots and asda that sell them in my local area.....they are £2.20 a carton so its a small fortune every week.....I was wanting to bulk buy from my card and buy a months worth (I normally just buy a weeks worth) Looks like I'll be spending it on clothes and nappies haha

s
xx

That's awful :( can't u buy a bunch of clothes with them then exchange for milk???
J used to prefer the cartons where they'd make E sick :roll: they aren't cheap!! They should at least reduce the price!! :(

Yeh the hospital was crap. Long version of my story ---
It is my first baby, im 22 and i wanted to brest feed, a lady came in on delivery, sort of latched on the baby and she sucked for 5- 10 minutes, i kept asking 'how do you know she is drinking' and they just looked at the baby and said dont worry she is,
I got to the ward at midnight, exahusted, hungry (hadn't eaten all day and threw up after delivery when i tryed to eat) and i sat in a corner on my own trying desperatly to BF, I asked two more midwifes as they passed how will i know the baby is drinking? they didnt even come over just went 'oh you will be fine' so after 10 mins of baby sucking she started pulling away and crying. She calmed down but wouldnt drink so i put her in the cot, six hours later a student midwife came and tryed to get baby to latch and she just screamed, after going for advice she said to strip baby naked to wake it up a bit and try different positions, this went on for another hour her crying me getting upset. Tryed to express ---no milk. I feel like i let her down and my body failed me, but the earlier midwifes where no help and i knew it wasnt right, she wasnt drinking at all!
Luckly i had packed an emergency bottle with one feed just incase i needed a section or something so after she had gone so long without food and screaming the midwife said she would need formula.
The next morning not one person aproched me all day, after six hours i went to find a midwife to see where to sterilise the bottle etc, they wrote in my notes that i didnt go and ask for further assitance with bf--- i didnt know i could!!!
I didnt know to go ask i just thought still no milk so nothing i could do! I was fuming the next day when i read it. Its like they blamed me for not going to them and asking them to show me again...
Anyway i just think if someone had taken some time to go through my options the next day i would have felt a lot better about it, even if they just gave advice about expressing (how to etc) But nothing, they didnt even tell me that she was due a feed like they had with the other women.

So thats my experience with BF, after all the money spent on posters etc telling me to bf at the end when i tryed there was no support and i was left to struggle on my own. They could hire one woman per ward (not a midwife just a minimum wage job) who could go and talk to women the morning after and even if they want to ff make them aware of expressing etc... i think thats the only way they will change peoples views on breast feeding.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear ur story babe it's awful isn't it :( they should defo have breastfeeding ladies going round the hospitals offering advice and tips etc! What harm would it do?? They could link them as advertising women for bf products like pads and creams etc... They could replace the pointless bounty people who are always there!!!! Or train them up!!

Yeh they have time to send someone around taking pictures of the newborns to sell the parents and filling out forms etc that it would be nice for someone to just walk to each mum asking how they plan to feed, give voulchers for like nipple cream etc, advice and help for the first few times breast feeding, diet advice and just someone to make you feel confident.
Even if they then said bottle feed they could give advice for expressing and again told the benifits of breast milk even if they are encoraged just to try for the first week. It wouldn't do any halm and probably do more help than the money they waste on bounty people etc. xx

Sorry to hear your bad experience....The hospital I was in did have a dedicated team who come round and explain everything and help you out if you need it. Then you have a dedicated woman who comes to your house everyday untill your confident enough not to need any help. She gave me her mob num and said I could contact her 24hours a day. She gave me leaflets and a lovely little blanket on the 1st day she came to the house. She also gave me a brouchure with all the places cafes/restaurants etc that are bf freindly......I know everywhere should be but these places have a policy if someone complains the person complaining will be asked to leave! There is also a thing called bosom buddies where breast feeding mums can go to meet other breast feeding mums and discuss and get info from the breast feeding support people, they meet on all different days in different areas throughout the week. I just presumed it was like that across the country. Its terrible that there isnt that support everywhere cos I do think alot more women would bf.

s
xx

Omg that's amazing! That would've really helped me just on a social aspect as we moved to this area in November and I know no one. I haven't been able to get out to any groups yet.

It's terrible that the support you get varies soooo widely. The MLU I wanna go to is very into 'natural childbirth' so places a lot of emphasis on alternatives to drugs, breast feeding etc.

I'm dreading something going wrong and I need to go to the hosp, cos I've heard they are a bit like redbears, and aren't interested in helping you at all.

Xxx

That sounds amazing!!!! I agree bounty people are pointless just a way of making money out of new parents and it's wrong!! They make u feel guilty if u don't buy anything!! Especially as the woman next to u always buys the biggest package!!! :mad: so we got the big package and cancelled the day after!! :lol: and tbh the photos she took were absolute crap!!!! Made her look so ugly lol!!

Pp that sounds amazing! I wish there could of been something like that here. Bf support is really lacking here. I've already decided that if I have another and bf works out (which I'm determined it will next time! Lol) then im going to train to be a bf supporter in the local groups. there's only one session a week in my town. That just isn't enough!

I remember the bounty lady coming round. I was feeding at the time and she just came right on while I was completely topless! I said no straight out and didn't even let her take a photo.

I remember the bounty lady coming round. I was feeding at the time and she just came right on while I was completely topless! I said no straight out and didn't even let her take a photo.

I found that on my ward. I was laying there naked under a hospital gown, with a catheter,learning to bf and not allowed to get out of bed and people would just open my curtains then walk away leaving them half open!! I was mortified! If I asked them to close them they'd leave a 5 inch gap open. They'd also just walk in not even ask if I was decent.... Even the lady bringing dinners round!!!

Pp that sounds amazing! I wish there could of been something like that here. Bf support is really lacking here. I've already decided that if I have another and bf works out (which I'm determined it will next time! Lol) then im going to train to be a bf supporter in the local groups. there's only one session a week in my town. That just isn't enough!

Thats fab! If we have another I will definately try as this 1 experience hasnt put me off and I know there will be support again.

Yea those bounty woman are horrible! She took pics and I just said give me a leaflet with the details on and If I want anything Ill order off the website.....I havent bought anything! My friend pre warned me about them! haha

S
xx

my mum bought them but they where very good pics but still annoying!

Pink Princess that sounds exactly what im talking about where abouts are you from if you dont mind me asking?
I just think if someone had helped i would have done it. Its a difficult time your just getting to know your baby and learn everything it would be nice if they helped a bit more with bf its like they dont have time for you (well it was for me) x

my mum bought them but they where very good pics but still annoying!

Pink Princess that sounds exactly what im talking about where abouts are you from if you dont mind me asking?
I just think if someone had helped i would have done it. Its a difficult time your just getting to know your baby and learn everything it would be nice if they helped a bit more with bf its like they dont have time for you (well it was for me) x

Sunderland hun, I had a few issues with the hosptal itself but thats a whole new thread haha but I couldnt fault the help I had regarding bf...it really was second to non.

s
xx

Little miss I formula fed my child. I agree you shouldn't get points. Please read things fully before going off on one.

Agreed trolling comes to mind

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Thats harsh! If you read back you'll see I was involved in the discussion from the first cpl of pages.

Ppl need to stop getting defensive. I'm angry at the govt. Not anyone in this thread.

:roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back