P@@sed off with boots!

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
The fact you cant use your points to buy milk!!!! I went in today a nd as I had accumulated alot of points and Its the only place in town that sells the 1lt cartons of sma I thought Id buy a whole load....went to pay and the sales assistant said sorry you cant pay for milk with your boots card nor do you earn points! I know its cos of the whole government backed scheme of breastfeeding but I was unable to breast feed.....I just wasnt producing enough milk....I was gutted when I had to formula feed. My LO was born 5lb2 and was a little Jaundice....by day 4 I had to bottle feed her.....I tried hand expressing and with a pump but no joy....I had m/w's and the beast feeding support woman trying to express for me aswell but no joy!

Thats it im boycotting boots and buying from Asda haha

thats absolutely rediculous!

Im not sure i would have stayed very calm!

I knew about them not allowed to do offers on formula, but didn't know you didn't gain points, i've been going out of my way every week to go to boots to buy formula, coz I was thinking I was gaining points

:wall2:

Yea I was shocked! I didnt bloody buy them and I had 10 cartons on the counter! Its bloody rediculous! I buy alot from there been a member of the parenting club 10 points for every pound spent.....not a very good deal if you cant friggin spend it on the most important thing for your baby! x

I knew about them not allowed to do offers on formula, but didn't know you didn't gain points, i've been going out of my way every week to go to boots to buy formula, coz I was thinking I was gaining points

:wall2:

In city there is only boots and Asda that sell the 1lt cartons....I do my shopping in Asda and purposely go to boots to get the forumula....like you I thought I was getting point for them! Ive never checked a reciept as I thought that everything you bought in there you got points! x

to be fair it's not a decision taken by boots. their not allowed to do it. its like you can't get coupons and formula is never ever included in any baby events in the supermarket, very annoying!! xx

So annoying, i got roped into getting a stupid boots card because i was told id get llots of points from his milk, but i can only get it from boots anyway so cant even take my custom elsewhere :( it is silly, maybe they should just not give as many points for formula milk? And its hhardly like anyone sits there and says 'what, no advantage points for formula milk?' Right thats it I'm breastfeeding! X

I found this out when AJ was about 2 months, I was fuming, it's cos the government know it's the only thing you can give your baby apart from breast milk obviously so they can get away with it it's out of order isnt it x

I know where they're coming from with those laws but i'd find it hard 2 believe someone would decide to formula feed just because there is offers/points.

:roll:

I knew you couldn't get points from the formulas and offers can't be done onn stage one milk but didn't know you couldn't spend points on the milk either :(
I also don't think people would choose to formula feed because of the offers or boots points, its all down to choice at the end of the day x

You do get points on follow on milk, but it isn't just boots that follow these rules. It's only on milk up to 6 months old (first milk etc)

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I chose to formula feed because he wouldnt latch one plus i wasn't producing enough milk

I don't think it's that bad :blush: it never bothered me I couldn't get points. You don't get points for breast feeding so it didn't seem like a loss to not get points for formula :/

It makes me flipping mad! Most people would love to bf but some of us can't and I hate the way we get judged for that. O is ff cos I couldn't bf and it really upset me but I did what was right for both of us! The poor boy was starving and he wasn't getting anything from me!

I got a tut and a raised eyebrow for buyin stage 1 formula in morrisons last week and it made me livid.

The government live on cuckoo land of they think not letting stage 1 formula be on offer etc encourages bf! we all know bf is ultimately the best but those of us that can't should be made to feel like failures and that we r doing something wrong!

I am not ashamed to say my baby is ff and of ppl assume I must be a bad mother then they are ignorant!

Argh sorry about the rant lol

I don't think it's that bad :blush: it never bothered me I couldn't get points. You don't get points for breast feeding so it didn't seem like a loss to not get points for formula :/

I kinda agree

Me too. Sometimes I felt like I was the looser for bf as its ultimately down to you to provide all the nutrition, ensure you look after yourself, drink enough etc. You get funny looks from people too. I couldn't leave her longer than 2 hours. I was thinking the other day how much money I'd saved on milk!

Must admit I don't buy much from boots unless it's 3 for 2.

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I ain't bothered about points etc I just think it is wrong ur made to feel like a failure if u have to ff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back