own brand baby products or not?

cocoflakes

Reaction score
Does anyone here buy own brands for there baby such as tesco or asda nappies/shampoo/lotions etc?

You can use baby products on dogs so we bought a 11p baby shampoo for our dog and it was really good, my mum says you shouldnt buy cheap things like that for babies though because they have sensitive skin but im confused because they are made for babies and if they wasnt suitable they wouldnt be able to put them on the shelves, am i right?
Also arent they just cheap because the packaging is simple with no design etc?

Ive heard people say asda nappies are better than pampers and huggies. Like you say they couldn't sell it if it would harm baby! x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

my bestie says tesco nappies are brilliant! she also says not to touch pampers, cause they are shit! haha

I personally wouldn't use own brand lotions etc. as I have very sensitive skin myself and find cheaper products seem to cause a reaction. I've heard with disposable nappies it really is a case of getting what you pay for as well. However, baby wipes I may be tempted to use own brand. I use TESCO own brand unscented baby wipes as make up removal, and also use them for my OH's daughter when she get's mucky. Both of us have quite sensitive skin and find them really good. Obviously it's different using them on my face to baby's bottom but I may well try them.

I think it's all personal preference.
They wouldn't sell them if they wernt suitable... You might find baby doesn't like a certain stuff.
Iv heard asda and tesco nappies are fab, every baby is a different shape so different brands suits babies... And my friends baby Tescos own nappies were the best for her.

When my little bit was first born i bought pampers etc, but as he got older i thought i would try the Assad little angels nappies because at the end of the day they all go I'n the bin lol, I've never used a different brand again:) they are brill never had a leaky nappy again, with this one ill prob use the asda nappies straight away sometimes they have a pack of 24 for £1 ( not smartprice) :) x

I hate pampers and huggies so use cheap nappies, I use jonsons everything else they are available in most pound shop so not stupidly expensive

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

Morrisons own brand nappies are really good too. I used johnson and johnson on my LO when she was a baby, but her skin was always dry as was her scalp. I've recently switched to morrisons savers baby shampoo and baby bath for her, and her skin and scalp are actually alot clearer xxx

I've heard Aldi nappies are brilliant.

We've got Pampers and Huggies at the moment, but will definitely give the supermarkets' own a whirl :) xx

I used asda nappies along side cloth, they were great 10 years ago! lol

I use halo n horns on my boys as my youngest has odd patch of psoriasis when I've used soap or even johnsons. I'll probably stick to halo n horns with this one (just for ease of having same stuff in house) but if you read the ingredients on branded/non branded items they are almost identical, my friend does Avon too and get some good deals off her too occasionally as my eldest has skin of an ox, think I could use anything on him and his skin would stay perfect.

I used shops own brands on my DD, I know it was 14 years ago, but I wouldn't think diffrently of using them now. I have sensitive skin and use Tesco fragrance free wipes on my face and hands if I'm sticky in the car and they are fine even now.

On the flip side my friend's daughter was fine with shops own brand nappies and wipes and she was given a sample of huggies wipes when they came out, they basically peeled the poor things skin off and she has had skin issues ever since. Maybe the eczema would have started without the wipes, but it certainly started at the point of contact and my friend has been told it could have been the wipes!!

I have also heard Aldi's nappies are good, I think I may be brave enough to give them a go one day

I currently use Asdas little angels nappies which are fab and also the Little angels bubble bath which again is also good. The wipes are brilliant and at 78p cant complain.
Have tried the tesco nappies and morrisons nappies and again are good.
Do use the johnsons stuff as can buy it cheap in £ shops x

Asda Little angle nappies are great , Huggies r crap they leak really bad x

Sunshine_1 I totally agree with what you say about Huggies wipes my DD would scream if I used them, they must be quite harsh x

Somebody told me once asda and tesco nappies are made by the same companies that make huggies and pampers can never remember which way round that was though!

AWe use Asda or Tesco nappies and wipes, and had Pampers dry nites for night time until he was about 1, and without any problems. Sensitive skin wipes they're ok from birth, however I think I'll stick with cotton wool and water for the first 6 weeks like I did with ds.

As for bath Ive still got the J&J shampoo from birth (you dont need it for ages really), and I use their softwash as he can get dry skin, otherwise its adsa or tesco products.

Well I have the Johnsons shampoo to was my exzma around my eyes (doc told me of it) and we used it on the doc last night since he's hidden his own.

Sams fur is now silky smooth and real soft :D Didn't even irritate around his op wound either which is now clean and free from dressing goo and dried blood.

As for nappies - we only have sainsburys here and other side of town is a Tescos but I can't walk that far and can't drive so have to rely on hubby.
So it'll be 1 sample of each of pampers,huggies and Basics to try.

oh dear, I had been buying Huggies newborn by the barrell load! got loads in size 1 and size 2.

think I might stop buying them now and wait and see..........

I've got a stockpile of Pampers :roll:

Only been buying them whislt they are on special - I do plan to sample various brands though!

Not got any of the toiletries yet, but think I will start with branded stuff!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Aldi nappies are fantastic I use them with my toddler. I got bought a load of johnsons products when pg with my ds and have loads left!!although I did use asdas own liquid talc and it was brilliant but never actually used anything else on my ds! I've been the same with washing powder as my skin is sensitive I buy named stuff and so far my ds seems fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back