Ovarian Cyst

edieSTAR

Reaction score
Hi all,
New to the forum so a big Hi!

I'm not trying to conceive as such but I wasn't sure where else to post this.

I am 32 years old and have never fallen pregnant. I have had long term relationships only and after taking the pill initially, was forced to come off it due to being an anxiety/depression sufferer. Unfortunately, Itried several pills and each of them made me feel dreadful so I decided to stay off it for a while. Well, you all know how it is (I think???) when you use contraception but then you slacken on occasion. It got to the stage where we were using nothing yet I was never falling pregnant (it was a long term relationship as mentioned and we were both safe in every other department!) Yes, we were young and foolish but it amazed me that was so 'lucky' at the time.

This went on for about 4 years and now I am with a different partner. We aren't what you would call 'trying' for a baby but I suppose you could argue that I am in that we are using no contraception. If I fall pregnant, great and if not then we will look at different avenues in a few months. In other words, we aren't using any additional methods such as temperature charts, ovulation times etc. However, I am failing (I know he is fertile!) Now, since having been for several tests I have found out that I have a cyst on my left ovary.

The doctors have told me that I should still be able to conceive as I have another one working perfectly. I just wanted to see what anyone on here thought or if anyone has been through anything similar. I am sure that I could go for assisted but I just wonder if I will ever be able to get pregnant.

Any help would be apprerciated. Many thanks.

Ive had one removed and have been to hospital a few times with pain with other cycst but I eventually did conceive. I had/have endometriosos and this was more of a hinderance. I was due to get ivf but conceived the cycle before I started ivf.

It is possible. :D Good luck

Hi and welcome.

I'm pretty sure my Mum had cysts and she had 3 of us with no problems :hug:

Mx

Hi :wave:

I'm 33 years old and have never fallen pregnant despite the fact that my hubby and i have been using the unsafe withdrawal method for the last 15 yrs! It's only been 7/8 months since we've started taking this TTCing seriously but it is worrying so i can emphasize with you there. I also have a cyst on each ovary but my drs reassure me that cysts are very common and if you're having regular periods and are ovulating mid cycle then there's nothing to worry about. I have recently had an internal examination and am waiting for blood test results to find it if anything else is wrong. I suggest you enquire about having some tests done yourself and get your partner to have a sperm count test. I can understand your concerns though as we both seem to be at the same place. You can pm me anytime if you want a chat :hug:

When i went for my first scanthey said that i had at some point had a cyst and this obviously didn't stop us conceiving x x x

I had my 'last' baby 12 years ago, a few years later I was rushed into hospital with severe abdominal pain, in surgery they discovered I had an ovarian cyst over 15 inches across (and there was me thinking I was getting fat :shock: ) my consultant had never delt with one so big, I spent 10 days in hospital as I had peritinitus and lost my right ovary.

then 18 moths ago I got all broody when a niece had a baby and it never left me, we decided to try for another in may last year, knowing we might struggle and that our age was against us we still tried esp when the doctor said he couldnt see why there would be a problem but it may take longer :think: It did indeed take us 1 full year but we did it!!!!

best of luck :D

It depends on the type and size of cyst whetther its likely to be having an effect, it may well alter the functionality of that ovary, but assuming the other one is clear then that will pick up the slack.

I have an endometriosis cyst on one ovary and have been told they reccommend surgery to remove it as we are going to have IVF and it would improve our chances if it was gone.

i'm sure your gynaecologist ( i assume this is who's been doing the tests) would advise you if they thought it was going to make any difference.

goodluck xxx

Wow, thanks guys. That's so good of you all to reply.

I think, like you Notty, that I just worry that I'll never concieve, why wouldn't I have already? Apart from assistted pregnancy I can't see what could suddenly change.

I bet it was a wonderful feeling for all of you who were successful...congratulations. :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back