crazy lady looking for advice

lumie

Reaction score
Girls,
My periods had been regular over the last 5 months ranging from 27 to 31 days - we were using contraception but were planning to start TTC in a month or two. From day 27 to Day 33 this month we didn't use contraception - at the beginning I thought it was safe as my period was due and then we just didn't... I did a pregnancy test on day 33 and it was negative. So I obviously ovulated late and that is why my period is late. Now I assume that it is possible that I ovulated around Day 27 or later and that I could be pregnant. It's day 35 now and I guess I could be up to a week pregnant. My left breast was quite tender last night and this morning both are but I don't know if they usually are before my period - I don't think so. I guess I just have to keep testing until Day 45 or until AF shows up but I guess I'm asking whether sore breasts are a symtom of period as well as a symtom of pregnancy? It would be really nice to get pregnant without planning it as I think I would be a very obsessed person about it. (the negative side would be being up to 69 days post conception on my wedding day - I'm not sure if that would show as I am poured into my dress).

Sadly AF symptoms are very similar to those of pregnancy symptoms.
I had sore breasts before a period and had them before my positive pregnancy test too. I swore I was due on any second but AF never arrived for me. Wait until your period is due and test then, pointless wasting them between now and then, they get expensive!! :hug:

I was the same as Nichola, I knew my period was late but I also thought I was getting the symptoms and would come on at any time but obviously I didn't. Pregnancy symptoms and period symptoms felt exactly the same to me, it's very misleading! :?

Thanks for your reply Nicola and yours Vickyleigh. Given that I wasn't using OPK's I really have no idea when my period is due which is part of the problem. I'm 8 days past when my period should have been due based on the previous 5 cycles but I'm also only 8/9 days past when we had unprotected sex the first time - you're probably right that I shouldn't be wasting my money on tests yet but with the wedding coming up I guess this is making me quite nervous - questions like will I fit into my dress, will I feel sick on the day, will people know.....

I was a bit nauseas this morning and my breasts are just getting sorer. Yesterday I was still saying that I didn't feel pregnant but suddenly today I feel that I probably am and it's very unsettling not knowing. I've been lurking on this site and a few others for ages and didn't fully appreciate what all the girls TTC were going through. What I've read says 10 DPO is when you can get a result but it might take until 14DPO so unless I get a result or my period between now and 10 days time I will feel a bit uncertain.

i didnt even realise i was pregnant until my boobs began to seriously grow and hurt more than any period! i had a little bit of a period the month after i conceived, this is what tricked me!!

my boobs were so tender, i couldnt stand my partner touching them. my bras became uncomfortable too. i didnt have sickness as such, i felt a bit queasy around certain smells (15 perfumes, went off them all!) and i was soooooooo tired, i just kept falling asleep!

that is how i knew and i bought a test. i was about 4 weeks when i got my BFP. all the other months i would watch every symptom and hope but with it being december when i conceived, i was so busy with christmas that it didnt cross my mind about dates and stuff!!

hope some of this helps.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back