Anyone been to a clinic "open day"?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I'm going one tomorrow at the Priory Clinic in Birmingham and when the idea first occurred, i figured i was going to have a million and one questions.

Well, now i'm having a bit of a mental block.

I've looked at the success rates of the clinic and they aren't as good as i hoped, but the more i read about the success rates the more unreliable they sound because it is quite easy for a clinic to manipulate the stats by taking on more of a certain kind of patient.

We're taking the sperm results with us and i'm hoping it will be like an initial consultation, without the referral.

Any must ask questions that you can think of... all i'm coming up with at the moment is "When can the treatment start?" lol :wall2:

Didn't want to read and run hunni!

I would say the only reason they have these open days is to create more business and money. I just go along with the NHS lol

Donna x

Oh?

I don't have to pay for the appointment or anything...

That's how my private Hearing Aid company work, no charge for appointments but Open Days are good for getting lots of people in through the doors to up the chances of them coming back to us to purchase....

Glad to be leaving it next month :D

Good luck though :)

Lxx

There was only us and one other women :)

Down Regulation starts in January if i go private :good:

He said that with the Nhs cuts and things (he is a Nhs consultant too) that the waiting times are getting longer and longer or funding being pulled out from under people without notice :shock:

I can go this Saturday and get the rest of my diagnostics done all at once (scan for me), although they want to repeat the semen analysis because on the Nhs a lab tech does it with a computer and private an embryologist does it with their specific experience so they will have a better idea of whether we can get away with IVF or not - although he thinks it's ICSI based on the Nhs tests.

We chatted to an embyologist for a while and then to the consultant and he did suggest that maybe Derby would be worth visiting too - so not after the money i think.

I think i'll book to see Derby asap and then go ahead with private.

If it fails, then i should just about be at the top of the list for Nhs treatment assuming they keep to the timeframe suggested :)

Last edited:
Aww great news louiseB!

January, thats so exciting :) :)

I see a BFP with your name on it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member