our gorgeous boy Flynn

spice

Reaction score
so this is my first time at ever doing anything like this!
as i had quite an uneventful pregnancy there wasn't much i could have wrote about! and i know parenting will be a lot more eventful!

so it all started on Wednesday the 10th of August, late in the evening the first recognisable contractions started and we knew you were on your way!

two days later: Friday the 12th of August at 7:45pm you arrived, weighing 8lb 4oz :) you only gave out two small cry's whilst you were being handed to me then you went all relaxed and just enjoyed cuddles :)

we were both so quite during the birth that the midwives at the station actually had to come ask if a baby had been born, they couldn't believe i hadn't screamed during it and that you hadn't cried your heart out either!

both mummy and daddy had cuddles with you and neither of us couldn't believe how gorgeous and peaceful your were!

so your now just over a week old, and we've already had some small but manageable troubles! we had problems with breastfeeding to start with and i'm not sure exactly what they were, as each midwife gave us a different opinion! but we've made it a week now, and i know we can do this :)

we spent the first 2 days in hospital because of the feeding problems but i felt much happier once we got home! the first few nights at home were hard, and i've felt like a zombie at times! being sleep deprived and having sore stitches had made me quite emotional at times, but your daddy is so patient with me (and you) its made things a lot easier!

i've started to feel less emotional and sleep deprived over the last couple of days, especially as everything we've read and the midwives we've seen since being home have all said that you are defiantly getting enough food into you :) as this was both mine and your daddy's concerns!

i can't believe your a week old, time has gone so quickly!

Congratulations to you - what a lovely name you picked! reminds me of Errol Flynn from the old clasisic movies .

Well done with the feeding, and enjoy him (don't forget to record his tiny newborn crying on your mobiles to look back on as that sound changes sooo fast!)

so your 2 weeks and 4 days old now :) and your still a really good baby! we're very lucky!

week two was quite hard on me and your daddy, i had a lot of problems with feeding you and you are now being predominately formula feed :( i am expressing for you but not getting very much at all, though i hope to improve this over the next week or so! we've had a few nights where you just didn't want to sleep, which made us very grumpy parents!

you've had your first proper visitors too now, your great uncle, great auntie and their two daughters drove over 200 miles just to come see you :) they took a video to show the rest of the family back in Wales too :) and your having more visitors this week end :) your godparents Aimee and Rich are travelling down from Shropshire!

it's such a pain being so far away from the rest of the families, but we have 3/4 of your grandparents around us here so your not missing out on them!

so your 3weeks 5days old now, and we've finally registered you, you're now a British citizen! for the last week or so you've been a right little munchkin, having 5/6oz per feed :shock: and you've also started to fight sleep during the day, not sure if that's a good thing or not but you slept from 11pm to 5am last night :) would be nice if you kept to that sort of pattern! but not keeping my hopes up!

Nanny and Granddad are coming over either Friday or Saturday, going to try and take some nice photos of you with everyone as i need to fill my frames!

so on thursday night (the night before you turned 4 weeks :shock:) you fell asleep in my arms around 11:30pm :) and slept until 8am the next morning :shock: and the next night you went down at 1:30am and slept till 7am, so two nights of uninterrupted sleep for mummy :) not that i mind getting up in the night!

we took you out in your sling again today (this time outside!) and it started to rain on our way home, and boy did you not like that!

OMG time have just flown! your a month today :shock: and we've had a lovely day so far :) we had some play time on your gym and you we're making some really cute expressions! You've become even more vocal in the last few days too, making lots of different noises while awake and asleep :)
here you today

So Friday the 16th September was a sad sad day for us :( your great Nan (daddy’s paternal Nan) died. she unfortunately never had the pleasure of seeing your gorgeous face, or have a hold of your wriggly body :( you are the first great grandchild on this side of your daddy's family, so in some senses it's nice to know that she knew you exist!
i wish it was under better circumstances, but her funeral means you will now be meeting the rest of the family, and get to meet your "uncle" Cy (daddy’s best and longest friend) and his little boy Charlie :)
we miss you Iris, but your back with Gordon now :)

so today you are 8 weeks old, and for the last 6 weeks you've been sleeping through the night :) (with a few nights here and there waking up at 4am)

you had your check up today and your all 'normal' and un-shockingly your length/height is on the 91st centile! you now weight 11bl 5oz and your head is 39.3cm!

so daddy and mummy have decided that this weekend you will be moving from your moses basket to your cot, and we hope you like having more room to kick around in! and hopefully daddy will be able to get your mobile to work properly too!

now mummies off to finish cooking daddies (and mine too) dinner and to also finish feeding you :)

We've moved Poppy into her cot now :) She took to it straight away, she just wasn't looking comfortable in her moses basket anymore. I can't believe it's 8 weeks for us, it's going SO quick! x

so you had your first set of injections on Tuesday, and the nurse was great, she did them nice and quick without any fuss! you literately only screamed while the needle was in and then dropped off back to sleep :) you slept most of the afternoon and took your feeds like normal, you needed a few extra cuddles in the evening as you got the lightest of temperatures, but you still managed to sleep from 10pm till 7am :) lucky mummy!

so your two months now :shock: it's gone very very quickly! and you've grown so so much! you've been sleeping 10pm till 7am for a while now and it's really nice as it means I get plenty of sleep too! took lots of photos of you again yesterday, and today we are going to paint your hands and use them to sign your daddy's birthday card with, as its his birthday on Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back