our little man's arrival

spice

Reaction score
so i'll start from the beginning, the very beginning . . . sorry likely to be a long one!

Wednesday evening i started to think i was having contractions, but decided to try and get some sleep!

Thursday morning i woke up early (about 6am) and realised they were defiantly contractions i'd been having the night before and throughout the night. they were coming quick and strong, with a lot of back pain. told my OH not to go to work, and we rang labour ward, who confirmed i was in the early stages.

throughout the day they got stronger and stayed regular, had a bath at about 9:30pm which helped, but then the pains started to get stronger so i tried to sleep, but couldn't! by this point i'd called labour ward a few times, so when i felt like i needed to go in i called my parents to get on their way over (my mum was my second birth partner!)

we got to the hospital at about 4am Friday morning! and was pretty much left to it for a while, had an internal and was told i was 4cm :) but they thought i was still not quite in active labour so went for a few walks. at 11am i had 2 co-codamol to help with the back pain as baby had twisted his spine towards mine :( hence the horrid back ache! so also did some positioning to get him to turn.

had a second internal was still 4cm but waters were popping out so mw didn't want to try and stretch to much in-case it made them burst! waters went on their own at 2:55 and at some point (cant remember if before or after waters went) had another internal was now 8cm :)

went to the pool for a while and was having loads of back pain so had gas and air . . . nearly a whole canister to myself (explains to fuzzy memory!) went back to room as contractions were slowing and was really feeling the pressure and wanted to push! had no more pain relief from her on! was pushing for a little while and mw checked to make sure he was coming down properly, which he was but i couldn't get him to stay down in the canal, apparently i had a lip of muscle that just wouldn't stretch so i could either tear or get cut, so i ended up getting cut and he was out in the next two contractions :yay:

baby Flynn was born at 7:45pm weighing 8lb 4oz and is amazing!

our gorgeous little man

the two gorgeous men in my life!

Last edited:
Sounds like you did great, congratulations xx

Awww well done you hun, sounds like you did fab! And Flynn is such a gorgeous name - massive congrats! xx

Woohoo :) Congratulations Hun, Lovely Pics To, He Is A Little Cutie x

Last edited:
what a beautiful baby boy!
congratulations x x

Huge congratulations - I love his name, its one of my favorites! x

I been away hun and missed you news Congratulations to you both he's lovely x

Congratulations, he's so cute! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics