Coming off pill - Late but BFN

Wanting1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been reading your posts for a while but finally decided to join.

I came off the pill (after 8 years) on the 18th August and we had sex during my fertile days.My AF came on 21st August but nothing since. I know that the body can take some time to adjust but can it take this long? I have some symptoms but I am probably just imagining them. I did two test and both were negative. Have you got any advice? Shall I see a doctor? I am worried that I might not be ovulating if I do not have a period.

Thanks in advance.

Zuzi

Hi, I'd think it's a bit too early to start worrying and give yourself some more time for your body to catch up on itself. Thats been like 5+weeks since af? Give it 8 weeks before worrying then you'll have mssed in theory 2 periods.
I think the pill really messes with womens bodies, more than I thought from what I read here.

Maybe start temping and you might see an ovulation curve.

welcome too! :hug:

It can take ages to get your periods back after finishing the pill....but dont fret because they will return. Some people are lucky and they return exactly 28 days after they finish and some take months (hopefully not the case for you) im assuming your not pregnant because you have done a test, I came off the pill the exact same time as you and im pregnant now.
Dont worry it will all be fine, its just having the patience of waiting which is a killer!

Good luck xxx

Hey, I've been off the pill since April and I am only just feeling like my body is getting back to normal. It's so frustrating I know, but just try and give it time and try not to worry. I think I may have ovulated yesterday cos I had pains and slight browny cm so it may have actually taken me until now to get the pill out of my system. Some people are much more lucky though, and so I hope you are one of them. It will sort itself out eventually - good luck hun. x

Thanks for all your advice.

A couple of days have passed and still no news.
As I was regular before and if my calculations are correct I am now on day 42 after my withdrawal bleed.
I am not feeling right, headaches, tiredness, nausea and stomach pulling but I guess this could be the effects from coming off the pill.

Do you know whether you are ovulating without a period?
Also, has anyone experienced a BFN only to find out later that they were pregnant? I would be interested to see when the BFN appeared and at which time they found out to be pregnant.

I think I might do another test this Saturday and see a doctor next week just for peace of mind.

Susi

Wanting1 said:

As I was regular before and if my calculations are correct I am now on day 42 after my withdrawal bleed.
I am not feeling right, headaches, tiredness, nausea and stomach pulling but I guess this could be the effects from coming off the pill.

Also, has anyone experienced a BFN only to find out later that they were pregnant? I would be interested to see when the BFN appeared and at which time they found out to be pregnant.

I think I might do another test this Saturday and see a doctor next week just for peace of mind.

Susi

:lol: :lol: i had the marina coil taken out and within a month i fell pregnant with my daughter now i had negative tests untill i was 2 months pregnant and when i went for my dating scan i was right i was further gone then the docs etc said i was
i would deffo go to your docs :D

Could the Af on the 21st be withdrawl bleed rather than af?

I stopped bcp at end of June and had wihdrawl 2 days later. AF did not arrive till 7 weeks later and then next one 40 days after that. It is very common for there to be a delay in your periods returning and I am guessing your GP will say to wait 3 months and then if no AF go back - thats what mine said.

Anyway I understand how frustrating it is not knowing whats happening so I bought some OPK's from ebay (fertilityplan) and at least that way I can see if my hormone levels are changing and I know something is happening!

PS. after stopping BCP I was symptom central! and had all the pg ones including cramps, nausea, headaches, etc etc which is also very common when stopping bcp.

Hope that helps.

Anna23 said:
Wanting1 said:

Susi

:lol: :lol: i had the marina coil taken out and within a month i fell pregnant with my daughter now i had negative tests untill i was 2 months pregnant and when i went for my dating scan i was right i was further gone then the docs etc said i was
i would deffo go to your docs :D

Wow, you must have been very pleased. What was the reason for your tests not showing a positive? Were the levels too low? Some of my friends have missed only two pills by accident and fell pregnant straight away so some people seem to be more fertile.

Charlie5 said:
Could the Af on the 21st be withdrawl bleed rather than af?

I stopped bcp at end of June and had wihdrawl 2 days later. AF did not arrive till 7 weeks later and then next one 40 days after that. It is very common for there to be a delay in your periods returning and I am guessing your GP will say to wait 3 months and then if no AF go back - thats what mine said.

Anyway I understand how frustrating it is not knowing whats happening so I bought some OPK's from ebay (fertilityplan) and at least that way I can see if my hormone levels are changing and I know something is happening!

PS. after stopping BCP I was symptom central! and had all the pg ones including cramps, nausea, headaches, etc etc which is also very common when stopping bcp.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks, yes I think the AF on 21st was withdrawal, it has been more than 6 weeks since and nothing... I swear my taste has changed recently, not exactly a metallic taste like everyone says but just strange, cannot get though the day without chewing gum. But maybe this is also normal after stopping BCP?
It's good to hear that you had a similar experience.
I will definitely see my GP next week.
Susi

Dear all,
I thought I would give you a quick update.
I have not done another test but still have not got my af. (still not, as described above withrawal bleed after stopping to take the pill was 21st August, which by next Tuesday is two months ago).
I saw my GP and he said it would be normal to have no af as long as I am feeling ok and that I should not worry. He also confirmed that you still produce an egg apperently and that in fact women are more fertile in the first two months after coming off the pill. We have continued TTC but I refrained from doing other tests.
Not sure whether I am imagining things but I seem to be very tired, feeling sick when smelling certain food e.g. tuna and slight cramping as if af is due. All this could be due to work stress though so I am not sure. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait...
Susi

Still no AF (I came off pill at the end of August) and I am getting slighly worried now.
Any advice?
Susi

lmrcpr said:
did your dr say when to go back?

No not exactly, he said not to get worried, unless I still do not have AF after 6 months. He said I could come back anytime if I am worried, he was fairly young and he did not speak from experience but only theoretical from university...

last year my sister was on and off the pill for a while (not sure excatly when she came off completely) but she ended up going three months without an af and doing tests all the time, all saying bfn when she finally went to the dr's he told her she was 3 months pregnant, just thought you would want to know that this may have happened to you, did the dr do a test on you? if not maybe you should get one done, i dont know if their tests are more sensitive then the hpt's :think:

good luck with it either way :)

lirael17 said:
last year my sister was on and off the pill for a while (not sure excatly when she came off completely) but she ended up going three months without an af and doing tests all the time, all saying bfn when she finally went to the dr's he told her she was 3 months pregnant, just thought you would want to know that this may have happened to you, did the dr do a test on you? if not maybe you should get one done, i dont know if their tests are more sensitive then the hpt's :think:

good luck with it either way :)

It's nice to hear that it can happen. My doctor did not do a test and I have not done one recently either. Feel that I am getting too obsessed with it and plan to relax about it. However, cannot help worrying about the fact that I still had no AF after 11 weeks, soon it will be 3 months and I would have never thought that it might take this long...

After all the worrying yesterday, AF got me today! I have never been happier. I was starting to think that something was wrong with me. Zuzi

Congratulations on the arrival of af!!! :D :cheer: make the most of it it'll probably be the only time u'll be pleased to see her!!! :lol:
i came off the pill in June and after my withdrawal bleed i went 102 days until my next af so i know what u were going through. I guess you just have to give your body time to adjust! as every doctor will always tell u :wall:
Hopefully you will now become more regular- my next cyle i ovulated on day 28 (used opks and temps to detect it) and am now on day 12 of my first 2 week wait (although my temp dropped today so af is round the corner!) but i am just pleased to get this far and hopefully next month i'll ovulate a little sooner!
Hopefully it'll happen quick for you but if not everyone here will support u!!
xxx

puds said:
Congratulations on the arrival of af!!! :D :cheer: make the most of it it'll probably be the only time u'll be pleased to see her!!! :lol:
i came off the pill in June and after my withdrawal bleed i went 102 days until my next af so i know what u were going through. I guess you just have to give your body time to adjust! as every doctor will always tell u :wall:
Hopefully you will now become more regular- my next cyle i ovulated on day 28 (used opks and temps to detect it) and am now on day 12 of my first 2 week wait (although my temp dropped today so af is round the corner!) but i am just pleased to get this far and hopefully next month i'll ovulate a little sooner!
Hopefully it'll happen quick for you but if not everyone here will support u!!
xxx

Thank you very much! Yes, I was very pleased, finally after 80 days of waiting. May I ask which opks you use? I guess I won't know the length until next AF but I'll probably still try anyway. Thanks! Zuzi

Hello,
Just thought I would contribute, dont normally come in this section but it took me 9 months before I got my period after stopping the pill so dont worry its completely normal :D

First Baby White said:
Hello,
Just thought I would contribute, dont normally come in this section but it took me 9 months before I got my period after stopping the pill so dont worry its completely normal :D

Hi, thanks for your message, how long did it take you to get pregnant after your first AF? It's all very exciting! Zuzi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back