OT - Rewire depressing me!!!

Lou12

Reaction score
Off topic I know - but the electricians have been here for about 15 minutes and I feel like crying already!!!

There's only 2 of them, and they're nice enough - but the noise and the mess is just completely getting me down. It's not too bad, they're only here Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so I'll have tomorrow and Friday free - but I just want to relax, or go for a walk, or have a quiet cuppa while watching a bit of TV or whatever...

It's baby hormones making me want to whinge, I know it is - but knowing it doesn't help!!!

Sorry for the moan - but I'll be honest, I'm just after a little sympathy lol xxx

Me and the cat moved out when we had works done on our flat :shock:

Granted I wasn't preggers though!

We had a complete rewire and new central heating put in so we went to my Mum's for a week :eh:

Not long to go now hun and then you'll have your house back!

xxxxxxxxx

Our whole house is a mess at the moment. We have been renovating it for the past 2 years. We had a re-wire and a re-pipe. We are currently having a new ceiling in the kitchen. Its a nightmare so I feel your pain, it wont last forever though. x

The 2 days before I got my BFP (although I just 'knew' I was pregnant somehow) we had a joiner in putting down our wooden floor. The first day he was here wasn't so bad cuz hubby was home, but the next day I was left on my own with him, and he was really strange, something odd/not quite right about him! I ended up having to get the concierge to pop up every now and then to make sure I was ok.
This guy ended up harassing me for weeks after he'd finished the work in our home, it got so bad that we had to get the police involved!!

Moral of the story is, just be thankful that the men doing the work are nice, and just think, today is the last day of the work, and u can chillax tomorrow :) xox

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Lou12, I feel your pain. we have been renovating our house for what feels like forever, and the rewire was definitely the worst part of the whole project. Seeing gaping holes in your walls, and the dust that just gets e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. We weren't living in the property at the time, but every time I visited I just wanted to cry - and I didn't even have the pregnancy hormones to blame!

All I can say is that it will get better and (as annoyingly patronising as it sounds) it will all be worth it in the end.

Do you have to be in the house? Are there any spas / nice hotels that you could go to and just sit and have some relaxing time in one of those?

:hugs:

Having workman in your home is a nightmare particularly if you just want to slob about or get on with what you usually do.

I suppose at least your electrics will be safe in time for LO's arrival.
xxx

Ooh sounds tough, but as firstbabyeek said, at least it will be done and safe for bubs. Not long to go hun, just get through today xx

Thanks everyone - you do know how to make a girl feel better!!!

I may ask my dad to pop 'round this afternoon and I'll go for a walk (assuming it doesn't rain!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back