Ladies with dogs!!

every dog we have had has been a 'mutt' and id never have anything else :)
friends and family all have 'pure breed' dogs and i just dont find them the same, plus most of them seem to have a lot of problems :(

just bear in mind when you do get a puppy you will need the time to train it properly, so dont do it too soon :)

we have had our dog tilly for a couple of years now, and to be honest shes been the easiest dog to train, it literally took her a couple of weeks to learn that the toilet is outside etc :) but we could so easily have got a dog that took months to train (im pretty sure i wouldnt have taken that very well with a new baby as well lol )

I have an 8 year old labrador who is great with my young nieces and nephews, they are very good with her too - they pull, pat and stroke her - she loves it, but when she has had enough she takes herself off behind a chair or somewhere, kids have been taught to respect this and leave her. I can't ever imagine her biting - but would never take risks with babies or children.

Omg, ella poked my dog Kali in the eye this am! She's just learnt to push buttons and must have thought her eye was a button! I was right there and told ella no and explained it would hurt kali (not sure she's old enough to understand!) Luckily Kali just licked her! Will have to be extra careful now! X

dont get an english springer unless your family is energetic my ESS is nuts lol he is fab with the kids especially my ds 3 he isnt to keen on my son who is disabled but i think its because the dog cant read him heck we cant read him let alone the dog and he can be unpredictable so the dog tends to avoid him unless he has a treat of course
now we have Rhian its harder with the dog hair being everywhere not to mention puddles of water that comes pouring out of his mouth when he drinks water(you'd think he had holes in his mouth lol)but he is a member of my family

commen sense is needed with any dog and child even the best trained dogs can suddenly snap for no reason as for certain breeds better than other it all depends on how they are brought up this includes whilst at the breeders as this is where the shaping of your dog begins

20091013_63.jpg

loves cooling off in the river
kobi1.jpg

as a sweet lil pup
20091013_49.jpg

showing his tongue off

he is alot hairier now he is no longer a pup he mault loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads

Every dog can be gentle with kids hun, the only thing you have to be wary about is if the child aggravates the dog.

In the news recently there was a labrador that mauled a 3 year old. No doubt that 3 year old pulled the dogs ears or tail.
My little sister used to do it to our labrador when she was little, She would pull his tail so hard!

We still have our labrador and he is very gentle with children.
Me and my OH also have a border collie and a rottweiler, both are brilliant with children as well.
The only thing I can fault is that the border collie is very randy and the most excited dog I have ever met. He tends to follow the children around a bit too much and he does unfortunately try to hump them..

I've only ever had male dogs and yes they are very randy.
The rottweiler humps me, my labrador has humped my friends and he humps his blanket every night. And like I said about the border collie.. he humps everything that moves.. including the rottweiler :roll:

To stop the randyness you'd have to get the dogs jewels removed :p

xxx

Lol! This was why I got a female dog and got her done early! Couldn't be doing with all that humping lol!

Buddy was never that bad for humping but he was done to try and calm him down.
It worked although he still gets excited when seeing adults come to visit but is so calm around LO's!

MIL wanted to get the border collie done but her husband said it's cruel because they're his balls and they're what make him a male...

Its the other way round here! Brandy )the girl) trys humping Tyson all the time! Brandys been done but Tyson hasnt, the vet told us cos it was this way round its a dominance thing rather than a sexual thing,

Even before we got Brandy done Tyson never got the "right end" was always trying to hump her head:roll: Brandy was only done this yr we've had them both for nealry 3 yrs together n no puppies! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back