Oscar Stewart Vernalls 7.3.14 00.51 7lb 14

Mummybexee

Reaction score
Hi!! Here's the shortened version on my birth storey but has the key stuff in :)

Waters went 5.20am- woke up to the POP! Contractions started about 6.30/7am
Went into hosp at 2pm for routine check and was 2cm - contractions were regular at this point - 5 min apart for 1.50 min

Hubby grew up with the midwife who checked me so she offered me some gas and air and to stick around for abit if we wanted to save going to and from hospital ( and being baby number 1 )

Anyway- contractions were getting stronger and stronger but think midwife thought 'baby number 1 - over exaggerating etc and left us to it in a room in triage with some gas and air. Contractions were coming harder and stronger over next few hours lasting like 2 mins every 2 mins! And I began to feel urges - then had a massive 'show' called midwife in who examined me at 5.45 and I was fully dilated apart from a tiny bit of anterior lip! I'd fully dilated in just under 4hrs! On gas and air! Was in THE ZONE- I felt so proud I could have cried!

That's where it all went wrong- they told me to stop everything - made me wait for a chair to go to delivery- started rushing around putting me on edge, wheeled me to delivery and started saying I had abit more blood loss so had me on monitors! my contractions had stopped in the process - and what contractions I did have were irregular and not strong .. I had lost all urges to push ... After a couple of hrs they hadn't come back ... So I had to have the drip to encourage , I was also dehydrated so had a saline drip AND eventually needed the anti biotic drip as my temp had risen and waters had broken so much earlier in the day ( by this time it was like 10pm?)

So I was lay on a bed, 3 drips, ( after various attempts - some may remember my veins are terrible and always had to have bloods at hospital ) monitors , fake irregular contractions ... Tried to push baby out on what fake contractions I had but they Wernt strong enough and I was so so tired ! Had my bladder drained to make sure bladder wasn't in the way... Tiny amount of wee so obviously not! Consultant said baby would be here 12 mid night so to carry on and my body would push baby out - they told me I'd find the energy

Anyway Hubby and I by 11.30 had completely had enough - nothing had happened to suggest baby would come out by 12 and forced contractions were still so irregular - demanded consultant review and assist - I actually begged for a c section !! Because I felt like a medical experiment apparently I was saying ( I got upset and frustrated )

Anyway, babies head wasn't in best place so they decided taking everything into consideration I'd go to theatre for attempted assisted delivery with possibility of a section!

Anyway so things moved fast and he was delivered by foreceps and episiotomy on a spinal block :)

Worth it! Just disappointed that my body basically stopped because the midwifes disturbed everything moving me to delivery - we honestly believe if they had left me at triage i would have pushed baby out easily on my established and beautiful contractions !

No calming water birth for me!! Haha

Sorry for the essay but thank you to everyone on PF for the help,advice,guidence and support throughout my pregnancy! I couldn't have done it without the knowledge from this website. I also can't wait to be able to offer help and advise to new mums to be and now begin our journey through thr breast feeding and baby/toddler groups!

Also big thanks to Nicole aka AngelLily and Jo aka jojo84 for their help before and after birth - it's great to have been able to have the support from these great mummies :)

Xxx

Here's a not very good pic lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 119
Congrats lovely! He's beautiful. Definitely sounds like the stress and fear caused the contractions to stop! How frustrating! xx

Aww he's so gorgeous congratulations :D and yeh deffo sounds like they totally interrupted with nature wheeling you down to delivery.. Sounds like you coped well though considering hope your enjoying lots of cuddles :) xxx

Aw he is gorgeous, congratulations. Sorry ur labour was a bit dramatic though but as u said he was well worth it x

Congratulations, he is gorgeous and I think it's a fab photo!

Agree that the midwives interrupted you and you would have been fine without any interference so sorry you had to go through all that :(.

Aw he is just gorgeous. Well done Bex xx Sorry your birthing didn't go smoothly for you xxx

Congrats again - sorry it ended up being so long and tiresome. All worth it now though. xx

Aww huge congratulations! He's beautiful x

Aw he is gorgeous! Congratulations x x

Well done, Bex, sounds frustrating but I'm glad you are both safe and well :hug: x

Awww massive congratulations!!! He's absolutely gorgeous! Xxx

Well done hunny! Not the birth u wanted but he is beautiful and u should b so proud of how u coped with everything xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back