Matthew Jacques Finally arrived!!

michelle82

Reaction score
Well all I had my little or should I say not so little bundle of joy on Saturday. Long Story so bear with me!

Went in just after 8am for induction, as I was already 2cms they broke my waters about 9am, no major contractions by 1pm so was hooked up to a drip and was not allowed off the bed after that (something I really didnt want was hoping for a more active labour) Anyway contractions kicked in and was given a shot of pethidine which helped for a while then went on to gas and air by 8ish I was checked and was 7/8cms so was really excited thinking not long now! Yeah right not that simple at some point he rotated himself so was back to back and I was in agony then he just wouldnt budge any further so after letting me push for an hour at this point no more gas and air as contractions were coming thick and fast! The doctors were called they decided to try and rotate him manually which for anyone squemish look away now, invovled hand up my bits me pushing and them trying to turn him, three attempts later his heart rate dropped so ventouse was decided, I had to have an episiotmy and three more contractions later he was finally out at 11.16pm! The doctor nearly cut me without anethesic as they couldnt believe I got so far with no more pain relief than gas and air! so have lovely stitches and vowed never again but the memory is fading and he's soooo worth it.

So baby Matthew arrived on 21 Jan 2006 at 11.16pm weighing in at 9lbs 1oz. We got home Sunday evening after I begged to go as I couldnt sleep there and needed to be at home.

(my placenta was that big they nearly dropped the tray it was so heavy!) So now I know why my bump was so big! Oh and luckily he's not a fat 9lb baby hes so long even the up to 11lbs sleep suits are a bit short think i'll have to cut the feet out of them!

Will post pics soon

aww congrats hunny!!

hope your recovering well

xxx

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy!
Emilia xx

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a nightmare, but well done you for being so brave!

After a few odd twinges here and there I have discovered that I am not quite as brave as I thought, so well done for the gas and air!

Can't wait to see piccies! :D

CONGRATULATIONS

Hope you are healing well

Take care

Steph x

Congratulations!!!!

And well done for doing all that with just gas and air!!!!

xxx

Well done Michelle!

Congratulations on the arrival of your little one.

Lucy
38 + 1

Well Done michelle.

congratulations to you all!!! :D

Hello

Congradulatins, its aboiut time hey, sounds a bit like my labour and she was 9pounds 6 ounces and 21 inches long lol. big babies.
Katrina

Congratulations hun, and welcome to your new family member. I had a back to back delivery so sympathise about the pain, well done you for just having gas and air!!! xxx

congratulations michelle and family :D
take care xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back