Jessica May

jo jo

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just got home from hospital today. Jessica May was born on Saturday 11th Feb at 2:27am by emergency Caesarean section.

Here is my birth story. Sit comfortably!!!

Well the sweep did not work i went into hospital at 8am on Thursday last week. At 10am i had pessary inserted to start contractions and thin my cervix. By 3pm i was having contractions. At 4pm i was pt back on the monitor so they could check Jess was happy before examining me and having another pessary or breaking my waters. While on the monitor my contractions got stronger and Jessicas heart rate dropped as low as 64 BPM and took a long time to recover, the contractions were too strong for her. doctor was called in and i was put on a drip, i had an inejection to slow the contractios. They decided to leave me for the night and decide what to do next in the morning.

My contractions continued throughout the night and at 5am friday mornng were very painful. Doctor said i was 3cm at 10am and he broke my waters. At 5pm after cotracting allday i was examined and still only 3cm, my cervix was still bhing babys head and was quite long. I was put on syntocin drip to speed things up.

I had an epidural about 7pm as i was in alot of pain and may i say the gas and air is amazing i loved it. At 9pm i really started to feel the urge to push and the epidural was wearing off. I was examned at 9:30pm and was fully dilated and ready to push. I was in extreme pain and at 1:30am Saturday morning the babys heart rate started to drop when i had contractions and she was back to back. Doctor was called and i was taken to theatre, I was given a spinal block it was such a relief i was completely numb. Doctor examined me to see whee babys head was as they were going to try forceps but her head was too far up so they went ahead with the section.

Jesica still did not want to come out and after they had cut me they could not get her out she was stuck, i was moving rom side to side on the table as they tried to pul her out. I really thought i had lost her but then out she came at 2:27am.

What a relief, she is beautful and i love her more than anything.....

congrats jo jo!! and well done :D
take care xx

Congratulations on your baby girl!!! You've chosen a lovely name.
Well done - you had quite an ordeal... :shock:
Enjoy all the wonderful milestones now.
Emilia xx

Congratulations Jo

Sounds like you had a long journey to meet your little one, I can relate to the relief you felt when they finally got her out safely.

hope you're recovering well - we ended up giving birth on the same day!

Lucy
Olivia 3 days old

looks like we had near enough the same problems too Lucy. These naughty back to back babys. it was all worth it though

awww congratulations sounds like u had a rough time but at least she is here now :D she was only half an oz of B birth weight lol

WoW What an amazing story!! COngratulations and welcome to the world Jessica!! So how long total was your labor?? and how long from start to finish was the c-section?? Glad to hear all is well now and it sounds like you did a wonderful job. Make sure you rest up!!!

xoxo Ree

Well done and congratulations!!
its been a week or so of rough times for some of us newbies hey?
but shes here and safe, so congrats again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back