Opinions please i am unsure

kalia101

Reaction score
Hi

Me and my partner have a few name choices, he is determined on a name which i am unsure about, i like it but i dont know if i would use it to name my baby..

I am not pregant yet but we are planning on trying soon...

the name choices are:

Girl:

Syla (This is the name my partner is determined on and i am unsure)
Oakleigh

Boy:

Lock - Loch (unsure on the spelling this is another name my partner likes)

Opinions please :)

I love Skylar-mae or Skyla but Syla is a nice name, I love Loch for a boy but my little girl is called Ezziemai which is unique and I love it, really suits her. =) Oakleigh is lovely too xXx

If I'm honest, I don't really like those. But I like traditional names so dont mind me, I'll get my coat lol xx

Hmm.

I think Syla is actually the best of the bunch, i really don't rate Oakleigh and Loch at all :eh:

Are you trying to find names that are unique? Is that the problem that you're having?

Loch kind of makes me think of Jack.

Oakleigh makes me think of Kayleigh.

Have you considered those names? :)

I agree with louise, Syla is the best of the bunch im really not sure about oakleigh or Loch, oakleigh reminds me of when I go to the optitions and I allways see a sign advertising oakleigh glasses, and Loch makes me think of loch ness monster. Its hard finding a nice name that is unique thses days though we have changed our mind so many times on what we want and im back to not benn so sure again now x

Hi

Thanks for your opinions, They are my partners choice of names Sylar for a girl & Locke for boy. Sylar grows on me the more i say it I think it will be nice with a more girly middle name i like Sylar Rose my partner thinks the rose is to old fashioned, i wouldnt have rose as a first name.
I agree locke does make me think of loch ness monster to and i worry if i was to have a boy they would get bullied at school because of it.

xxx

Locke reminds me of the man off Lost :D It's a lovely name. I don't think about the Loch Ness Monster at all when I hear that name :p

Syla Rose is a lovely name too, and I also like Oakleigh xxx

I love Oakley for a girl and if I have another, this will be her name!

Hmmm... I'm a bit of atraditionalist too so none of them are ringing my bell - but it's not going to be my baby, so don't worry about what I think :)
Oakleigh makes me think of the Oakley sunglasses
Syla...sounds like silo to me (hubby and I are farmers and a silo is what we keep grain in :))
Loch / Lock to me is either a rugby position or a scottish lake.

Sorry, I haven't been helpful at all :(

Isnt Syla the serial killer from Heros?

Lochlan is I think the name you mean, Loch being a NN?

Isnt Syla the serial killer from Heros?

I was thinking that! I'd be worried the baby would open my head with its finger and take my super power!!

Sorry, not keen on that one x

Hey there,

Rather than Lock/Locke how about Lachlan (pronounced Locklin/Locklan). Lachlan is a popular boys' name out here in Australia - they always get Lockie for short. There's a kids' book called Lockie Leonard by Tim Winton you may have heard of.
xxx

I love Lock because it reminds me of Loki who was a shape shifting Norse god. But Oakleigh and Syla Im not keen on, sorry hun :(

i love oakleigh. quite like loch but not sooo much, xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back