MIL picking at our name choices ....

Imi-Maddie's-Mum

Reaction score
Hello ....

Myself and OH been looking at our names and have decided on our girls name without a problem .. Madeleine Ruby Grace ... his mother just .... snorted !

For a boy Luca Ethan or Ethan Joshua again all i got is a snort followed by a burst of laughter!!!

Really finding it hard to keep stum as im living with the IL at the mo while my partner still away, but i don't know how much more i can take!!!!

Are our name choices that bad??? Opinions on this would be great as im on the verge of strangling some one ... (No names Mentioned)

Thanks ....

Love Imi + Bean
xxx

I like Madeline, I'd nick it, but it wouldn't go well with partner's surname. Not so sure about the boys names.

Hiya Imi,

Just strangle her, i'll be your alibi!!!! :lol: I love the name Madeline and if we were having a girl thatwould have been in the top three of names. Also like Ethan, would like to call our boy that but doesn't go too well with our surname & DH's ex (from years ago mind) has a son called Ethan so DH didn't want to reminded of her!!
Too be honest i'm not that keen on Luca (like Luke tho.) but its up to you so don't pay MIL any attention, its got sod all to do with her!

If MIL snorts again ask her if she has a cold, she may get the hint!

Nicki.x :D

Hi Imi,
We were thinking about Madeline or Grace. I wouldnt tell them anything. Ask her if she need to blow her nose the next time she snorts!

Laura.

IT HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH HER
this is urs n ur OH baby so it is ur choice pick a name u like stuff every1 else

I love both names and like Sarah said it is your choice!!
i know what you mean thou, its hard when you have your heart set on one name you love and people turn their noses up at it!! I wanted Jayden for my little boy but my Parents didnt like it, and other ppl stuck their noses up so we gave up and went for Jamie!

Steph x

SHE IS DRIVING ME BLOODY INSAINE!!!!

She actually sat me down and gave me a list of the worlds worst names i have ever heard in my whole entire life!!!
Example: Zebadee :shock: ... sorry if i've caused offence not my cup of tea.

When i said i would "Discuss" it with my OH (As Bloody IF!) she looked and me and gave me one of those ... "Well i am his mother and i know best" looks. :x :evil: :x :evil:

That was followed by a "well i shall be having a word next time he calls"

Am i being totally unreasonable??? Who the ruddy hell is having the baby here??!!!

Sorry 4 venting....

Imogen+"The child im not allowed to name"
xxx

awww babes explain to her how r u feeling trust me i know wot they r like least urs aint asking u to have an abortion at 22 weeks - then decided my baby should have her surname ha ha good laugh

Oh Imi, that did make me chortle! So whats wrong with Zebedee?? Is your child not going to be the star of 'The Magic Roundabout' Part 2????? Just think, if you have more kiddies you could call them Florence, Dougal and Ermintrude! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What does your OH say about it?
I think Sarah's right, you should try telling her how you're feeling, it'll be hard if she's a battleaxe, but in the long run it'll probably be better. Just say that you think you and her have completely different tastes in names but at the end of the day he/she will be named by you & your OH and no one else, as you're the parents (maybe she needs reminding of that, the silly old bint!).

Let us know what happens next!

Nicki.x :D

P.S
Imogen+"The child im not allowed to name"
That's still making me laugh!!

Sounds like a MIL I know :roll: I can sympathise I live with my in-laws till I was 4.5 months pregnant - oh what a joy :roll:
When I first mentioned the name Damien to them, they pulled the 666jokes right out the hat, but sod them, you are the ones who choose what goes on the birth cirtificate at the registar's office, so tell her to put a pie in her mouth and shuttit. (If it's that easy :wink: )

There is a line and she has crossed it. Firmly you have to tell her that important decisions like that will be made by the two of you and failing that tell her to get to f**k and come and stay with me! :D

We had this with our name choices and still do to a certain extent but just remember its your baby and the names you have chosen are beautiful.When baby is here we found that our critics couldn't care less about the name as long as they could cuddle baby so hopefully your mil is the same. Just practice that smile as it will come in useful when no doubt she (and others) will be passing on those little gems of advice telling you how to care for your baby x

Well ....

Not only can i not name my own child apparently im now not good enough for her son... Or my baby come to that ...

Last night she told me to "prepare"myself as apparently my OH gets itchy feet every 2 years or so and has to move on ...

This i can understand as he is in the army and he has always hated staying in the same place for more than 2 years ... but to say he is going to get bored and leave me and our child??? is this woman derranged???

My patner would never do this and im starting to get really depressed ...
She saw another list of names myself and OH have discussed over the phone and again snorted.... (Did the whole have you got a cold thing) She was not impressed with my sarcasm...

Then about 10mins later proceed to say ... poor child well if i don't like the name i'll just call it something different ... i was FUMMING :evil:

I mean for godsake am i just totally reacting over this?? or have i a right to be getting rather pis**d off???

To be honest i don't know whats worse .... Insulting me or the insinuating...

Take care guys ...

The unfit mother + The child with 2 names
xxx

i personally think u r doing well so far by not going totally ape - and to say your OH will leave u she obviously does not think much of him - being in the army i guess u do move around alot - but if u r willing for that to happen wot is the problem???

wot names do u like? cant be as bad as some of the names i had on my many lists lol

love sarah and braydon

I cannot believe this!!!!!

I thought my In-laws were bad!

You should sit HER down and tell her you will name your child whatever you like! Your names are lovely.
As for the itchy feet thing say "Well I bet you won't like not ever seeing your grandchild when he does that will you?"

Have you spoken to your OH about this? Can you not move somewhere else for a while? What a nightmare I would go bloody ballistic!

When I told my nan we like the name Brody she said it sounded too much like "embroidery" ?!?!? Well you can see that didn't change my mind!

Hiya girls ...

Well by friday night i'd had enough of her, she upset me to the point where i was nearly sick ... i packed my bag and took off for the weekend ... (Thank god for granny!!!!)

I've de-stressed (But know it won't last long, have only been in the house 10mins and can feel the strain ...) And i feel a lot more relaxed (Or at least i did)

Had a long chat with my gran and dad, he's said not to bring her to my b'day meal next month or we will all fall out ... dad not happy with the situation and neither is my gran.

Discussed my name choices and my family LOVED them!!!!

On the verge of telling my MIL bo**ox and get stuffed!!! (Need to keep the peace tho, only cause trouble between me and OH)

Im sticking to my guns tho ... or am i just causing myself more problems?? im so confused i just don't know!!!!

Well up-date you son as S**t gonna hit the fan i just know it ....

Take care ....

Imi+"The child im not allowed to name"
xxx

wel if i was u id tel er to bo**ox aswel its ur baby so its ur choice what u cal him/her
stik wiv ya guns n do what u wnt wiv ur baby n gd luk
Stacie & Tyreece

its your baby - if she don't like it then tough! my mum hated ewan or robyn as a name - but we didnt tell her till 2weeks before i was due!
no she love Ewan and the name.
Can't sugest what to do with MIL - can't you move out and live with some one else - the stress won't be doing your BP any good!

And to say that he might leave you well thats bang out of order - sound to me like she feels threatened by you and is going to 'lose' her little boy?!

stick to your guns girl - and i would tell your OH what she has been saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back