On the Road to My IVF Journey

Good luck Char. One of the reasons I still hang around this forum to see how you're getting on, I really want to see you get pregnant. I'm sorry you have to have IVF - fingers crossed it works first go. You're a really nice person and you deserve nothing but happiness. The fact that you hold your head up high and remain positive even when you get bad news really does show how good of a mother you'll be when your little miracle is born. xx

Good luck Char. One of the reasons I still hang around this forum to see how you're getting on, I really want to see you get pregnant. I'm sorry you have to have IVF - fingers crossed it works first go. You're a really nice person and you deserve nothing but happiness. The fact that you hold your head up high and remain positive even when you get bad news really does show how good of a mother you'll be when your little miracle is born. xx
@WinterWolf - That is so kind of you. Your words mean so much to me, thank you so much <3
I hope you and Winter are keeping well. xxx

The OH has booked for us to go to a luxury spa hotel on the 4th Nov for a night, i am so excited. It looks absolutely gorgeous, our plan is to just take full advantage of the spa, maybe do a little work out in the gym, eat a good meal in the restaurant and spend the rest of the evening in the room, chilling out and watching netflix.
Miraculously he booked it for at the time i should be ovulating so i know he's game hahahaha!! xx

The OH has booked for us to go to a luxury spa hotel on the 4th Nov for a night, i am so excited. It looks absolutely gorgeous, our plan is to just take full advantage of the spa, maybe do a little work out in the gym, eat a good meal in the restaurant and spend the rest of the evening in the room, chilling out and watching netflix.
Miraculously he booked it for at the time i should be ovulating so i know he's game hahahaha!! xx
Char I love this! And we all just know you'll be getting very busy :bum::rofl:

Same. There are a few of you I've followed for a while and I hope to see you all get your happy ending.

@chattychar1990 i can second this as well <3 that baby is just waiting for the perfect time <3

Well done to your OH for booking the spa, and even more so at ov time! Will be a lovely break for you both. X

well done to your hubby, and probably with a positive outcome soon :)

Wishing you all the luck. I'm here if you ever need me! Having been through 2 ivf transfers and a MC I know how it feels x z

Wishing you all the luck. I'm here if you ever need me! Having been through 2 ivf transfers and a MC I know how it feels x z
Thank you so much Alexis. I will probably be messaging you when it actually gets to the point of ivf. Xx

CD1
Cycle 18

Actually feeling okay that AF has arrived, it means I’m one step closer to the ivf journey beginning.
Was told I need to get some more bloods done between CD2 & 5 so I will go and get them done on Monday morning. OH needs to get some done too and he’s petrified of needles so will be entertaining to say the least :rotfl:
Had headache all day today and a bit achy in the stomach, worked home from and literally laid on the sofa all day.
Me and OH are having a cheat night tonight and going to Bluewater Shopping Centre for a little mooch about, something tasty for dinner and they have a stall where they sell Dutch pancakes covered in chocolate which is my favourite thing EVER. :pompom:

I found the Injections okay, I had to take a high dose as my amh is low. I had to take 6 a day for 3 days then 2 a day for 12 days. I found the hardest part being the few days post egg retrieval as I was quite sore and bloated. The next worse thing were the progesterone pessaries, just messy and the inconvenience of them drove me mad at times.

The embryo transfer is a doddle and the tww is long but that's my summary if it all.

Emotionally its a roller-coaster but once you start it goes very fast. I had pinned all my hope on my 1st transfer and ha ing it work them to loose it was possibly the worst outcome I could have imagined so 2nd transfer when I used two I was more prepared but got myself in a more positive frame of mind.

As my amh is low I was told I might not get any embryos to use so making 3 top grade blastos surprised me.II would say that anything is possible in this game and don't ever assume it's not.

Feels weird to celebrate AF arriving for you @chattychar1990 but at least you can get on the road with your IVF. I hate needles too and I’m terrified of them. At least your OH doesn’t have to be the one to inject throughout like you will! X

CD 5

AF is slowing down massively, only lighting bleeding now. Am going to start with the OPK's as soon as i finish AF.

Went for my bloods yesterday to kick start the IVF process. God it was a bloody nightmare. Couldn't get blood from me, surprise surprise. Ended up getting it from my hand, which now i have a lovely blue bruise to show. The nurse tried to tell me to come back another day, said it wasn't possible as it needed to be taken between CD2-5 so i wasn't leaving until she got blood from somewhere.
I got some dirty looks as i left as the waiting room was full and only one nurse taking the blood. Sorry huns. NOT!!

OH is going to go and get hes done next Monday before we head off for our spa overnight stay - which probably is going to be when i am ovulating now because i had a longer cycle. But i told him it doesn't matter because it's good to get the swimmers up there beforehand so that is what we will do :) xx

Hey @chattychar1990

I'm glad you're getting some answers and are now in the system and have a care plan. My advice is don't buy any books about a couple's experience of IVF. I made that mistake and it made me worry about things that in the end we never experienced. Once you get started on the drugs it's okay because you have something to do every day and it becomes a process. And none of the procedures hurt so don't worry about that. You've got a strong relationship and a positive mindset and that is a hugely important thing so you'll be fine.

Big hug x

Hey @chattychar1990

I'm glad you're getting some answers and are now in the system and have a care plan. My advice is don't buy any books about a couple's experience of IVF. I made that mistake and it made me worry about things that in the end we never experienced. Once you get started on the drugs it's okay because you have something to do every day and it becomes a process. And none of the procedures hurt so don't worry about that. You've got a strong relationship and a positive mindset and that is a hugely important thing so you'll be fine.

Big hug x
Hey @Bambi42
Thank you for your message hun.
I actually have already read the book i think you are talking about lol. It isn't 'His & Hers Survial Guide to IVF' by any chance is it? I did feel very overwhelmed when i read it and was thinking about it alot but everyone has a different experience so i can't go by a book of 1 couple.
I hope you are well <3 xxx

Hey @Bambi42
Thank you for your message hun.
I actually have already read the book i think you are talking about lol. It isn't 'His & Hers Survial Guide to IVF' by any chance is it? I did feel very overwhelmed when i read it and was thinking about it alot but everyone has a different experience so i can't go by a book of 1 couple.
I hope you are well <3 xxx

yes! I worried myself silly about the male part when he can’t give the sample. And it wasn’t a problem at all. Having been through ivf I now think that book is a load of poo!
X

yes! I worried myself silly about the male part when he can’t give the sample. And it wasn’t a problem at all. Having been through ivf I now think that book is a load of poo!
X
Omg yes that part actually scared the life out of me. I was sat on the training hating my OH at the thought of him not being able to do it LOL!! xx

Omg yes that part actually scared the life out of me. I was sat on the training hating my OH at the thought of him not being able to do it LOL!! xx

I made the mistake of telling my OH I was worried about that, which did not go down well. I think I posted on here about it & people said not to worry. They were right. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back