OMG!! Read this - about Baileys!

Melanie

Reaction score
Baileys is back home!!!!

I just couldnt go without knowing that id done everything i could. I couldnt get this nagging feeling that this was wrong out of my head. So we called another vet and took all the piles of paperwork from her test results etc and got another opinion.

Yeah guess what, she doesn't have cancer. The skin lesions and growths are being caused be a really nasty skin disease which only effects dogs and is very very painful for them but very easy to treat. Its going to take longer because Baileys has been suffering with it for so long (im so mad about that) but she WILL get better from it. She has been started a more effective treatment for her muscles which will stop her back legs from going under her. The vet says she much have been a huge amount of pain with her skin and that in turn has caused her breathing to be laboured and her to be miserable and not want to walk.

All the open sores have been treated and covered, and shes on pain meds until the skin meds start to work to make her happy and comfortable. I'll be keeping her away from Thea until she seems happier though and we'll see how things go.

She has to see the vet again on Monday and i know ive been in this situation before but im really really hoping that this vet is the one who knows what they are talking about!!!!

Woooohooooo!!!!!! My baby is going to be ok and i get to take her home with us (yeah i know i might be getting ahead of myself but im happy!)

omg hun that is brill i am so happy for u
i was sat here crying earlier for poor baileys

yay glad ur gonna be all good baileys :dance: :cheer:

OMG Melanie I am so pleased for you!! I hope Baileys skin gets better really soon. :x @ vets though not diagnosing it earlied. You could of lost him, how horrible. Still at least you've got him now.

Really pleased for you hun :hug: :hug:

:cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance:
OMG I am so happy for you and Bailey of course!!!
What fantastic news :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks! Im really angry at the other vet for telling us she had cancer again. If we hadnt had her checked again then right now id be sitting crying because my dog was dead!!!!

I sat making a montage of her pics from her being a pup until now while she was with Richard at the vet because i thought it would help me to have them all in one place but now i have my doggie say beside me :)
Thought id share the montage link though so you can all see how cute she is - Baileys montage

Thats great news!!! Grrrr at the vet that misdiagnosed meaning you nearly lost him though :shakehead: and hooray for the vet who knew what they were talking about :cheer:

That's great news :) I'm sorry your previous vet got it wrong and you've had to go through all this :(

Hoping Baileys makes a full recovery :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yay I'm really pleased for you!! What great news!

Oh my gosh! How fantastic!! Im so glad you went and got a second opinion! Cant you sue the other vet or something!? That is terrible!!
Awww your montage is brill! Hes so cute!!

aww hun thats soooooo good. Im so pleased for you. Can i just ask, what tablets is she on?? Are u having to treat the skin with steroids n shampooos??? sorry jus being nosey :oops:

xxx Im SOOOOOO happy for ur family xxx

Tori, she has shampoo and a cream for her skin but she has some tablets too that i cant tell you the name of because its all in Hungarian. The cream is too but Richard says the vet said its a steroid cream. She has some antibiotics because two of the skin sores are now infected.

OMG that's fantastic news!! :cheer: :hug:

It's brilliant that you had doubts and voiced them - You got your baby back! xx

Great news :cheer: I can't believe your first Vet misdiagnosed so badly!

Oh WOW!!!

That's amazing! You must be sooooo happy!

Well done Mel for having the intuition to get a 2nd opinion! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And big :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for Baileys!!!

SUPERB!

xxx

Melanie that is fantastic, Im so chuffed, was really sad earlier for you!

Omg at that vet though, your dog couldnt have been puit down for a treatable ilness!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back