Old wives tale....Advice

I was told neat bump = boy and i had heartburn from day one I lived on gaviscon and he didn't have a hair on his head, he was as bald as daddy

oh i have no idea lol its doing my head in ya know. did you have a nice neat bump?? xx

hello ladies,

I went to my mums for tea last night, and i came home with more old wives tales running throught my mind than you can believe and just wanted some adivce on wether you think there all a load of hoo harr or if there infact true :)
I love my mum loads of course and shes been my rock so far...but wanted to check :)

First of all my mum and everyone else is adament that im havin a little girl...
because of the way i have a neat little bump. I lost a lot of weight in the first 12 weeks due to cronic 24 hour sickness...never mind morning sickness haha
and iv not managed to get my bum back yet but iv put on 10lb and im nearly 18 weeks.
So does anyone who has more than 1 child have experience with the way they carried?

Also i've been told by a few people that bad heartburn means your baby will have a full head of hair? Is this anouther old myth?

And the last one...people seem to be telling me as im craving citrus fruits, such as lemons, this means im havin a large baby :( which im already worrying about due to the size of my bump already, but my midwife does think im further gone than my dating scan showed. So i guess ill find that out on my 20 week scan in a couple of weeks. :) whooop so excited for it

Be grateful for your adivce ladies....especially on the bump one.

Thanks

xxx

Hi,

I don't really belileve in any of them to be fair... I read up on this when I found out I was expecting and there is nothing proven for morning sickness, shapes of bumps, weight gain, cravings....

With my first little girl I spread the weight all over and could not even tell I was pregnant at 16 - 18 weeks, with this pregnancy you could tell I was pregnant at 2 months as it was a neat bump all upfront and its a girl again!

I have spoken to a few friends and they have had completely different things happen with their pregnancies. The only thing the same with this one is that I crave sweet things (but then I have always liked sweet things) and there was no morning sickness with either pregnancies (but then perhaps I am just lucky!) lol.

I wouldnt believe too much in Old Wives Tales... they used to suck leaches and all sorts in those days and believed they cured you! lol.

Good luck with your pregnancy xxx

All three of my pregnancies have been totally different and all 3 are boys. I have had different shaped bumps, severe morning sickness with no. 2 to no sickness at all this time. The heart burn thing was true for the last 2 mind. No. 1 had loads of hair and i had wicked heart burn, no. 2 had only a little hair and i had no heart burn.

I honestly think its a load of piffle, all pregnancies are different no matter what the sex but it is fun trying to guess xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back