Oh my got, sorry but I need to rant

teampc

Reaction score
I have just found out that the inlaws have once again got them into trouble with money, Im sure they do it to try and push me over the edge, I am so pissed of with them its un believable. They stress me out enough as it is without adding this shit to it. Honestly you would never guess they are parents, they act like fricking out of control children

argh, well I spose I need to fill you in on everything really as at the moment I am just ranting for no apparent reason ......so here goes

a few years ago when we were just about ready to buy our first house, oh's mum came to us because the mortgage company were going to take the house from them.....we were instantly confused because oh's dad was in the army and got injured and had a large payout and they had bought their house outright, so it turned out they had taken out some dodgy mortgage/loan type of things for £50k and were paying back INTEREST ONLY of £1100 a month (dont ask, I dont know how they managed that shit of a deal but there we go) anyway they hadnt paid for a few months and were in the shit, so being the idiots we are we helped them by using some of our deposit money. Then I got our mortgage lady to go see them and sort them out, she got them onto a much better mortgage and they were fine. They paid us back all fine and dandy. (we havent had a thankyou for this help as we are apparently rich and lucky.............no I wont go down that road at the moment as I am likely to make myself scream)
Anyway we have never found out what the 50k was for or what they spent it on (there house is a shit hole, they have lived there 10 years and never done a thing to it, everything needs replacing etc, so I cant see why if they took out 50k on it they couldnt have got a few things fixed)

Then we move on a few years (they are always whinging about money) and oh's brother, mrs and 2 kids give up their council house and move in with the parents, this is apparenlty cus they are all struggling with money so this way they will split the bills of one house etc. Every time I speak to sil ot seems odd as she says no one has any money for anything, things get paid late etc etc (it doesnt help that she is the only one that actually goes out to work...again lets not go there as I will get angry)
In amongst all of this they get a new mortgage deal, down to a nice and friendly £240 a month (god Id love a mortgage like that lol) so they have seriously reduced bills etc, and it seemed things were looking up.........................until today!!!!!!!!

I have just got off the phone being told all about the latest lot of troubles which have resulted in them not paying the mortgage again. Apparently before christmas mil got a loan of 1.5k (again for nothing) but its one of those ridiculous interest ones and now she owes 3k on it. Then in Jan she took out a credit card, and maxed it in 3 weeks!!!!3 WEEKS!! Then she got bil to put money in her current account for the mortgage, but as soon as she knew it was in there she went out and spent it....who the fuck does that?????
I have no idea how much she has on the credit card, I dont even want to think about it right now. Just seems like despite us helping them getting them sorted and having a nie life they have just thrown it all away and have fuck all to show for it!

I know whats coming...they will turn up on our doorstep asking for help as we are lucky and have money (just to make this clear, we have average jobs me in an office oh is a posty, we have our own house, 2 cars....and we have these things by working fricking hard and saving for them, our mortgage is our only 'debt' so we arent lucky we are just sensible and save for things instead of taking loans etc)
well they arent getting a penny this time, we have a baby on the way and thats my prority, im not helping ungrateful people liek that again when I have my own to think about

god i am really really really pissed off, I need a big glass of baileys - which i obviously cant have lol will have to consoul myself with a bar of galaxy instead :)

and hubby is going to be out of his mind about it argh

ok and breath.......sorry for the rant ladies, but I really do feel like im going to burst

tell them to go and see shelter instead of you bailing them out they will speak to all there crediters get payment reduced but then this will make then unable to obtain credit which in this case sounds like a good thing

OMG, so they will probaby look for you to bail them out AGAIN? I thought it was supposed to be the other way round :lol:
It sounds to me like your MIL might have some sort of spending problem, if she takes out pointless loans and maxes out credit cards in no time.
If they ask, you will just have to explain that you are not able to help this time with a baby on the way.
They do sound a bit irresponsible or are just badly misinformed about their loan choices! :hug:

tell them to go and see shelter instead of you bailing them out they will speak to all there crediters get payment reduced but then this will make then unable to obtain credit which in this case sounds like a good thing

yeh they could try one of those debt consolidation companies x

that sounds like a great idea, I will attempt to suggest it to them, but they arent good at doing things or listening

do you know if its the sort of thing I could help them to start with, like initiate it kind of thing?

OMG, so they will probaby look for you to bail them out AGAIN? I thought it was supposed to be the other way round :lol:
It sounds to me like your MIL might have some sort of spending problem, if she takes out pointless loans and maxes out credit cards in no time.
If they ask, you will just have to explain that you are not able to help this time with a baby on the way.
They do sound a bit irresponsible or are just badly misinformed about their loan choices! :hug:

lets hope we dont ever need bailing out eh (god im glad my parents arent like them)

yeah I thought it sounds like she has a problem, she seems to be buying something every day by the seems of it, I think she must be having some kind of problem with spending as otherwise I cant see a reason for it.

I also wonder if she is having other problems, she has changed inteh last few years, she used to be nice but has become quite nasty (comments like you cant lose any more weight I dont want to be the only fat bitch at your wedding etc)

dont you worry I shall be making it very clear there is no bail out available this time, they are grown ups and need to learn to look after them selves

well they arent getting a penny this time, we have a baby on the way and thats my prority, im not helping ungrateful people liek that again when I have my own to think about

Good for you, they need to learn to act responsibly, otherwise they will keep on doing it over & over again (I have observed this with a good friend of mine who kept helping his sister out... eventually he said no more as he wanted to buy a house for the first time in his life and she still asked him for £500 so she could take out an IVA!).

Their attitude is definitely not fair on you or your OH

x

i think they have to be ion financial difficulty to get help like they could lose there home ect i think they have to make the move as they need to know whats coming in and whats going out

Good for you, tell them to do one! They have acted irresponsibly, it's not like something has happened out of their control to mess them up financially xx

Definitely sounds like she's got some compulsive shopping problem / addiction. If that's the case, bailing them out isn't going to do them any favours. Like cosmicgirl says, it would be different if someone happened out of their control and they needed a temporary fix.
Sounds like a serious reality check is in order... sometimes people need to hit rock bottom in order to sort themselves out.
Xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back