Off for a stretch and sweep today

mablestarr

Reaction score
Can't believe that I can be slightly excited about having someone other than my OH shoving their fingers where they shouldn't but I'm really hoping that it will avoid induction or c-section :)

Has anyone had sweeps more often that a week apart? I've read about a few on here having them a week apart but read somewhere on-line that they can be repeated every 3 days.

How come they're giving you a sweep so early? Hope it does the trick and isn't too uncomfortable! X

Hope it works for u Hun! I was told by my consultant they want to give me 3 sweeps a week from 38 weeks if that's any help?!

Good luck! X

Eeek Goodluck!!

Mines on Monday & I wil be 38 + 4, so if yours works there is hope for me too!

Keep us updated x

Hope it works hun!!

Im hoping for one on monday whrn i see consultant! Xx

How come they're giving you a sweep so early? Hope it does the trick and isn't too uncomfortable! X

Because I had a section last time and they would rather not induce as it can increase the chances of the uterus ruptering. And I think I've made it clear to them that I would rather get a section at 39 weeks rather than go weeks over and be waiting . So they would rather I didn't get a section so its a compromise.

That's good they're that proactive then. Fx for you! Xx

Good luck today! Hope it will help! xx

Well I survived it - it wasn't too bad at all, thought it would be a bit sore but it was just uncomfertable. I've had some period like pains since but i'm not convinced that anything will happen. I'm also having another one on monday then thursday. And have section booked for 10th July if nothing has happend by then. :)

Ooh hopefully it works tonigt then :)

Have you had a show or anything? X

oo fingers crossed it gets things moving for you xxx

Mablestarr we are due date buddies, I've got my sweep on Monday, good to know it wasn't painful. Hope things start happening for you soon good luck and keep us posted x

I've had a tiny bit of bleeding but nothing more. Consultant said I was around 1cm, but cervix was still quite thick and not yet thining out :-( but at least it was soft.

not that i'm a pro or anything but i think he was way too gentle, have another on monday from my midwife so we'll see how that compares. He did also say that its rare that it would work at 38 weeks. Will have to keep bouncing on my ball tonight. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back