*Odhrán born - 26/01/2010 - 1.40am*

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm actually writing this when he isn't supposed to be here! :D.. As most of you know had been having irregular contractions on and off.. Well on the 25th, evening time, I was having strong back pains.. I had just went down and got a hot water bottle and OH arrived for the night, he had literally just got his bum on the bed when I stood up to put on a dvd for us, and i felt a small gush.. I went into the loo, sat there and the dripping continued with a few more small gushes.. I got ready and we went to the hospital to be checked.. A steady flow was coming away, I got examined and was still 3cm, but without regular contractions they couldn't do anything for me so I was sent home to come back in 2 days time for induction, so off home we went.. Pains stronger throughout the night and by the next afternoon they were every 7-8 minutes.. The day went on and by evening they were taking my breath away and coming every 5-6 minutes.. The TENS machine wasn't doing much at this point so I went down to the hospital and told them I couldn't do anymore at home I needed some help, once again I was examined and was told I would be kept in.. The nurse put a canula in my hand and brought me, my OH and my sister up to the delivery suite.. This was 6.30pm, sent OH home as he hadn't had much sleep because of watching me during the night and told him to get some rest as it would be a while.. I went from 6.30 to 11.00 on my feet with the TENS, at this point the midwife asked to examine me to see if I would need a drip to help me along, I did, I also needed an antibiotic to make sure I wouldn't get group B strep as my waters had been broken for over 24 hours.. I was given gas and air at around 11.30pm, well lets just say I spent the next half hour laughing my head off at anything and everything.. Well when the contractions wernt there anyway, by the time OH came down I was away with the birds and he didn't get any sense out of me until Odhrán was born :lol: My contractions really progressed once the drip had gotten into my system.. I went from 4cm to 7cm in 2 hours.. But Odhrán had managed to turn himself back to front, so we were trying to get him turned to help the labour quicken, I lay on my side and had the hugest pain I have ever felt, I later found out this was the wee man turning around the right way.. When he done this I was begging her for an epidural, reason being I was told an average of 1cm per hour, and I couldn't have went through that pain again, my midwife went to find the anaethetist.. As soon as she left the room I got the hugest urge to push, my sister ran out and got her back, she checked me out.. Low and behold I was 10cm, and had went up 3cm in 20 minutes! So it was time to push, OH was brilliant, kept me calm and cool.. Pushing was fine, it was actually a relief to feel things moving along and reliveing a lot of the pressure I was feeling, the midwife had asked me to start panting, which I did.. and with one more push after this Odhrán was here @ 1.40am, weighing 7 lb 15 oz, it was the most emotional moment of my life, OH choked up with tears in his eyes and my sister crying with me.. I would do it all again tomorrow, I had no tear, no stitches, nothing, I was able to wipe and go the loo immediatly afterward too which my sister couldn't believe.. I have been so so lucky and am now the happiest girl in the world :) Can't believe my wee man is finally here, safe and sound! I am a bit teary but I think it's only natural with the hormones and everything calming down.. Everytime I think of my bump I get a bit choked up, I miss the feeling of baby being in there but then I look at the wee one and it takes it right away...xxxxx

Congratulations! :yay: What a wonderful birth story - it made me cry remembering those feelings! So happy for you :hug:

yay! :yay: congrats hun!!!!! pics !!!!!! hehehe x x x x

wow that made me cry :cry: how lovely
like you with my 2nd had no stitches or tear :dance:so it was so much more comfortable than first time round!!
what a lovely name and lovely weight you must be over the moon, if only you could bottle that feeling when you first see them :cloud9:
enjoy every min not febmum :lol: xxxx

omg congrats!!! ur story is amazing!!! im kinda excited bout seeing my wee man/woman now!!!!!! :D but i want it now!!!! so febmum were just waiting on pix when u get a spare chance!!!! :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

awwwweee!! my eyes are watering!! it sounds so amazing. i'm scared but excited. is it your first? you need to change your name to janmum2be! lol. awww reading this has made me extra excited for baby boy to come :D:D:D:D:D and.. WELL DONE!!! you sound like you were really calm and prepared and went to hospital right amount of times. hope i deal with it as well as you! any suggestions? love love, so happy for you... CONGRATS!!! xxxxx

huge congrats hun, that is a lovely birth story. I LOVE your LOs name too :)

ahhh congratualtions! This is sucha beautiful birth story it made me cry! Very well done and I hope you are enjoying your LO and getting some sleep too xxx

What a lovely birth story. Huge congtarulations and i can't wait to see pics of your little prince xx

HUGE congrats honey!! :hug:

How do you pronounce his name? :)

A fab birth story, i'm so glad he arrived safely. No stitches or anything sounds great, i bet your glad to be home with him! Looking forward to seeing a picture when you get the time. Hope your managing to get a bit of rest x

huge congratulations to you and your OH!!! Sounds fantastic...xx

Sorry, just grabbing a few minutes, havnt had the time to get the photos up, promise them soon!

And his name is pronounced like Oran, OH wanted the irish spelling xxx

I thought it might be. I used to knock about with a lad called Oran. It's a brilliant name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back