my baby boy born 30/01/07....

claire893

Reaction score
sorry my birth story is SO late, kept meaning to come on here and write it everyday, but you know how it is! Anyway...........

I was planning on a home birth, but it didnt quite go to plan......

I woke up monday morning (29th jan) and started getting contractions, these went on through out the day,but never got regular. I rang the labour ward in the afternoon so they knew i was in labour (because i was having a home birth). This went on all through that night! By 2:30 in the morning (30th jan) the contractions were more regular and i had a bloody show, so i rang the midwife who came out. I said that i was feeling fine, and i hadnt even put my tens machine on, but she said she would examine me anyway to see how i was doing.Turns out i was 6cm dilated!
Anyway, she put my tens on and left for an hour. It was just a case of waiting for my waters to break, they didnt want to break them for me because i was having a homebirth, and to let nature take its course.
At 1:00 in the afternoon my waters EVENTUALLY broke!!
At 2:00 i started pushing, however..............at 4:00 i was still pushing! i was absolutely shattered by this point, id tried gas and air, but didnt like it. The midwifes had seen his head a couple of times, but i just couldnt get him out.By 5:00 they decided that i had to go to hospital as they had let me push for 3 hours, and that was enough.
When i got to the hospital they took me straight to theater, and said they would use forceps to get him out, so they gave me a spinal block, which was absolute bliss!
On the 4th attempt they said "this is the last go, if he dosent come out we will have to do a c-section" i was so gutted! thankfully though they managed to get him out.He was born at 6:43pm we named him Logan, and he weighed 7lb 11oz. I was over the moon, and very relieved!

I found out the next day that apparently his shoulders were stuck and there was no way id have been able to push him out!
They also said that if i was giving birth in the hospital then i wouldve had a c-section hours before because they wouldve only let me push for 2 hours at the most, and his head wouldve still been to far up for forceps.

So i didnt get my homebirth, but i wouldve had a section if i was in hospital, so i wouldnt change a thing. I was in labour i very long time, but it was so worth it.

I would recomend a homebirth to anyone, its amazing how you cope with the pain, and knowing you can only have gas and air makes you just keep going. Being at home makes you feel more relaxed, which made me cope better. It also shows that even when there are complications, you can still get to the hospital, and everything works out fine.

im sorry if anyones fallen asleep after my long story, and congratulations to those who have read this far :lol:

As soon as i figure it out i will add pics!

Congrats to all new mummys :hug:
x x x

Congratulations, cant wait to see the pictures

Congratulations hun welcome baby Logan :cheer:

CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE! :cheer:
Parts of your story sound quite similar to mine! I didn't feel much pain until I was about 5-6 cm either! I was already at the hospital and had to have a c-section in the end though! I know what you mean about the spinal block I could've kissed everyone in that room at that point!
Can't wait to see the pictures! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back