Eva Hiraniiah 07/12/2010 With Photos!

bethanyann

Reaction score
Sorry it's taken me so long to do my birth story, I've not been able to put Eva down long enough to get on here until now!!

Well, as most of you know, I had absolutely no signs of labour at all in the lead up to Eva's birth. I was convinced I would have to be induced as I'd lost no plug, not had a bloody show, not had any braxton hicks - nothing!! I was due on Saturday 4th December, and the day came and went with no sign at all of going into labour. On Sunday morning, I woke up and my pants were soaked and had loads of dark blood in them. It was my niece's christening that day, so I said to Ben (husband) that we would go to the christening and if I had any more signs when we got home, I would call the labour and delivery ward.

We got home that afternoon and I'd not had any more signs at all, so I put it down to "one of those things" and carried on with my day. Me and Ben went for a long old walk and then I sat down with him and just relaxed for the day. My Dad phoned me at 7pm and I started crying to him saying I was never going to have this baby!!! About an hour later, I started getting contractions!! They started about 10 minutes apart and gradually got closer and closer together, I was up all night as it was far too painful to sleep, they ended up at about 4-5 minutes apart by 6am. Hubby was well chuffed that I had chosen to go into labour at night because it ment he could sit up and watch the cricket!

At about 8am, contractions slowed down absoultely loads and through out the day they only came every 30 - 45 minutes. I figured that it had all just been a false alarm and just did some cleaning and present wrapping through the day. In hindsight, I wish I had slept because at about 4pm, contractions came back and they were much stronger than before. I had a hot bath and they started coming every 4 minutes or so. I then went and watched the football downstairs with hubby and used the match clock to time the contractions - through out the match they were a steady 4 minutes apart. I went to bed at 10pm and tried to get some rest, but they kept coming stronger and stronger, I was coping well with the pain - breathing techniques were AMAZING, but it was v painful. Called the delivery suite at 11 and they said to have a hot bath and call back when they were 3 minutes apart.

I went into hospital at 1am and was put on the monitor for 20 minutes. The midwife checked the chart thing and said "gosh, they are regular aren't they!" She then did an internal and I was only 2cm dilated! I was So upset!!!! She said that she would have sent me home, but as I was contracting so regularly, she wanted to keep me in. She asked what I wanted to do about pain relief and I said I ideally wanted a water birth and wanted as little pain relief as possible. She immediately went and sorted the pool out for me, and I think I got into the pool about 2.15am.

I was breathing through the contractions and doing fine until about 4am when the pain just got so bad. As I had only been 2cm at 1.30am, I thought that I could have only been 5cm at most. I could cope with the pain - but couldn't cope with the thought of it getting worse, and lasting for maybe another 6-7 hours. I just kept saying to Ben "I can't do this. If I'm only 5cm, I can't go any further, I thought I had a high pain threshold but I obviously don't!" The midwife bought me some gas and air at about 4.10am and did an internal to see how I was doing. She really calmly said "okay keep breathing, I'm just going to get the clamp and the bed for baby and bring the other midwife in here" So I asked why and how dilated I was and she said "I'm not telling you, just listen to your body" She went out the room and I just remember saying to Ben "does she want me to knock her out?!" Lol!!!

She came back in at about 4.30am and I said I really need to push, she said "no you don't" with out even looking at me! I then used the gas and air to breath through my rage at how uninformative she was (I am SUCH a control freak - with holding information from me was SO not good for my nerves!!!) Lol! I then said "MATE i NEED to PUSH!!" and without even looking at me she said, "okay, go on then!" I found the pushing to be SO painless after the contractions so didn't use the gas and air for the pushing stage, which I'm really pleased about as I wasn't drowsy when Eva was born. I only pushed for about 25 minutes before Eva was born at 5am exactly weighing 6lb 4oz!!

I was soooo pleased to be able to have a water birth, it was a million times better than I could have ever imagined, and I'm really proud of myself for labouring mainly at home and only using gas and air for half an hour! Eva is absolutely the most perfect little girl in the world and I'm SO proud of her and soo in love! I had 1 really small tear that didn't need stitches, and Eva has been breast feeding perfectly, so I was discharged at 5pm - 12 hours after she was born.

All in all it was an amazing experience and I feel so blessed that everything went so well, and that I have such a perfect little girl!! Thanks so much to everyone on here for all your support, it's been amazing. And I can't wait to read about the births of the other tri 3 girls!!

Here are some pictures of my lil girl...

EvaDay5-49.jpg

EvaDay4-18.jpg

EvaDay2-12-1.jpg

Last edited:
And a massive thanks to Lorah for updating for me - sorry I missed doing the labour watch!!! xxx

Huge congrats, you did brilliantly :yay: what a beautiful baby girl :love: xxxx

I really really want your birth!! Congratulations to you, Its such an inspiration to read as it is possible! Xx

What a fantastic story!! Gorgeous pics too. How do you look so good so soon after giving birth!!

Huge congratulations xx

congrats hun shes gorgeous x

Congrats and well done hon - you did great and she's lovely!! x x x

Great story, love the pics - she's gorgeous, well done you :)

Well done hun, you did fantastic, I want your labour!! You look great in the pic too....how did you manage that? :p Gorgeous little girlie :)

Oh wow, you done amazing! Huge congratulations to you both! Your little girl is so so beautiful..that 2nd pic is definately a wall photo!

She's beautiful, you did really really well, what a great birth story, and how nice do you look after just giving birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back