***October 2019 mummies***

Oooh, love a blazing positive. I'll get on my laptop later and update the first post.

Massive congrats. Is this your first?

Thanks - it has been so surreal! Just got the 2-3 week reading on a digi!

Yep, this will be our first :)

Have just got my BFP today. AF due tomorrow so hopefully all good
Massive congratulations.

Will update the thread as soon as I get time to get the laptop out x

We have such a small group for October! Hope we get more joining us soon :)

How are we feeling all?

I had a dream last night that I had a miscarriage.. not very nice. Woke up at 5am and had to go check for bleeding. All good - just my weird brain! Have a dating scanned at 6weeks - so 1st of March.

We have such a small group for October! Hope we get more joining us soon :)

How are we feeling all?

I had a dream last night that I had a miscarriage.. not very nice. Woke up at 5am and had to go check for bleeding. All good - just my weird brain! Have a dating scanned at 6weeks - so 1st of March.
Oh bless you, that’s not nice at all!
I bet you can’t wait for your scan! It’s amazing :angel: x

Yeah! DH can come along so we can’t wait to hear that little heartbeat <3

How are you feeling?
Ahh I can’t wait for you, it’s magical!

Pretty rubbish with suspected anemia/diabetes plus morning sickness so glad it’s half term! But just grateful that little one is reminding me they’re in there!

Ahh I can’t wait for you, it’s magical!

Pretty rubbish with suspected anemia/diabetes plus morning sickness so glad it’s half term! But just grateful that little one is reminding me they’re in there!

Hopefully it won’t last much longer?

When did the morning sickness kick in for everyone? I’m trying to work out when it will all start to go downhill for me :rotfl:

Heading to Dr to have pregnancy confirmed and relevant paperwork sent off to mat hospital.

Hi ladies, hope you do not mind me joining but just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant and I am over the moon :) I'm just struggling getting my head around all the things I cannot eat :-/ Thought it was just the booze I had to worry about cutting out, haha guess not.
Also is anyone else experiencing interrupted sleep and vivid baby dreams/nightmares? xx

Hi ladies, hope you do not mind me joining but just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant and I am over the moon :) I'm just struggling getting my head around all the things I cannot eat :-/ Thought it was just the booze I had to worry about cutting out, haha guess not.
Also is anyone else experiencing interrupted sleep and vivid baby dreams/nightmares? xx

Welcome and congratulations! <3

Yeah, I am SO sad to cut out soft cheese and my coffee - but it will be worth it!

I have slept like a baby since the bfp lol ... I only had one dream of a miscarriage but nothing else. I think that's normal as I have heard of other pregnant women experiencing the same x

Congratulations!
I have very vivid dreams but only 1 about baby so far and fortunately it was a good one! X

Heading to Dr to have pregnancy confirmed and relevant paperwork sent off to mat hospital.

Hey Snuddles, how did you get on at the doctor? Mine will never confirm a pregnancy here, they just say if you have had a positive test to believe it, lol.
Hope all went well and let me know when you have a due date. :)

Okay ladies, all updated so far.

Hope you're all feeling okay. I'm getting faint whiffs of nausea starting to creep in. It didn't turn into sickness with Kieran, but I had Hyperemesis with my first lost pregnancy and that was three months of absolute hell, so I pray you all get an easy few months.

Re the food, the only things I really missed when pregnant last year were soft cheese and pate. I was careful with meat and wouldn't have anything with pink in outside of the house, but at home, I'd still enjoy a medium rare steak from our local butcher, but the cattle come from "Uncle John's" farm less than a mile from us and the abattoir and butcher are even closer, so I know it's safe.

I'm currently sat here, catching up on stuff while Kieran is in his jumparoo and wondering if there are any things I can give you as little helping tips.

Sainsbury's own (blue box) is BY FAR the BEST decaf tea you can buy anywhere. Lidl do an amazing decaf coffee as well, will go and look at the label in a bit for you.
If you are craving soft cheeses, have them, but just cook them. Not quite the same, but brie on a pizza or in a panini is amazing. I LOVE Stilton though and it blue veined, but hard, so perfectly safe during all of pregnancy and I practically had it every night last time. That and chunks of parmesan to nibble...they cured my cheese desires.

If you do get sickness, definitely keep some of your favourite biscuits basically EVERYWHERE. Have some in your bag, at work, in your car and most importantly, by your bed. Never let yourself get hungry as that always makes the nausea/sickness worse, but it's bloody hard to eat in the first tri so keep those biscuits on hand. If I had a few before I even took my head off the pillow in the mornings, it really helped settle my stomach.

I have only done this once and am only just shy of 8 months into being a mum, so no expert, lol...but happy to share what I have found works and doesn't and what I've learned off my other mum friends.

It's now starting to sink in that I will soon have two...I have literally NO IDEA how I will cope, lol

Last edited:
Okay ladies, all updated so far.

Hope you're all feeling okay. I'm getting faint whiffs of nausea starting to creep in. It didn't turn into sickness with Kieran, but I had Hyperemesis with my first lost pregnancy and that was three months of absolute hell, so I pray you all get an easy few months.

Re the food, the only things I really missed when pregnant last year were soft cheese and pate. I was careful with meat and wouldn't have anything with pink in outside of the house, but at home, I'd still enjoy a medium rare steak from our local butcher, but the cattle come from "Uncle John's" farm less than a mile from us and the abattoir and butcher are even closer, so I know it's safe.

I'm currently sat here, catching up on stuff while Kieran is in his jumparoo and wondering if there are any things I can give you as little helping tips.

Sainsbury's own (blue box) is BY FAR the BEST decaf tea you can buy anywhere. Lidl do an amazing decaf coffee as well, will go and look at the label in a bit for you.
If you are craving soft cheeses, have them, but just cook them. Not quite the same, but brie on a pizza or in a panini is amazing. I LOVE Stilton though and it blue veined, but hard, so perfectly safe during all of pregnancy and I practically had it every night last time. That and chunks of parmesan to nibble...they cured my cheese desires.

If you do get sickness, definitely keep some of your favourite biscuits basically EVERYWHERE. Have some in your bag, at work, in your car and most importantly, by your bed. Never let yourself get hungry as that always makes the nausea/sickness worse, but it's bloody hard to eat in the first tri so keep those biscuits on hand. If I had a few before I even took my head off the pillow in the mornings, it really helped settle my stomach.

I have only done this once and am only just shy of 8 months into being a mum, so no expert, lol...but happy to share what I have found works and doesn't and what I've learned off my other mum friends.

It's now starting to sink in that I will soon have two...I have literally NO IDEA how I will cope, lol

Great tips GG, thanks :)

I’m worried that i’ll be super unwell during tri 1.. my cardiologist said to me that I would spend a lot of time on the floor due to my low blood pressure :shock: .. but will wait and see! Nothing but sore boobs and the occasional cramps for me so far x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back