November 2018 Mums To Be Trimester 3

I'm trying to keep my fluids up but it's not easy!! I'm not at work much this week as I had some leave I'd already booked so I just decided to keep it. Decided to take advantage of some me time so I've got a pregnancy massage and a haircut booked. Also the dentist but I'm just going to forget about that!! Will also have a chance to do some odd jobs and finish getting prepared. Or as prepared as I'll ever be!!

I'm also finding my sleep is disturbed. I just wake in the middle of the night for no reason and can't get back to sleep. I'm not uncomfortable and usually I get up to pee because I'm awake rather than being woken because I need to pee!! I shouldn't complain as I've been sleeping through most nights up until now so I think that's really good going.

*Creeps slowly in.....*

Hello!

FIRSTLY, so sorry I've been AWOL for a couple of months. Life has been extremely busy with prepping for baby whilst working extra and every time I logged on to update you all and see how things were going for everyone, I'd forget or get distracted. So sorry, I feel pretty awful for not being a present member of our November babies group.

How is everyone doing? Babas growing well?

I've opted for a planned caesarean after all, which is happening early November. It all seems so close and I can't believe our baby will be here soon!

I can't remember what I last shared in the Trimester 2 thread so I'll give a quick update...

Baby has been fine, had reduced movements a couple of times but all has turned out fine.
I've been having growth scans. All were showing baby in the middle of everything growth wise but my last one last week shows they've shot up in weight to the 91st percentile!
I ended up requesting a new midwife as mine was completely unsympathetic in regards to my mental health; I have been going through PTSD from my daughter's birth, prenatal depression and health anxiety.
We did decide to find out babies biological sex at our 20-week scan but have kept it to ourselves, my daughter (the whole reason we found out was to tell her), my dad and my four closest friends.

Hope everyone is doing OK!

Hiya sf, that sucks that you haven't been supported with your mental health, but well done that u have found alternative midwife. When is your section booked for? Mine's 28th, I'm having identical twins but not finding out sex. It's nice that you have and you can be prepared though.
Moomin- sounds like a good week you've got planned (apart from dentist! Lol). The waking up through the night I'm sure is just to keep you on your toes because when baby is born you also get no long sleep. I wake up every hour half bursting for teaspoon wee, it's been like this for months but I blame the fact that I'm carrying twins.
Is everyone taking iron until birth or was it a set course that you are on?
Sarahx

Good to see you back SF!! Glad baby is doing well. Sorry your midwife wasn't sympathetic but it's good you have a different one now.

I thought the same about the waking up. I'm normally a very deep sleeper and I sleep solid. I think it's nature's way of training me not to do that anymore!! I'm just going with it as up until this week, I've slept through nearly every night from 10/11pm til 5/6am. That's earlier than I'd usually wake but to be undisturbed for that long I think is a win. If I just have to put up with it the last few weeks then so be it.

I've decided to take advantage of this week while I can. Plenty of nice treats but a few practical things as well. I've already got a grocery list for tomorrow as I can go when it's quiet for once. Hopefully I can finish off my batch cooking for the freezer and the hospital bag too.

I'm only taking pregnancy multivitamins, no extra iron. Though to be honest my energy levels are still surprisingly good so I really don't think I need extra.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Hiya sf, that sucks that you haven't been supported with your mental health, but well done that u have found alternative midwife. When is your section booked for? Mine's 28th, I'm having identical twins but not finding out sex. It's nice that you have and you can be prepared though.

Ah it doesn't affect any preparation - firm believer that biological sex does not determine clothes/colours/products etc. We just wanted our daughter to know specifically whether she was having a brother or a sister, to help her get used to the idea of having a sibling, as she's only 2.5 so still quite young! :)

Good to see you back SF!! Glad baby is doing well. Sorry your midwife wasn't sympathetic but it's good you have a different one now.

Thanks, Moomin! Hopefully, I'll be more regular on here again!! It's crazy to think we will all have our little ones here soon, when it only feels like yesterday we were nervously awaiting our booking appointments and dating scans! My new midwife has, thankfully, been absolutely lovely - I'm glad I plucked up the courage to request a new one!

How much has everyone got left to do prep wise? We've just got usual household organising/tidying to do now there's baby stuff everywhere and we need to get the travel system out of the attic and give it a good clean. Snuzpod is up and waiting! :)

Ah it doesn't affect any preparation - firm believer that biological sex does not determine clothes/colours/products etc. We just wanted our daughter to know specifically whether she was having a brother or a sister, to help her get used to the idea of having a sibling, as she's only 2.5 so still quite young! :)

Thanks, Moomin! Hopefully, I'll be more regular on here again!! It's crazy to think we will all have our little ones here soon, when it only feels like yesterday we were nervously awaiting our booking appointments and dating scans! My new midwife has, thankfully, been absolutely lovely - I'm glad I plucked up the courage to request a new one!

How much has everyone got left to do prep wise? We've just got usual household organising/tidying to do now there's baby stuff everywhere and we need to get the travel system out of the attic and give it a good clean. Snuzpod is up and waiting! :)

It's all going in so quickly now. I'm doing pretty well with prep. I've been making meals for the freezer and should have those finished tomorrow. Also just need the last few bits for the hospital bags. The house is mostly cleaned and organised. Baby's room is a bit untidy but as he/she will be in with us initially, I'm not too worried as everything we need is in there and easily accessible. Still have a few odd jobs to do but nothing too major. The only other thing is a birth plan which I always said I'd never have but I think there's a few things I'd like to have written down and I think it will help OH too. Overall, I'm feeling reasonably prepared at this stage.

I wish I was as organised. I seemed to be on top of everything and now Iv lost my way lol need to start prepping some meals. I had another scan today was told the baby’s head is very far down now? Does that mean anything? Iv still two weeks to go I’m 38 weeks tomorrow. Half of me can’t wait and half of me is going to miss being pregnant as this wee one took so long to come. Xx

Hiya Liz, ive heard women say that babies head has been down for ages before labour but all of mine have been breech or transverse so im not 100%.
You'll get there with your meals, have you made a list of what tastes nice being reheated and then shopping list the meals :)
I'm being mega lazy at mo, i have drove kids to school all week so far, they're not complaining tho! Hahahah
Babies are both doing well both guestimated 3lb 5oz so that's good for 30 weeks. Only 5 weeks and 6 days to go before section!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee 😍😍

Also Liz, the one thing I really missed each time was laying in bed with hands on tummy feeling all the wiggling, each time after ive had the baby ive still kept putting hands there expecting bump!
Xx

I'll miss being pregnant too. We were pretty rubbish at getting pregnant but it seems I'm pretty good at being pregnant!! I had my 36 week scan and they said baby was in a really good position but not engaged.

I have made so many meals I've almost ran out of freezer space!! I didn't manage to make the last few yesterday as we need to eat some things so I can use the last of the space. It's meant I've given the freezer a proper clear out at the same time.

Hi everyone. I'm so tired from being back at work after 2 weeks off. But the week has gone so fast and 4 weeks tomorrow and I'll be off on maternity leave!

Sunnyd I've no idea about the iron tablets. I emailed my midwife today as I'm almost finished mine bit don't see her until 27th so not sure if I'm to get more or not. I'm assuming I am meant to and they have definitely helped.

Hope everyone is keeping well. I'm fine, just feeling a bit tight and heavy. Plus quite a lot of braxton hicks happening in the evening. Starting to get excited now though

Also Liz, the one thing I really missed each time was laying in bed with hands on tummy feeling all the wiggling, each time after ive had the baby ive still kept putting hands there expecting bump!
Xx

Awe I think that would be me!! lol I’m planning on hopefully getting baby 2 on the way this time next year if I’m lucky enough. So hopefully will experience it all over again xx

Hope you're all ok and have had a good weekend. I'm really tired but apart from that I'm good.
My work colleague said to me that my bump has dropped. I'm hoping baby comes around my due date. My 1st was 9 days over. I would love for thus little monkey to appear around when she's meant to xx

Xx

Awe I think that would be me!! lol I’m planning on hopefully getting baby 2 on the way this time next year if I’m lucky enough. So hopefully will experience it all over again xx

You sound like me haha!! I think when you try for so long for your first, you don't want to leave it to chance second time round. Haven't been brave enough to discuss it with OH yet but I'd like to hope he won't be surprised when I do!!

Hello ladies!!! Well the head down very far does mean something I had my baby boy on wednesday!! Healthy happy 7 pounds bundle of love xxx

Last edited:
Xx

You sound like me haha!! I think when you try for so long for your first, you don't want to leave it to chance second time round. Haven't been brave enough to discuss it with OH yet but I'd like to hope he won't be surprised when I do!!

Yes I’m all for number two... just need to bring the subject to my husband lol I think it’ll take me a while maybe (hopefully not). Do miss being pregnant ladies I knew I would. Keep Thinking I can feel the baby move but it hunger lol

Xx

Yes I’m all for number two... just need to bring the subject to my husband lol I think it’ll take me a while maybe (hopefully not). Do miss being pregnant ladies I knew I would. Keep Thinking I can feel the baby move but it hunger lol

I've heard so many stories from people who had problems conceiving their first but then have a second or more without any issues. It's really hard to know when the right time is but I don't think I'd want to risk waiting after how long it took for this one. A good pregnancy will also lure me in to a false sense of security I think!!

Orhhh Liz congratulations. Bet you are so happy. What did u call baby? Hope your labour was good and you are both well. Xxx

Hello ladies!!! Well the head down very far does mean something I had my baby boy on wednesday!! Healthy happy 7 pounds bundle of love xxx

Gosh!! I completely missed this post yesterday!! Huge congratulations and hope you are both doing well :)

Massive congratulations Liz, I hope you are both doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back