November 2018 Mums To Be Trimester 3

Hello ladies, it’s very strange to think that our babies will be here next month. The time has flown by. I only have a week left of work now, so that’s definitely making it feel more real.
Just bought some pads and disposable pants for my hospital bag, has anyone packed theirs? I’m not sure what to take really, anyone have tips?

I packed a night dress that I don’t mind gets ruined.. pjs, towel, shower gel, baby grows baby outfit for home, slippers. They said to bring something to read like a tablet. I got nappies just incase. Need maternity pads and bra still. Something comfortable for me to go home in leggings and a hoodie. Might pack snacks to keep me going lol. I think there is probably much more to get. I’m getting nervous!! Is anyone else x

I packed a night dress that I don’t mind gets ruined.. pjs, towel, shower gel, baby grows baby outfit for home, slippers. They said to bring something to read like a tablet. I got nappies just incase. Need maternity pads and bra still. Something comfortable for me to go home in leggings and a hoodie. Might pack snacks to keep me going lol. I think there is probably much more to get. I’m getting nervous!! Is anyone else x

Mine is a work in progress still. I feel like I have way too much but I want to be prepared as we are a good journey from any hospital/MLU so it's not like hubby can just pop home if we forget something. Being a bit hyper organised, I'm packing separate bags for different things and then loading up his car boot. That way we have everything covered but will only need to bring in the essentials initially rather than one massive bag!!

I am packing snacks etc not just for me but hubby too. It sounds like ladies can go either way and some eat loads but others can't face it so I want to have stuff just in case. I also think it's important for hubby to be covered as he will get hungry and I don't want him either spending a fortune in a hospital shop or going hungry as he feels he can't leave me!!

I think I'm more excited than nervous but I can't say the same for hubby who came in last night and said I can't believe it's October and we could have a baby in less than a month!!

I think I’m equal measures of excited and nervous.

One tip for your hospital bag is one or 2 plastic bags to bring home wet/dirty clothes and towels.
I'm packing mine (or most of it) this week while I'm on holiday from work. So when I come off on maternity leave I can hopefully relax a bit

One tip for your hospital bag is one or 2 plastic bags to bring home wet/dirty clothes and towels.
I'm packing mine (or most of it) this week while I'm on holiday from work. So when I come off on maternity leave I can hopefully relax a bit

That's a good tip - added to bag!! I did a shop and got a good selection of nibbles to keep us both going especially if there's lots of waiting around. It's almost done now. Just a few more bits to add.

Next job is prepping freezer meals to take a bit of pressure off us in the early weeks. I've made a meal plan so just got to buy the stuff and actually make it!!

Definitely want to be able to chill out an relax when I finally stop work!!

It's very quiet on here. Hope you're all ok?

Braxton hicks are getting me good this week. And my ribs ache (thanks baby).

Started packing my hospital bag today. Feeling a bit more organised now. Have another growth scan on Thursday so hopefully everything is still fine then too ����

Yes good thanks hope everyone is enjoying the last stretch of pregnancy!! I’m starting to get a bit nervous about the birth now lol I’m trying not to think of it and listen to my friends awful stories lol

It really isn't long!! I'm trying to ignore horror stories!!

Counting down the days left at work!!

Hiya,
I'm new here, i googled literally pregnancy chat and found this site. I'm 29 week pregnant with twins, but I've just had my section date as 28th Nov (when il be 36+2 days) so please can i join you ladies? :)

It really isn't long!! I'm trying to ignore horror stories!!

Counting down the days left at work!!

AS my midwife told me today someone always tells you about a bad meal they have and not the nice meals lol

Hiya,
I'm new here, i googled literally pregnancy chat and found this site. I'm 29 week pregnant with twins, but I've just had my section date as 28th Nov (when il be 36+2 days) so please can i join you ladies? :)

Welcome and congrats xxx

Welcome Sunnyd. How exciting for you. Congratulations x

Ladies my 1st labour was fine. And I'm probably really strange to say I actually enjoyed the experience. Please ignore the horror stories. I'm sure you'll all be fine.

Had our growth scan today at 33 weeks. All still on track so I'm happy with that. Back in 3 weeks for what I think will be a final check

Hiya,

Welcome. I have added you.

Welcome Sunnyd. How exciting for you. Congratulations x

Ladies my 1st labour was fine. And I'm probably really strange to say I actually enjoyed the experience. Please ignore the horror stories. I'm sure you'll all be fine.

Had our growth scan today at 33 weeks. All still on track so I'm happy with that. Back in 3 weeks for what I think will be a final check

Glad everything is going well. I have my 36 week scan and midwife appointment next week. Glad you had a positive first labour. I'm feeling fairly positive myself at this point though that might change in the next few weeks haha!!

Thanks Liz, Nik and moomin.
Nik- did baby's growth slow down abit? Just wondering with the growth scans. Braxtons have been getting me for a while, think I've had alot of pregnancy aches sooner this time that the other three because of twin factor. I've had some shooty up type pain again today that I didn't start with until later in other pregnancys.
A positive for everyone- My first labour was a typical good vaginal delivery. Slow starting contractions, speeded up throughout the day til 9pm where they were 4 mins apart. Then hospital, where waters went and I had gas and air and she was born 1.30am. I will never forgot that tea and toast afterwards.......mmmmmm. lol.
Xx

Sunnyd no growth has been fine but being monitored due to notching in my uterine vessels. This was spotted at my 20 week scan and can slow baby's growth at any time so have been scanned every 3 weeks since 27 weeks.
Also the notching can disappear and all be fine but they actually don't seem to check it again, only baby's growth.
It's nice seeing baby all these extra times that I wouldn't normally have.

I'm feeling rubbish today. Had maybe 4 hours sleep last night max. Plus pains from being constipated. I just want to sleep but impossible with a 3 year old to look after. Oh and heartburn is a killer today!

Hope you're all ok x

Yes Nik, heartburn is getting on my nerves too. For constipation (iv3 been on iron for 3 week so far) I've been drinking a cup of prune juice every day..... it tastes like shit in all honesty especially with me feeling sick anyway but it actually does work. For first few days on ferrous I didn't do and ended up with wierd bulging bum..... tmi sorry ;)
Yeh I know what u mean about seeing tour baby more often via extra scans- it is lovely. Xx

I'm so glad I'm not anaemic as iron tablets are horrible. My energy levels are still pretty good considering how far along I am. I'm still working full time in a busy job and people can't believe how well I'm coping. I'm still avoiding heartburn which is great and although I'm a little bunged up, it's not bad enough that I need to take anything. Bloating after meals is probably my biggest issue as I'm petite anyway so I feel a lot of pressure and discomfort around my ribs probably because there isn't much room in there!!

I'm on iron tablets too. I've been generally ok until today. I've been on holiday from work and have lapsed on my water intake especially this week. I'm back to work on Monday so will get back to it (I will try tomorrow too).

Hopefully I'll get a better sleep tonight and not feel so sorry for myself tomorrow ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back