November 2018 Mums To Be Trimester 3

No baby here yet. I have another sweep tomorrow and if nothing happens I'm being induced on Wednesday. They are now worried that baby is so big they don't want me going over my due date.

I'm ready to have this baby now. And her big sister is getting impatient too ha ha

Well how’s everyone getting on?? Any more baby news? Does anyone else miss being pregnant? Don’t get me wrong I love having my wee man with me but I miss those wee special moments like feeling him kick in the evenings etc. Now Iv to share him with family lol

It's funny as I sometimes try and feel for him like I've forgotten he's not in there any more haha!!

No baby here yet. I have another sweep tomorrow and if nothing happens I'm being induced on Wednesday. They are now worried that baby is so big they don't want me going over my due date.

I'm ready to have this baby now. And her big sister is getting impatient too ha ha

Good luck!! Hope baby gets a move on!!

Well how’s everyone getting on?? Any more baby news? Does anyone else miss being pregnant? Don’t get me wrong I love having my wee man with me but I miss those wee special moments like feeling him kick in the evenings etc. Now Iv to share him with family lol

It's funny as I sometimes try and feel for him like I've forgotten he's not in there any more haha!!

I feel kicks still lol my stomach twitches and I forget I ain’t pregnant. Lol I’m definately sleep deprived!.

Good luck nik!!! X

I know I’m a bit late to this group, had my little boy on 18th November and would love to join xxxx

Thank you! I am the same as you Liz! I kind of miss being pregnant! It was such a special time and he was with me all the time. Now I have to share him! And cope with the crazy sleep deprivation! I thought I was tired during pregnancy but this is something else!! Xx

Welcome Cookie and congratulations.

I'm off to be induced today. Fingers crossed it's not too long a day

Thank you! I am the same as you Liz! I kind of miss being pregnant! It was such a special time and he was with me all the time. Now I have to share him! And cope with the crazy sleep deprivation! I thought I was tired during pregnancy but this is something else!! Xx

It’s weird isn’t it most people I speak to can’t wait not to be pregnant. I miss it. Also miss eating what I want when I want lol

Yep I feel the same Liz. I’ve also been really emotional since he was born, probably due to a long painful labour followed by c section and then problems feeding. Also since we’ve been home feels like our in laws and parents are always around making comments about what we’re doing and giving ‘helpful’ advice. It’s been a little overwhelming to say the least! How’s it been for you?

Yep I feel the same Liz. I’ve also been really emotional since he was born, probably due to a long painful labour followed by c section and then problems feeding. Also since we’ve been home feels like our in laws and parents are always around making comments about what we’re doing and giving ‘helpful’ advice. It’s been a little overwhelming to say the least! How’s it been for you?

It’s didficult isn’t it when they try to give you advice from about 30 years ago. I just nod and be polite then say things have changed somewhat since 30 years ago lol. My midwife told my husband to bouncer the doors and have people ring or text when wanting to come round. She said not to feel bad about it. It’s been tough as I’m sure they think they should be round lots but when your trying to get used you your own baby and bond you need that time alone. I was the same as you although my birth was pretty straight forward only thing was I didn’t get the pain relief I was too late for it. I was so emotional for a few weeks and still am at times even now. I had a shower and when Hubbie asked me how it was a bawled like a baby lol

Hope you get the feeding sorted these things just take time. I tell myself this everyday we are doing our very best x

Last edited:

It’s didficult isn’t it when they try to give you advice from about 30 years ago. I just nod and be polite then say things have changed somewhat since 30 years ago lol. My midwife told my husband to bouncer the doors and have people ring or text when wanting to come round. She said not to feel bad about it. It’s been tough as I’m sure they think they should be round lots but when your trying to get used you your own baby and bond you need that time alone. I was the same as you although my birth was pretty straight forward only thing was I didn’t get the pain relief I was too late for it. I was so emotional for a few weeks and still am at times even now. I had a shower and when Hubbie asked me how it was a bawled like a baby lol

Hope you get the feeding sorted these things just take time. I tell myself this everyday we are doing our very best x

We live at the opposite end of the country to our close family so I said no visitors for the 2 weeks while my husband is on paternity leave. I got a bit of a mixed response but I'm really glad I stuck to my guns!! We had problems feeding to begin with on the back of a difficult delivery and a hospital stay so my emotions were all over the place. I'm so glad I've had the space to just do what feels right rather than having to put on a front for visitors. I feel like I'm coming out the other side now but I know I wouldn't be saying that if I'd had to constantly deal with visitors.

We live at the opposite end of the country to our close family so I said no visitors for the 2 weeks while my husband is on paternity leave. I got a bit of a mixed response but I'm really glad I stuck to my guns!! We had problems feeding to begin with on the back of a difficult delivery and a hospital stay so my emotions were all over the place. I'm so glad I've had the space to just do what feels right rather than having to put on a front for visitors. I feel like I'm coming out the other side now but I know I wouldn't be saying that if I'd had to constantly deal with visitors.

Your just right it’s such a special time for you Hubbie and baby you need your space to adapt esp when the birth wasn’t quite what you expected it to be. It takes time to bounce back to normality. I came to the conclusion that I was going to offend someone no matter what I did. So I was told to please myself and not think too much of offending others. I think a lot of family felt that I’d have them there helping me from day one but Iv done ok with out help at the minute. I know someday I’ll need it. Think the nurse in me is so use to multitasking and living with out sleep doing night shifts and just getting in with things lol

Baby Zoe arrived yesterday at 7.36pm weighing 8lb 15oz. Managed to get a midwife led pool birth even though I was induced. Very positive experience.
Big sister is over the moon.

We got home a few hours later. All checks done today and she is perfect. Loving being a family of 4 so far.

Hope you are all well x

Baby Zoe arrived yesterday at 7.36pm weighing 8lb 15oz. Managed to get a midwife led pool birth even though I was induced. Very positive experience.
Big sister is over the moon.

We got home a few hours later. All checks done today and she is perfect. Loving being a family of 4 so far.

Hope you are all well x

Awe congrats!!! That’s fab new x

Hi everyone! I realised I never came on to update you all!

Baby was born safe and sound via planned gentle caesarean on November 7th - a baby girl weighing 9lbs 15oz! :)

Commenting with my old account from my first pregnancy, as I couldn't remember my password for my account for this pregnancy! xo

How’s everyone getting on with their wee bundles of joy??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back