Not worked again!

laurat

Reaction score
Well bloods confirmed it, upped dose of 100 mg of cloimid hasnt worked! Knew myself really but was hoping for a wee surprise! To go on Fri for 28 day bloods but dont know if Ill have to take provera again seen it didnt work the last time. I know ive to try 150mg of clomid next.

I dont know what Ill do if that fails as Im not quite prepared for a clomid failure as I just thought it would work. Does anyone know what the next step would be if the 150mg doesnt work? Is it IVF, can I even get that if I dont ovulate then I have no eggs. I dont know other options. Thinking I need to prepare myself for them now.

Sorry that the clomid didn't work - but you're not done yet :) Have you had ovarian drilling? Maybe push for it before blowing your clomid?

Yeah, i think it would basically be IVF after the clomid.

It would be likely that you would have issues with stimulation and either wouldn't get many eggs or would get too many eggs, but many women get a BFP from it in exactly the same situation so don't worry about it too much.

It is quite horrible in the way that you feel extreme pressure for it to work, so if i was you i'd skip thinking about IVF and think more about what happens after it and try to come to terms with the possibility of not having kids.

I know that's a bitter pill to swallow, but just trying to come to some level of acceptance.

If i didn't have the inlaws to fund our future cycles, i'd be there right now - never having a baby.

Last edited:
Sorry Laura :-( I don't know much about clomid but sure one of the other girlies will know :hugs:

Sorry hunni x x hope they get summat to work... But it aint over til the fat lady sings..... N i aint singing :D x

Sent from my AWESOME iPod touch using Tapatalk

Aww I am sorry it was crap news hun, I totally understand how disheartening it can be I have left a few of my clomid check ups in tears where it hasnt worked.

Because clomid didn't work for me I am having ovarian drilling, as Lou said this could be an option for you it has got good success rates so well worth a shot. If the OD doesn't work then my next step is ivf.

Speak to your doctor hun and ask about ovarian drilling see what they say xx

Thanks for your replies girls! Im going to have a wee look at the process of ovarian drilling to see what it is etc. I will mention it to the nurse on Fri too if I can or on Mon when I get my results. Ive only had a lap and dye so wondered if the other procedure is also an option is it a hyscoroscopy or something? I just keep thinking theres a reason why my body has just shut down from the mc. Think theres something to sort.

At the monent I know it will be an increased dose of clomid. I have a small hope that as there was some growth with the 100mg then the 150 will just push the follicles to grow quicker.

I just cant come to terms with the idea of having no children yet! Thats just too hard, I have to keep thinking it will happen. Adoption as a last resort!

Hi Laura. Hope yOure doing ok. I was told ovarian drilling would be the next step for me if clomid doesn't work. So hopefully it would be for you too. I am in the same boat as you last month, I had my scan yesterday and the 50mg had no effect at all :( sending massive hugs xxx

Arh lauret, I have just read your post and wanted to send you massive hugs. Sorry the clomid did not work. Never give up though. I had a friend who did not have any luck with clomid and she had a very low egg reserves. She was on the waiting list for IVF and got her bfp 3 months later. Never give up hope as good things do come to those who wait xxxxx

Sorry for your babd news hun.:hugs:

I really think a hysteroscopy is a good idea Hun, if I remember correctly your problems surfaced after a miscarriage? You must have been oving right then? How were your cycles before??

Are you using opks?? What cd do you get a positive??

Have the docs said why you aren't oving?? Do you have pcos??

Also I've mentioned ashermans before haven't I have a read on that, it could be a possibility?

Xx

Hey Maybe,I read up on Ashermans but didnt seem to be fitting of what I had as as far as I remember it says the lap and dye would have shown signs of this. The non ovulation is a result of a mc I think but the hospital are not basically saying any reason for it. I dont have pcos they have confirmed this.

Pre mc I was on the depo injection for about nine years so had no cycle. After I came off the depo I had no af for a year but the dr basically put that down to my weight. I was 16 stone. I lost 8 stone but after loosing just one my af and cycle returned regularly. I was ov on cd 19 of a 31 to 32 day cycle.

I get confused what is the laparoscopy again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back