Anyone had Letrozole?

laurat

Reaction score
Hey girls, well as I said in my last post the fertility dr decided Ive not to get an upped dose of 150mg of clomid. She doesn't think it will work. However Im getting one last shot with a newer drug called letrazole. It supposedly works in the same kind of manner as clomid but some women who havent been successful with clomid have been with this. Anyone had any experience with it. Ive read a bit just wondered if anyone had? Last chance saloon so Im hoping and willing it works!

Yeah she said it was newish but had been proven quite effective. She said it isnt wide spread but starting to become introduced a but mire. A couple of fertility websites seem to have some information on it. I will give it a try as apart from it Ive got a 2 year wait so worth a try!!!

Hmmm, it seems to be an estrogen lowerer...

So that should potentially raise your progesterone levels at the right time of the cycle and hopefully provide you with a more normal cycle.

I don't think that it will directly make you ovulate, but possibly by giving you a more normal cycle then an indirect consequence would be that you start to ovulate normally.

I'm just guessing though.

Last edited:
Hi Laura, its prescribed instead of clomid as it has a short half life - leaves your body within days so no effect on developing embryo unlike clomid which takes longer to leave your system. Also has no detrimental effect on lining of the womb chain unlike clomid. Its used to treat breast cancer but is used 'off label' to assist ovulation in the same way as clomid only without the negatives (ie length of time it remains in your body and thinning of lining of womb). Good luck!

Thanks for the insights girls. Just hoping it works! Picked up my prescription today but cant start till ive had the scan to confirm Ive no cysts as a result of the clomid. Hoping thats next week before I go back to work but the usual dragging their heels at the clinic.

Hiya Laura. My doctor mentioned letrozole if the 100mg clomid doesn't work for me, it is widely used in USA as an alternative to clomid. It's brand name is femara so if you google that you'll get more results. I think it works well in clomid resistant people, and like someone else said it leaves the body quicker. What dose are you starting on? Really hope it works for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back