not sure what i want advice/opinions?

angela29

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well i have been lurking here for a while, and yes me and my oh have decided we want to try for a baby, the thing is, i am a worrier!!
We only have a two bedroom house and i worry that as i have a ten year old daughter i just don't have the room for a new baby, there is no room to exstend and i think am i being selfish? obviously i wouldn't expect baby to share a room with my ten year old as the age gap is way to big, so in a couple of year where would he/she go? Also we both work fulltime i would have to go on maternity leave and live off this small amount, oh i suppose i just ant someone to tell me that it will be ok! lol, sorry just rambling on now lol, did anyone go through doubts because of practicalities?

Many Thanks

Angela.

Lol, either you worry too much or i don't worry enough (which I know is true). I have 5 kids in a 3 bedroom house so I'm not the best person to advise on this as I'm clearly out of my mind but I can't see anything in the list above which would be a problem really. You get paid full pay on maternity for 6 months don't you?? The baby would share with you for a while. You can always move??
Sorry if it sounds like I'm simplifying everything but I guess I'm one of lives eternal optimists ....:) or just mad...

I think it is good that you are trying to take everything into consideration. Not many people do :)

If a baby is really really what you want, then when you get one nothing else matters and it will all fall into place.

You won't mind the decrease in income because you'll have your baby.

You won't mind struggling for space because you'll have your baby.

It's not that people don't have these issues, it's just that they don't seem so important because they have a child.

You'll figure things out ;)

Last edited:
god i wish i was organised and worried ! first unplanned baby for me, living with my mum, my fiance and my brother in a 3 bedroom house! id do anything to be in your situation with my own house x

OK here goes hun...

baby is recommended by government advice to stay in with you in your room for the first 6 months of its life. Thats the recommendation what you do it up to you. I am one of lifes worries so yes I understand that you are scared. But you are scared of the unknown nothing that other people dont go through to some extent.

My OH's sisters situation...had 2 mc fell pregnant went to sell 1 bed house for 2 bed, her partner had lied and didnt have savings so they had to have baby in 1 bed house, then he left when baby was 6 weeks old!!! Everything is fine now and she is happy so is baby and the OH is back. She is on full maternity pay until 6 mnths she can take a further 2 months I think unpaid. You will get through it it will be fine and about the best thing I have ever done. I am sure your 10 yr old will adjust whatever the situation and love your baby as much as you will. All the best darlin from one worrier to another xxx
ps there is a government scheme on new build properties for "need housing" where you buy a house at a percentage...you get more house for your money at first you get longer to pay the extra over time xxx

thanks all!!! i know i worry about everything lol, i do own my own house, but with things the way it is at the moment with the recession, i will be staying put, plus my mortgage is really cheap for cornwall, so really have to stay here at least for a couple of years more. Thanks for all your opinions, when you hear that other people worry and struggle, it brings it home that i am just human!!
Now the hard part trying to get pregnant lol

Angela xxxx

Angela I was totally the same when we started thinking about sprogging up but just decided when it happens I will change my dining room into a nursery untill we can move, not perfect but we will make it work. There's never a right time, there will always be a reason not to have a baby whether it's my house is too small or I want to be more financially secure or whatever. You will cope. How many people get pregnant accidentally and they deal with these issues as they have no choice, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Is there anyway you can put up a small partition room in either your ten year olds room or yours? It only has to be big enough for a cot for the first bit untill u can move

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back