Upgrading Car, three kids, whats everyone got?

chickadee1976

Reaction score
We need a new car with enogh room for a ten year old, an eight year old in a booster seat and the baby seat.
I want them to have enough room to be comfy, not all squashed in, a big boot and 5 doors.

We will be spending about £3000.00 any ideas.

a new car for £3k?

I'm sorry hun I think you'll be hard pushed to buy a new car for that price - you might want to consider second hand

My older sister has a Renault Megane Scenic. She has 3 kids, all under the age of 4. The back seats are similar to the front ones, if you know what i mean. They move independantly. The boot space is huge!!! She absolutely loves it!!!

I have a citroen picasso and have loads of room. I have a 9yr old in a booster also a 7yr old in a booster and a 4mth old in a car seat.

chickadee1976 said:
We need a new car with enogh room for a ten year old, an eight year old in a booster seat and the baby seat.
I want them to have enough room to be comfy, not all squashed in, a big boot and 5 doors.

We will be spending about £3000.00 any ideas.

you'll be alright with any car. You only really need a people carrier with 4 + kids. Before i had my 4th we just used the cars we had which were a fiesta and a sierra.
There is no more room in a people carrier than a normal saloon. Infact there is less boot space.
I would advise just getting a normal size car. Loads more boot space then but plenty of room still for the kids.

When you buy whatever you get consider how much road tax you will have to pay with the new legislation- the bigger the car the more tax you'll end up paying xxx

thats a good point too jade.
Got to think of the environment too. Smaller car less crap in the air. I hate the fact i have a big car. But i can't help but have it :(

Nicola g said:
I have a citroen picasso and have loads of room. I have a 9yr old in a booster also a 7yr old in a booster and a 4mth old in a car seat.

im changing my car as my pram doesnt fit in my boot, i have the silvercross freeway

i was looking at maybe a picasso or scenic, how big are the boots on the picasso's? my pram has a seperate carrycot and is quite big, do you think it would fit?

we are planning on having more children so id like a car that i can keep a few yrs and not need to change again when the family gets bigger

any more ideas?

We have been looking for an estate since found out I was pregnant cause we have a dog who comes to work with us and have brought a jane slalom pro pushchair so need plenty of boot space, we also go up country a fair bit to visit family so need room for all our stuff too, we have just put a deposit down on an astra estate not new but 05 plate it has loads of room for our needs, it depends how much boot space you need but if its alot Id recommend it! Alot of the newer style estates now seem to have hardly any space in boot with back window being so slanted which makes the extra money your paying for an estate totally pointless if you dont need a huge boot alot of hatch backs have a nice size boot on them I have a older shape astra hatch back, its good on fuel consumption, has a good sized boot and a fair amount of room in back and is a very reliable car if it wasnt for my dog I wouldn't be selling it!

we have got a Citroen Berlingo. It is brilliant. not much to look at though. I think that it is classed as a van though. but it is a car and insurance is very cheap. i think that our road tax is about £170 for the year. we have a diesel as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back