Not sure what to think !

eliviasmummy

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I've only just signed up on here so thought i would post a thread and see if anyone can reassure me!

I'm 22 years old and just got married, i have a 2 year old girl from a previous relationship. My new husband and I havent been using contraception now for about 5 months but only had what they call " regular sex" for one month as my hubby is in the RAF and we have only just moved back in together...so do we say we have been trying for 5 months or just 1?

Should I be worried that nothing has happened yet? I didn't even try with my daughter so I have no idea how long it would have taken with her?

Is anyone having the same problems, or have any tips etc

Thea

If you've had a child before I wouldn't worry too much hun, you need to have regular sex for six months before a doctor will even check you over so i'd relax and try and get some more nooki in ;) good luck xxx

Thanks for the reply hun :) i'm a worrying sort of person and because my hubby hasnt got a child of his own we both really want it badly now! good luck to you too xx

Thanks for the reply hun :) i'm a worrying sort of person and because my hubby hasnt got a child of his own we both really want it badly now! good luck to you too xx

you're preaching to the choir hun i'm worrying all the time cause me and my fiance are both young niether of us have any children and we've been trying for nearly nine months so i'm worried as hell! xxx

It can take up to 12 months to get pregnant even if you are perfectly healthy so I wouldn't worry. what contraceptive were you using before? it can take several months for your cycle to get back to normal if you were on the pill, injection, implant etc.

Hope this helps :)

Even though we haven't been able to try properly for 5 months i still feel so fustrated as i was on the pill when i fell pregnant before so i thought it would be easy peasy if i actually tried to get pregnant! doesnt life bum you out sometimes! however my best friend was exactly the same as you an your fiance, but she was trying for 13 months then got a fertility monitor and she was pregnant that month! i would get one but not sure if i could face the stress of all the testing xxx

hi steph,

Thanks for that:) i have heard that but just wasnt sure if i should count the months where we could only "try" at weekends? we were using condoms so i know its not the contraception thing thats effecting me :) xx

It's all about catching your ovulation time, you can buy ovulation predictor kits online or from the chemist. They do help a lot of people work out their fertile times of the month - women only have a few fertile days each month. It's not as easy to get pregnant as people might think, especially if you got a surprise baby first time :hug:

thanks princess, i've read about it and have tried the sticks before but i felt pressurised, although i could see myself using them in a few months if no joy! congrats by the way, i loved being pregnant :) xx

I just feel like OPKs would give me false hope, they cost money and I wouldn't know how to use them so i'm avoiding them at all costss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back