Not sure this LO will wait until 24th Oct!

Laura_C

Reaction score
Was having very regular tightenings all evening last night, for over an hour they were coming every 3-5mins and lasting 45-70 secs. Carried on all night, settled a little whilst in the bath but started up again once I was out. Getting pressure in my pelvis and round the front, had period pain all day too. Triage thinks it's probably early labour, I had this for 5 days with Grace!! I'm now pretty useless, can't do anything! Still getting tightenings this morning but seems a little less intense when I rest so thinking it's just strong BH. Baby still moving between tightenings. Not too painful just uncomfortable but because I'm supposed to be having a c section not sure when I should go in?!

When you know that they're contractions and you know you're in labour Id say go in. Does that make sense? At the moment you can probably tell thats its not the real thing but probably things getting ready, like you say, early labour.

How exciting though! Hopefully if things kick off you can get to the hospital and it'll all still be nice and calm :)

Oh gosh Hun!!!! How exciting!! I'd see how you go over the next few hours and ring again! Did you tell triage you're booked for a section?xx

sounds like things r getting ready hun xxxx

Yeah told them about section although the midwife asked if I'd changed my mind now I was potentially in early labour and wanted a vaginal delivery?! I don't think my consultant would be too happy about that! I had to stress I've already had two sections and my last was only 10 months ago and my consultant didn't really want me labouring. She said if my scar area becomes tender I need to get checked. It's the pressure I'm my pelvis that's worrying me at the min - still getting tightening but I wouldn't call them proper contractions yet. Hard to tell as Grace was posterior and this one isn't so I feel less pain this time than I did with her so just sort of seeing how it goes. Some were quite nippy last night!

I'm just gonna finish the last of my washing and double check my hospital bag and just get ready just in case. I've had no blood loss, had a little mucousy discharge this morning but not lost plug. I think she is definitely making a move, I can feel her really engaging, her head feels so low so don't think I'll last until 24th unless this all tails of completely!

Try and relax as much as u can.. get ur feet up.. maybe a nice bath :) hopefully theyll do whats best for you.. do u want a section? do u think theyll do it today if u go into full labour??

If I go into established labour then I've been told it'll be an emergency section. It's not really a case of whether I want a section really, been told it's too risky to labour and I also have a gynae condition that meant I would of had to have an elective this time anyway. They think the risk of uterine rupture is too high, midwife didn't know my history which was why she asked if I wanted to try a vaginal delivery - think my consultant would have a fit! I'd have to have further surgery if I had a vaginal delivery so either way I would need surgery - my consultant said at least with a c section they know what they are dealing with, more predictable.

I just want her to stay put until 24th as I've made plans now! Although if she's on her way then we'll deal with it and it's incredibly exciting. Just wanted one birth that was not an emergency situation!

:hug: sorry to hear baby seems to be rushing it all for you! so a natural delivery would never be an option for you? :( i hope baby stays put til ur due ur section hun.. must be hard to have to rush about for an emergency section all the time.. be nice for you to have a nice relaxed calm birth :hug:

I laboured with my daughter as my condition hadn't been diagnosed, although I had it. She became distressed after 20 hours of established labour, had slow early labour for 5 days before this and I also didn't progress at all in 20 hours. They tried everything! Then with my son, I had my diagnosis by this point and considered a normal delivery but my consultant advised against it. As it happens I had to have an emergency section as he was seriously ill at 30 weeks and they had to get him out ASAP - he died 2 days later. They wouldnt let me have a normal delivery with him anyway as he was so full of fluid they said he would get stuck in the birth canal and he wouldn't survive labour. C section was his best chance of survival at that stage, he was just too poorly by the time they caught it :(

So obviously im anxious that this LO comes in the safest possible way, cant risk losing her too...

omg.. im so sorry to hear that babe.. must be such a tough time for you right now :hug:
wishing you all the best in the world hun for the safe delivery of your little girl.. :hug: i dont know what to say :(

Thanks hun, just read your thread, sounds like this LO is giving you some jip! Sounds like your LO may be here sooner rather than later! Good luck with everything sweetie :)

I'm just so anxious that I need her delivery to go without a hitch, if I'm worried at all I'm getting straight down to hospital. Def won't hang around xxx

Bless you - it's all exciting and worrying all at once. I hope LO waits until 24th, but, if not, get the c-section the consultant has advised when you need it. I'm sending good luck vibes and hope it all goes smoothly xxxx

im praying everything will go as smoothly as possible for you.. ur such a strong woman :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back