Not getting married

I to am a married lady, so prob shouldnt reply!
But before I met hubby I was adament I wasnt going to get married, said it was pointless and I would just settle to be in a relationship! Names or anything didnt really bother me!

When I met my now hubby I told him my views, but he soon turned me round,
now we are married I do see it as more then just a bit of paper,
ok as a 'Unmarried' you can have joint bank accounts etc but I have found so many advantages with having that lil bit paper!

As someone esle said your wedding day can be as expensive or as cheap as you like! I had a huge wedding day but on a very small budget!

saying that I do respect those that chose to live in 'sin' :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

we were for some months but decide to marry afterwards.... How about civil weddings for you guys? It isn't that expensive. :dance:

Also, as what was mentioned earlier- it gives you security and a strong ground of possession(of your husband, LOL).

Issues on chaging names-- you don't have to change it if you don't want to. simply submit a request for a change status without the change of name. That's how it works here(Phil).

Magic Monkey said:
Also, if you don't wnat to get married beacuse of the fuss, why not just go to a registry office and do it? Friends of mine got married, took just their children and went to Pizza Hut afterwards! Then told everyone else in passing at a later date!

Thats how I wanted ours to go. We did ours on a budget. Parents paid for the wine and the meal and we only had 22 guests (which were mainly family) and my uncle did the photographs. And G's mum knew a lady who made gorgeous cakes for about £40.
We did registry office, then to the hotel, where we didn't book a room, but they gave us a corner of the restaurant. And as we got married on a monday the place was empty.
I always said i didn't want the piece of paper, but when i fell pregnant the first time i wanted it so much.
Sorry to jump in on the thread, but the registry office followed by weatherspoons/pizza hut would've rocked haha.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back