No yolk sac on 5 week scan?

GEH

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Has anyone has a scan at 5 weeks and only seen a sac, but gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

I thought I was 6 weeks but periods messed up due to still breastfeeding. Sonographer yesterday said only 5 weeks and saw 'good shape' sac but it was empty, couldn't see yolk etc. Said could be sign of misc or too early too see and wants me back in two weeks !

Feel like should see a yolk sac at 5 weeks? With my little one we saw a yolk sac a little over 4 weeks.

Any advice appreciated as feeling very stressed just waiting to see x

Try not to worry......Five weeks is very early to see anything at all! You were lucky to have seen a sac to be honest! The yolk should be present by 5+5. With my last pg, scan at 5+4 showed empty sac. Scan at 5+6 showed fetal pole, yolk and even a heartbeat. This time, scan at 5+3 showed just a sac, and two weeks later, a little baby with hb! Things change so quickly in those early days, you have plenty of time yet :) good luck! Xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I had a scan at 4, 5, and 6 weeks and only saw something on the 6 weeks one with a heartbeat. Wouldn't worry easier said than done! Fingers crossed for 2 weeks time :)

yep I had exactly the same thing at 5 weeks. An empty sac but it turned out baby was too small to see and the bean with a hb was there a week later. Baba is growing just fine now.

Hi hun. I had a scan about 7 weeks and had just a sac. Was told it was a blighted ovum and I would miscarry. They had to rescan me 2 weeks later before I could have an erpc their guidelines or sommat. At a rescan 8 days later there was a baby with a good strong heart beat. And he is now. Very loud 5 month old lol. He implanted early but was a slow starter with growing. Have faith and keep strong xxx

Hi hun. I had a scan about 7 weeks and had just a sac. Was told it was a blighted ovum and I would miscarry. They had to rescan me 2 weeks later before I could have an erpc their guidelines or sommat. At a rescan 8 days later there was a baby with a good strong heart beat. And he is now. Very loud 5 month old lol. He implanted early but was a slow starter with growing. Have faith and keep strong xxx

Wow! This is is amazing. I had a blighted ovum a few years ago and, as I was already 8weeks I pretty much knew the outcome, but I wondered if things like this ever happened to people, so it is so lovely to know your story had a happy ending :) xxxxxxx

Oh wow, thank you all. Lots of positive stories!

Lilmiss I remember your story from when I was pg with my little boy and looking in other tris. Huge congratulations.

Keeping my fingers crossed this one stays too xx

Try not to worry too much, it's very early, i think they should see it all next time x

I had an early scan at 5+5 last time and I remember being told that was the earlier the would even bother doing a scan because there is no point any earlier because it doesn't give any reassurance as it'd just too early to see anything before that! They did see a tiny fetal pole on mine but like I said that was 5 days ahead of you. I know it's worrying hun but try not to worry it is just so early. Are they re scanning you next week? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back