No urine samples as yet?

berit87

Reaction score
Right... As you can see I am 33+1 but I have not given a single urine sample yet... Has that been the case for anyone else? My MW asked me to do it once, I had been drinking before the appointment etc but then I had to wait for my MW for 55 minutes so by the time I got in I obviously had done a wee already so couldn't do it when I saw her... She just told me not to worry about it as it's not that big of a thing and she is not worried... Should I be worried?! :eh:

random! ive done like 3 and im only 15 weeks lol i guess its just routine in different areas x

:eh:

I have to take a sample everytime. And I have to take a bottle home and do it first thing in the morning on the day of the appointment. Not sure if this is just my midwife or my area or something...but how would she know if you develop gestational diabetes or preeclampsia or a UTI??

I have had to do one since my 1st antenatal appointment and I take one with me each time that they check xx

When is your next appt berit87?????? If its within a week - I wouldn't worry - just make sure you take one then!!

Also, just check the toilet - make sure there is nothing that shouldn't be there - colour / smell / burning - if so ring the MW or Hosp straight away...

I would worry about it, you don't want to add any more stress - just be more aware! But def take one next time sweetie!!!
xxxx

Thanks girls! My next appointment is on Tuesday so I shall try and hold my wee then (providing it won't run an hour late again :mad:)
I haven't felt anything weird, I wee a lot and it has felt normal I think... I have give blood twice as well for diabetes so am not worried about that... Best to chec for other things though... FIngers crossed I will get it done next week or I might not get one at all before giving birth lol x

I don't think it has to be fresh wee - I normally do mine at home before I go in - that seems to be fine! Do you have one of those pots? Just do it before you go, it must be uncomfortable to hold your wee in - plus I don't think its good foryou to hold your wee in!!!

Hope all goes well tomorrow xx

I have to take one to every appointment with me, and they gave me the bottle to keep. Do you see your mw in your drs? If you ask at reception when you arrive, they should be able to give you a sample bottle to fill while you wait.

I wouldn't worry though, if you've been having blood tests there's obviously nothing wrong.

I've had to wee on demand for the everything appointment for the last 9 months lol! I've got used to drinking lots of water before my appointments now but do still find it difficult if it's a morning appointment because I'm always half asleep when I get up and just straight to the loo before thinking oops, the midwife wanted that lol!

I have to provide a sample from that morning everytime I go in... that's strange! Have you asked her about it?

yeah mine has to be a fasting urine sample, so I have to pee in my pot at home as soon as I wake up then I can have breakfast. I really wouldnt be able to hold it for someone elses say so!

i have to bring one with me everytime. They prefer if i do it in the morning but i dont always do that as i forgett. Get a pot from your GP and bring with you x

I have seen both my GP and MW and neither of them has really been that bothered. I had the same MW with Brandon as well so I know she is good etc but just... Thought it might be a little strange that I am getting towards the end of my pregnancy and I haven't given a single wee sample, lol. MW has asked me when I have been there but they always bloody run late and once I get in they want me out quickly so hasn't really worked out...

Thanks for your advice though ladies, I shall ask when I go on the 11th. xxx

When you next see your MW I would ask her for a couple of wee pots. It's so much easier than having to wee on demand, especially if your bladder is misbehaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back