urine samples!!

neeko_1

Reaction score
hey

at my app i don't get my urine tested... i've had it once and that was at my 12 week app!

i had my check up the other day and the doc asked for one, i explained to her that my midwife said there is no need for one anymore, and i should be fine... the doc looked confused but not worried!!

should i be getting my urine tested all the time and what happens if i have protein of something?

although when i had really bad SPD the doctor test my urine and said it was fine and that was when i was 36 weeks.

i get sampled every time! i'd be a little concerned if i didnt, especially as one time they did find some protein... can u request that they check it?
:hug:

I get my urine tested at every appointment. The urine tests are necessary to check for protein, and the presence of protein could indicate bacterial infection, pre-eclampsia and/or diabetes.

You should be providing a sample of urine each time you have a m/w appointment, or a doc appointment concerning your pregnancy.
It's surprising what they can tell you from a urine sample concerning your health.

You should be having it tested at every appointment. How strange that your MW doesnt think you need to do it :think:
I would just take a sample at all your next appointments and say " here is a sample", if she doesnt test it, just tell her your doctor asked why she doesnt and has requested it to be tested. Its not as if it takes much time, all she has to do is dip it and look at it.

I've had mine tested every appointment with the GP, MW or Consultant.

It's an important part of the ante natal checks. By a simple dip stick test they can see if you have protein, too much sugar or an infection.

I'm surprised they don't do it for you Neeko. Although I heard another lady say today that she'd never had it done either. :roll: So it must depend on your midwife.

thats wierd , i always have had mine done, think youshould ask about that, wonder why?

i get mine done each time also.

you really should be having yours tested hun

I have mine tested at every antenatal. I would insist on it as it can tell the midwife a lot from the sample you provide. On your maternity notes it should have a column for urine sample results that they have to write in each visit.

yes you should always be tested at each visit. this is part of the checks that your mw is meant to do! if there is protein in your sample it can be a sign of pre-eclampsia which if left undetected can be fatal!!! i'm sure this is not a problem in your pregnancy as you've said but the mw should still be checking it!!!!

lisa xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back