No poo

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Isla hasn't pooed for nearly 48 hours...she has alot of wind coming out that end but no poo yet! Doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. Should I be worried?

I wouldn't worry Hun your still breastfeeding aren't you? Tegan only goes once every 3 days xx

My hv said it's normal for bf babies not to go for a week!!

Charley goes about twice a day too! Try her with some cooled boiled water x.

if your worried , try cool boiled water also baby massage helps and what I found with aoibheann was to lay her on her back and gently pedal her legs(HV advised it as she has bowel problems and often got constipated)

My Isla hadn't been for two days and had two yesterday and some skids as well. X

She still hasn't been and I'm getting worried...surely she wouldn't just go from pooing 2-3 times a day to suddenly not going for 3 days!?

I've given her some cool boiled water this evening so hopefully that will help. She's not trying to go - just lots of farts!

Exactly how long do you leave it before it becomes a real problem?

o would say up to a week if she isnt in any discomfort x

donovan used to have a bit of poo in every nappy for first 4-5 weeks then all of a sudden he didnt go for three days and ever since has only gone maybe once a day or quite often only once every two days... i think its just part of their systems developing xx

Has isla been yet? come tomorrow Tegan has Not had a Poo for 7 days so i'll be calling the doctors x

Alanna went a couple days without going, then once a day, then back to after every feed now Lol. But she is on a med that speeds up her digestive system.

I will say.. when she didnt go for a couple days.. then finally did.. her nappy has never been so full!

I took her in a warm bath with me and gave her tummy rubs, had her floating on her back and tummy etc and half an hour after she went.

Has isla been yet? come tomorrow Tegan has Not had a Poo for 7 days so i'll be calling the doctors x

Yes! She finally went at 3am this morning! Wasn't the usual colour or consistency but hopefully it will return to normal on the next one!

7 days! Is she trying to go or no sign?

Yes! She finally went at 3am this morning! Wasn't the usual colour or consistency but hopefully it will return to normal on the next one!

7 days! Is she trying to go or no sign?

She's just had the biggest Poo ever! she filled one Nappy i changed it then she filled another x

No poo again...it will be 1 week tomorrow.... Isla has been straining a bit today but nothing yet.

I know bf babies can go a few days without going but I can't help but worry.

i get worried after a week i have started giving amelia water or eak baby juice daily to help keep her hydratred and it seems to help her bowels x

She finally went in the middle of the night!

I have given her water before so think I will do that every now and again too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back