Infacol

beckyboo1

Reaction score
Maybe it's just a coincidence but we started Harry on infacol on Thursday and yesterday and last night he seems constipated

Obviously he has wind problems hence the infacol but hasn't struggled to pop but yesterday he just did 2 poos in yuck succession in the morning and hasn't pooed since

He seems to be straining quite a bit too although the infacol does seem to have settled him a bit

Should I be worried about the lack of pop? He still does plenty of wet nappies?

On a positive note he just slept from 2am til 6.15am. Woo hoo x

I don't think it's common for breastfed babies to get constipated hun. But if you are really worried you could take him to the GP?

Glad he slept that long, that's great. I want to go back to those days :(

I'm not too worried It's the hubby that is. God that makeshift sound bad!

Going to see how he gets on this morn as it was around 11ish yesterday when he had a good clear out and filled his nappy!

Just don't like seeing him straining

My baby is bottle feed but is on inficol and I've found he has a day were he didn't poo at all then a day were he never seems to stop not sure if it's that or just him lol and just to add I'm so chuffed he slept from 11pm till 6:45am

The doc told me the other day that it's not uncommon for a bf baby to go a couple of days without a dirty nappy. Xxx

i was told by my HV that up to 10 days with no poo is normal for BF babies!!! xxxxx

Ok thought I'd read someone saying it wasn't uncommon just hate to see him struggling

Does anyone have any tips to help
Him?

I've been gently rubbing his tummy in a downward direction in the hope it might
Move things along

The doc told me the other day that it's not uncommon for a bf baby to go a couple of days without a dirty nappy. Xxx

I was told this too. Cos breast milk has very little waste product so there's less poo. If you are missing having dirty nappies I can always bring over some of Albert's :D

yeah and its cause Breastmilk is so well absorbed by the body :) (same as what bb said really)

i agree, i have plenty of Max's that can be available on request ;)

oh and yay for the good sleep :D

I'm ok with just wet nappies thanks. I just hate seeing the little man strain x

Yeah I know what you mean, watching my baby turn from super cute to bright red and looking like a tortoise is a bit distressing

ive always been told to try cooled boiled water but if you're BF i dont now whether you wanna introduce a bottle xxxxx

He's managed to do a little bit of poo now so feel a bit better. There's def more in there but I guess it'll come on its own!!

I'm ok with just wet nappies thanks. I just hate seeing the little man strain x

Are you sure he's straining to do a poo?

My LO struggles and grunts all day long and writhes about. I just assumed that was what they did lol

breast fed babies can go a while with out going for a poo james is ff and goes sometimes twice a day lol dont worry infcol can cause a slight bit of constipation but will resolve its self soon also make sure you continue to give every feed as it can take upto 7 days for it to take effect and needs to be used every feed if you miss one it can cause him not to bring his wind up well again xx

When I see LO straining I whipped the nappy off and hold his legs up to his belly so they're bent. It helps open his bum up. he only goes once a day. I'm bf and ff but he's mainly formula now.

Evie has a cracking poo face! I think all babies strain a bit. As long as it's wetish when it arrives and not like rabbit droppings then I think it's ok. E is on Infacol and sometimes she goes every other day, but today she's been twice!

I won't worry then. Yep consistency is as it should be

Only thing that made methinks he was struggling was it wasn't his usual wriggling face and he started to get upset which is unlike him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back