Pooing

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Orlando hasn't had a poo for 24 hours. Is that bad? Seeing mw at 12 so will mention it to her. He is feeding well and is peeing ok. He is very settled to and doesn't seem to be in discomfort!

Leandro did thhat and hv told us it was ok but if he doesn't for over 24 hours give him an ounce or 2 of water and that did the trick xxx

we were told not to worry as our LO hadn't gone in over 24hrs, our HV said if they don't go within a week :shock: then to take them to the dr, but can give an oz of water to help them move along.

My Lo pooed as I gave birth to him and it was a huge load of muconium, he obviously didn't need to go again for awhile as he didn't do another poo of muconium for 2 whole days after he was born, then after that he didn't poo again for 5 days, mw said it was nothing to worry about as it just meant he needed every ounce of my milk and there was no waste, when he did his next poo it was the bright green stuff and there was a lot, since then he poos at least twice a day. I wouldn't worry while he is still so new as his system is just settling down and probably using up every drop of milk, but be warned when he does go boy those first few are humdingers lol!!!

tbh i'd only be concerned if its more than 48hrs w/out a poo. Remember those first few days they dont eat much. Dont worry, the poo explosions will come soon....

:eh:

Just seen mw and she told us to do the water thing in his feed!

Hey hun I posted about the exact same thing last night....then oh put LO in the bath and there was poo everywhere lol! Think the warm water helped! Wasn't pleasant emptying the bath though lol x

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Yeah Phoebe can sometimes go a day without pooing.
She quite regularly goes a whole day without going. Which formula have you got Orlando on? I was giving Phoebe Aptimil but because she regularly suffers with constipation and has colic I changed her to Aptimil comfort which is an anti colic and constipation formula, it's worked wonders!
I also find a warm bath helps and I'll give her an oz of boiled water every now and again.
If he goes longer than 24hours though I'd contact your midwife or health visitor though xx

Orlando is having cow and gate. Will try the warm bath thing too thanks

some baby massages help with poo (although maybe not at such a young age), cycling legs, warm bath

Just to report the extra ounce of water in his bottle worked and he has pooed 3 times tonight lol OH just had one all up his back and down his leg ha ha

Aw bless him! Glad he's been Hun! There's always something to worry about with them :) xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I also think formula babies don't poo as often - my baby is breastfed and could go up to 4 times a day before he started solids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back