Newborn and wipes

CrazyChic

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

It feels so long since I've had a newborn (nearly 7 years) is it still frowned upon to use baby wipes staight away with a newborn?

I've brought a few boxes of aldi sensitive wipes in the baby event, but was going to get some water wipes for the early days.

Just wondered whats done now a days

Xx

I honestly think it depends on the individual baby and the sensitivity of their skin. I tried using wipes with my son and it gave him such a sore bottom that it bled. At work I’ve seen babies suffer the same, but equally have seen some totally unaffected by their usage.
I would suggest using cotton wool/water at home and wipes whilst out and about.

We’re going to use resusble wipes (ones you can put in the washing machine) and warm water I think. I have sensitive skin myself so wouldn’t want to risk anything like that on Gilly just in case.

Im using water wipes for few months and then move onto other brands. We've never had any problems.

I use cotton pads (like the ones you remove make up with, only bigger) and cleansing milk. My DD2 would get all red when I would use the wipes. I stopped using them on day 2 and never looked back. She never had any issues with the cleansing milk or the micellar water. It's sometimes easier to use the water on poo since it's so sticky in the beginning and then the milk. I have had different brands and all have done the job.x

We’re going to use resusble wipes (ones you can put in the washing machine) and warm water I think. I have sensitive skin myself so wouldn’t want to risk anything like that on Gilly just in case.
Same - cheeky wipes here we come!

I plan on using reusable wipes too, but I do have a pack of Asda newborn sensitive wipes for in my hospital bag and probably with have them in my changing bag for when out and about. I do have the bags from cheeky wipes for taking the reusable ones out in your changing bag so will just see how we get on.

I’ve been using water wipes for the last two weeks (since birth) and cheeky wipes reuseables x

I’m a big fan of cheeky wipes too and the Aldi wipes are my fave for when they’re older!

I’ve always used sensitive baby wipes from birth with my 3, and will do with this one. I’ve never had any comments about it.

I’ve been using water wipes, tried Asda sensitive but it ended up giving them both a red bum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back