Baby Wipes

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hi i have been using baby wipes (pampers sensitive) to use for frankie as sometimes when she is dirty using the cotton balls and boiled water isnt always sufficient in trying to clean her up i know you should try and avoid using wipes as they can be a bit harsh on there skin so i was wondering if anyone else ever use's them or just sticks with the cotton balls and boiled water?

i used cotton wool and water for the first 3 weeks, now i use baby wipes.

xx

I used cotton wool and water till Damien was 4 weeks old - their skin can handle things better after a month old.

Blimey, how things have changed in 13 years!!!!

When I was in hospital and my daughter did THAT first poo, a midwife saw me struggling with the cotton balls and came over with a pack of wipes. She told me it was okay to use them, so I chucked the cotton balls away and used the wipes. She didn't get any problems with her skin, and I used terry nappies until she was 6 months old.

Saying that though, there was no sensitive washing powder or fabric conditioner then either. All of Kayleigh's nappies and clothes were washed in Daz (not non-bio, just normal Daz to keep them white), with the local supermarkets conditioner and she was okay. No ecxma (sp?) or anything.

I do sometimes think that it is no wonder that these things (asthma, ecxma and allergies) are increasing when we really do bubble-wrap our children when they are young. I don't want to start a war with that last comment as I know we all want the very best for our kids, it's just my opinion. :lol:

I was given baby wipes in hospital and the midwives always used them on Rubie (I was too ill to change her). So I never used cotton wool. Rubie has never ever been sore. I think if your baby will be sore, then they will be sore, whatever you wipe them with. I don't use the sensitive ones either, just normal ones and she is fine.

LOL Tankett - WELL I THINK!!... Only joking :lol:

I only did it as it was routine for prems and all that malarky - they told me to keep going till he was at his due date but i gave up because I'm lazy in all honesty. He has never had nappy rash from using them.

Oh and Tankett - I have asthma, hayfever, eczema etc and I think if Damo gets it then he gets it - not coz I used this, that and the other for him...so I do agree with you.

i used baby wipes from birth, they do a better job and i never had any problems. I used the huggies sensitive (i think) wipes which say they are just like cotton wool and water

The midwives at hospital told me to use cotton wool and water untill Jess was 6 weeks but im using wipes now as its so much quicker and it cleans her better. I also use shampoo on her and baby bath. I would not bath myself in just plain water so im not gonna bath my daughter in it.

Lauz_1601 said:
i used baby wipes from birth, they do a better job and i never had any problems. I used the huggies sensitive (i think) wipes which say they are just like cotton wool and water

Same here, my hospital told me it was OK to use wipes.

yep HRI used baby wipes on Charlotte too for the first couple of nappies, whilst i was still shaking violently from morphine!!!
whilst charlotte had a bt of a sore bum i just used water and cotton wool, but otherwise wipes have seemed fine for Charlie. I too have asthma, excema and multiples of allergies, so wonder if she will too?

I have used sensitive wipes on Naomi since first off, though the midwives and HV and paediatrician have all told me they don't recommend them. Apparently the alcohol in them contributes to nappy rash. However, Naomi hasn't had nappy rash except for a little red bum once while she was constipated, during which time I used the cotton wool/water. I am wondering about changing now though, she's put on a bit of weight and the folds are harder to clean, plus I'm afraid of leaving any kind of residue from the wipes in the little folds around there.

Sue

Hi

Ive only used wipes, ive honestly never heard of using cotton balls and water until now???? wierd, guess you elarn somthing new everyday... too llate now though and Kiara has had no problems anyways.
Katrina

I used the cotton wool and water until one day I was fighting with a meconium poo nappy which you needed a scouring pad to get it off and thought sod it. I use the simple wipes now, much easier and quicker x

Hi

I used cotton wool and water for the first week or so then after a mamouth pooh I busted the wipes out. I had been buying them while I was pg every week when I did my online shop so I had loads and I always bought the ones that were on special ie-buy one get one free. I have never tried tesco's own make though, I always got huggies or pampers or johnsons.

After I use the wipes I always dry Isaac with a muslin because I think the wipes leave him uncomfortably moist. Especially in his creases! And I keep the packet near the radiator so they aren't freezing cold.

Not too keen on the huggies wipes. They are so thick! Its like using a flannel.

Lou :)

I'm pleased I didn't start a row saying that I used wipes from the beginning!! :wink: I think I'm going to find it so hard this time around as things have changed so much in 13 years.

Lou, I have been doing exactly the same as you did. I already have 8 packs of wipes (BOGOF), and 4 packs of newborn nappies (2 for a tenner). All from Tesco.com!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back