New to TTC

Helllllppppppppp! ive been trying since september and no joy yet!

Hi !

Thanks for the replies, its so nice to hear other people's experiences and, like others have already said, to know I'm not alone.

I'll wait and see how long it takes for AF to arrive then go from there.

Also going to get a Basal thermometer - can anyone recommend a good brand? I've seen quite a few for sale (brand new, sealed) on Ebay but haven't a clue if one is better than the other.

Thanks
Lucy

Hey Kath/Jo

I tested this morning and get BFN AGAIN!! Still not convinced though, I feel so 'different' and still no AF (on day 28 tomorrow). Today I had severe CM, sort of white-ish sticky, and lots of it sorry if TMI!!! Anyone help me out here on what that could mean?

Welcome to our group Kylie!!

Kim xx

Hi girls & welcome Kylie!

Don't worry about the BFN Kim - I'd wait a few more days & test again if I were you - like I said before, I keep reading on here that a lot of women get negatives if it's really close to their period due date, only to get a positive a week or so later, so don't give up hope just yet! I'm afraid I'm not sure about the CM - that's one thing I haven't really got to grips with yet!!

I'm still feeling weird too even though the nausea seems to have completely gone - desperately trying not to get my hopes up - can't test till at LEAST 21st April really - argh!!!!!!!! I'm several days past what I think was my ovulation & still over a week away from dreaded period - that awful inbetween stage!! I had some lower left side cramping today - bit like ovulation or period pains - god knows what that's all about??!!

Lucy - not sure how much the thermometers are that you're looking at but I bought one from Boots last year - THINK it was a tenner - could be wrong though - it worked fine. I think they're pretty much all the same - there's just a wide range to confuse us, like the ovulation kits & pregnancy tests - all designed to make us keep trying different brands & spending even more money eh?!

Kath.
XXXXXXXXX

Hi Kath

I really feel for you being 9 days from your AF due date. I know what it's like and don't know if I can face another month of it if I am not PG. It makes me want to give up, but I can't, it's like an insane obsession!!

Kim xx

Hi sparkols, i have been ttc since september time, its just so dissapointing each month,i honestly thought it wld happen to me in the first few months (it doesnt help that my friends all fell within 2 months)
ive brought endless tests and kits with no joy. i cant be doing anything wrong!!!

luv Kylie x x x

HI kath, i have been ttc since september time, its just so dissapointing each month,i honestly thought it wld happen to me in the first few months (it doesnt help that my friends all fell within 2 months)
ive brought endless tests and kits with no joy. i cant be doing anything wrong!!!

luv Kylie x x x

Hi Kylie & Kim!

I know how you feel - it's soooooooooooooooooooo frustrating isn't it? You just assume that once you come off the pill & start TTC properly that it'll happen within a couple of months - god, I can recall months in years gone by when we were wondering if I'd 'caught' when I'd had a stomach bug or forgotten a pill or 2 - how naive eh?!

We really are at the mercy of mother nature at the end of the day - even with all our ov. tests, counting of cycle days, checking of CM, BBT, etc etc etc - it all comes down to luck - argh - I HATE not being able to control & influence things!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm a bit of a control freak usually!)

In all, since I came off the pill, it's been a year & 3 mths since we started TTC but realistically, as a result of various tests & my minor exploratory op & starting the clomid in Feb, I guess it's only really been 3 months where we've stood a fighting chance, so I TRY not to get down about it & think - well, it'll happen in the next 6 mths, but I have really BAD days when I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo negative & over-emotional etc etc etc - poor hubby!!

It doesn't help when you're surrounded by babies either eh?! I've got only 1 friend who's also trying & having problems - everyone else I know - friends, friends of friends, neighbours, wives of hubby's work colleagues, my work colleagues, even the ruddy celebrities, are all s@ddin pregnant or have young babies!!!!!!!!!!!! God, it winds me up sometimes!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sick of buying baby cards & pressies for OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a close friend & 2 close neighbours who are all pushing newborns round at the moment under my nose & although I'm genuinely happy for them, I can't help feeling INCREDIBLY jealous at the same time - they ALL got pregnant quickly as soon as they started trying!! Soooooooooooooooooooo unfair!!!!!!!!!!

I've got 2 close friends (1 of whom I see nearly every day) who have also come off the pill & are TTC at the moment - they both came off in Oct last year but their periods settled down immediately & they're both testing pos. for ovulation every month & I feel like it's only a matter of time before they conceive - I'm ashamed to say that I find myself almost holding my breath waiting to be told their news & I desperately don't want them to get pregnant before me - purely because I don't know how I'd cope - how awful a person does that make me??!! I feel so guilty but I can't help it!!!!

Hubby is fantastically supportive & understanding & we talk about all of this a lot, but I don't think even he can REALLY 'get it' - it's only other TTC women who seem to just know what I mean - do you guys find that??!!

Blimey - how depressing eh?! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's all think positively & keep hanging in there & helping each other stay sane!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kath.
XXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Kath

Bad news :( Got AF this morning.

I'm really upset I thought this was my month...

Kim xx

Oh I'm so sorry Kim - I really feel for you - we've all been there.

I know it's incredibly hard but I guess we just have to pick ourselves up & keep trying eh? I remember last year, month after month, sitting in the bathroom & trying not to cry when the dreaded AF arrived. I used to be in the same boat twice a month cos I could never detect ovulation (prior to the clomid) so I also spent many days sitting in there getting upset about yet another BFN on those kits too - argh!!!!!!!!!!! Every 2 weeks I was a wreck!!!!!!

Everyone says to forget about it & just chill out & effectively stop trying in a way & then it happens but I just can't seem to do that!!

Positive thoughts & lots of good luck - keep going!!!!!!!

Kath.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey! Kath & kim,

Kim, i`m sad to hear your news, although being here myself noone can console you (not even a v.supportive partner.)

As they say we just have to `try,try,try again!!

And Kath i know how your feeling on the other people/friends being pregnant, i too am generally very pleased for them, but later that night i get extremely emoitional and tearful, the same question being `why cant that be me!!!!!!`

I have the sillest thoughts like - Oooo i have my friends 35th b`day party in december, what will i wear (etc) as i will probably be pegnant by then!!!!!!!!!!

How desprate is that !!!!

Luv Kylie x x x

Hi Kylie - you're not being silly - I do exactly the same thing - I need some new summer clothes at the moment & keep thinking 'shall I bother or just save the money so that I can buy maternity stuff instead?!'

I sorted out my wardrobe the other day & came across a few bits & pieces that were too big but I kept thinking 'well if I keep that, it'll come in handy when I'm pregnant?!'

I think the whole obsession extends to so many things - men just don't understand!! (They don't really 'get' our clothes/shoes thing anyway do they??!!)

Each month, I find myself working out roughly when the baby would be due if I've become pregnant & then thinking about various events etc. that are happening during those 9 mths & wondering if I'll be able to go to them & what I'll wear etc!!

We've got a big family wedding in December (hubby's cousin) & the bride wants everyone to wear posh evening clothes, such as DJs for the blokes & posh ball gown type frocks for the women (ruddy cheek!) & already I'm thinking 'what the hell will I wear for that if I'm pregnant - a satin tent??!!' Having said that, I'm still wondering what I'll wear if I'm NOT pregnant!!! However, that doesn't bear thinking about right now - I can't even begin to contemplate the fact that we STILL might not be expecting by the end of the year!!

God, why does it have to be so hard?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXX

Hi Kath

Thanks for your support, it's just what I need right now. I was so convinced this was going to be 'it' that I even told my mum (never normally discuss this type of stuff with her). I had to phone her today and tell her she wasnt going tobe a grandma yet. I felt awful cos I felt I was disappointing her too, but she made me feel better by saying it took her 5 months trying for me (i've been trying 4 months) but also felt worse cos she said she was 15 months trying for my older brother. I would of cracked up by 15 months!!

It just shows though that every time is different. I have vowed to stop smoking and drinking, and have bought some 'pregnacare' tablets, but I can't stop trying, how on earth do you do that???

I'm going to make next month my best go yet, I will drag my partner into that bedroom every day even if it kills me, and I'm going to break it to him tonight that he should stop smoking too.

Mother nature is mean and nasty, not only does she give you AF when you don't want it, she also makes it bloody painful, I feel like I have been kicked in the stomach and back repeatedly grrrr :x

Anyway, rant over, how's eveyone else?

Kim x

Hi everyone

Although I've only just come off the pill and only just embarking on TTC I also worry that it'll take us ages to conceive, just with me starting with a 44 day + (still no AF) cycle - lots of friends/colleagues/family that came off the pill had regular cycles straight away.

I know though that I shouldn't stress because that wont help things!

Babydust to you all

Lucy

Hi All,

I'm new to this site! I came off the pill almost three weeks ago and i'm expecting to be due my af 20th april (unless my cycle is all messed up - which it probably is!!)

Two days after coming off the pill i was spotting and two days after that i had a period for one day. I'm not sue if this is because of the pill or if i could be pg.

since coming off i have had headaches, feel bloated, a little dizzy and have been getting mild twinges and cramps. Just got to wait it out like most other people :?

Vicky xx

Hi All!

Though I'd join you! If any of you have read any of my previous posts about not TTC til October, well thats no longer the case!

I took my last pill on the 13th of this month and am TTC now. Have been on the pill for 9 years, different ones, the last 7 months have been Yasmin.

Haven't a clue what my cycle will be or when I'll get AF - like most of you....

Have only just started my withdrawal bleed from the pill so won't get too excited yet! lol

Angela

Hey Angela

Great to have you join us!! Why the change of heart?

Kim xx

Hello all! I am new to this site and have been reading a lot of the posts you all have made. I am in the same boat as Angela and Vicky. I came off the pill after 7 years and now am TTC. I am expecting AF on Wednesday, April 20th. I have used 2 first response tests (Friday and Sunday) and both came back a BFN. I know I really cannot go by those 2 tests since I have absolutely no idea how my cycles will be if and when they finally come back. About a week ago, I felt certain I was pg ( had all the symptoms you would expect in pgy) but now I feel completely normal...my body is probably laying tricks on me. I have only been TTC for 1 month, but I am already completely and totally obsessed. It is great to see that all of you feel the same way.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to when I should test again since I have no idea what my cycles will be like? I have 2 EPT tests (not another First Response...although I will probably buy one if no AF by Friday).

Good luck to everyone!!!

Hi Everyone

Sorry to hear of the BFNs.

AF showed up on Thursday which I found a relief that my cycles have begun after coming off the pill - that was one massive 46 day cycle.

Looking forward to acting like rabbits this month!

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back