Month after coming off pill??

Bellarina

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Just wanted to ask a general question to any of you that were on the contraceptive pill before TTC.....in your first month after coming off it, how long did it take to get your AF?

I took my last contraceptive pill about 3/4 way through july and came off it then...with AF arriving just after as normal....it lasted usual amount of time, and then we started TTC

By my watch I should have had my AF early this week, but have not had it yet and understand this could be my body adjusting to being off it.....so just wondered what happened to everyone elses cycle after coming off it?

oh and the contraceptive pill i was on was "yasmin"

Thanks girls hope you are all well today xxx

I came off the pill halfway through my pack in June, AF came 2 days later on 12th June.
My next AF came on 11th July and was normal, then on 11th Aug, so mine seem to be pretty regular, which is amazing considering they were all over the place before I went on the pill.
So mine went back to normal straight away.

ah thats really good! i dunno if mine are going to be the same...i felt a bit crampy end of last week but not had anything else to suggest AF except weepies yest, and I think that was because I had BFN but i also get weepy when AF coming xxx

Well heres hoping something happens for you soon! Its awful not knowing what our bodies are playing at! x

thats the thing...i could deal with it if AF came...as id just be on the countdown to ovulation time....but the not knowing is awful....plus iv got a wedding im going to all day tomorrow and the dress im wearing is like a pale dusky pink so im gonna have to take supplies incase as id b mortified if i got caught short xx

Ah nightmare! Maybe put a wee pantyliner on just incase, and bring supplies.
Nothing quite like waiting for AF to show her ugly face.
She's my least fave aunt :(

Hello :) I'm in exactly the same boat!! Finished pill mid July and haven't had proper AF since :( like you I've had mild cramps and also some spotting when AF was due but other than that nothing! I just wish she would come like you- at least we can start counting!! We'll have to get through it together. And I agree with jayjay wear a panty liner maybe tomorrow just in case! I'm avoiding wearing light colours!!
I was on cilest by the way. We're just having sex every couple of days so hopefully I will ovulate at some point!! Hnmm.
Have you guys had any side effects from stopping the pill? Xxxx

I came off my pill September last year and I have not had regular cycles since. When I first came off the pill I could easily go 6 weeks between AFs. They seem to have settled down now and although still not completely regular, they are not out by much- 26 day this month, 33 last month, 28 the month before.

Don't know if this helps any? I was on a diff pill though, whether that would make any difference?

XX

Hiya x I've stopped taking my pill in the last few days, mon was the last one. Started trying straight away (why not?!), and have started my period today, hoping once this is done I can start trying to work out days etc and look for clues as to when my "window" is :) it seems most people have a period within days of coming off the pill. Exciting times!! Xx

Hi I stopped taking mine end of june, had AF on 4th july which lasted 5 days (this was my regular AF on pil) then had my AF next on 30 july, little earlier that expected and my AF was different, light for 3 days then heavy for 2 and then light again but was bleeding for 8 days.

I'm hoping that this is my real AF now, waiting for AF now which is due tomorrow. Had a BFN yest :( so was little down, was having an axious feeling in belly belly continuosly so done a test to see, must have just been me working myself up bout it all.

Hopfully your next AF will be your normal one ill keep my fingers crossed.

Have u got urself an opk? I have, its my first time doing it but just waiting for AF now s I can get started. From reading posts on opk's I am goin to do these from day one of my cycle so I can get a better picture of things, dunno if it'll work but its worth a go.

Hope this info helps.

Enjoy the wedding, it might takes ur mind off things too :)

Well girls, AF still hasnt arrived (a good thing for the weddng!)....going to do a clearblue test in the morning with hubby and see what happens but i think its just my cycle is messed up....would be absoloutely over the moon if wev just been that lucky tho!!! highly doubtful tho xxx

fingers crossed for the morning!

I came off the pill about a year ago and took a few months for everything to calm down. I have about six months where my cycle was only 22 / 23 days.

things have settled down now and have been 26 days for the past four months.

xx

Ladies am going through exactly the same....makes me feel better to know am not the only one!! Stopped taking the pill, last one on 8th July and had bleed as usual but have had absolutely nothing since!! Some slight cramps but I think this may be my body just playing games....have been doing opk's every couple of days but all have been negative.

Have never wished for AF so much in my life as at least it would be a sign that my body is getting back to normal!!

Fingers crossed for all u ladies that we get either a normal AF or even better a BFP very soon...baby dust to us all xx

Any news bellarina? It makes me feel better to know people are in same boat. Im trying not to test because I dont want the disappointment. I have been doing opk's every other day too and getting either blank or feint lines. Boo! Still bd'ing like mad though!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back