New Johnsons baby advert

"When a baby is born, so is a mother".

Is it me or am I only one who finds this advert totally sexist? When a baby is born, so is a father! Johnsons don't ever seem to register that dad's exist too. My DF pointed out the amount of adverts only geered towards 'mum and baby' not 'parent and baby'.

Anyone else noticed this? :think:

yep i was saying the same thing sami. there are so many things in the advertising world that is wrong with advertising baby products, 99%of the time it is aimed for mothers and babies.

whilst i don't agree its right i think its because women are more likely to be influenced. i am always researching new products whereas OH tends to just buy the same thing. plus it is mainly women who buy the baby products.

Yes!!!

You rarely and I mean RARELY see any men in baby related adverts do you????

I do see what you mean, but it doesn't exactly encourage men does it? I prefer seeing adverts of men with their babies, makes me go all warm and smile inside. Maybe I'm lucky that my DF is very involved in the things I buy for Damien and the products used on him and the food he is given, etc.

kris aint interested in baby things :roll:

i love all the latest things and like trying new things, kris dont have a clue :lol:

if he had it his way he would wash Dior and Harley in his linx shower gel

If I sent Dale to the shops to buy baby stuff, he'd just buy what I'd normally buy, he wouldn't think "oh there's a nice new range lets get it". :wall:

Sami said:
Maybe I'm lucky that my DF is very involved in the things I buy for Damien and the products used on him and the food he is given, etc.

wish kris was. i love chatting about buggys and baby food and baby clothes i could go on forever where as kris love surround sound and big plasmas and cars :roll:

wish he took interest in the baby bits though.

I wasn't saying that men tend not to be interested in what goes into and on baby, my OH is very much into all natural stuff and what is best for Seren but whereas I would go "ooh new range I'll try some of that" OH will go "will just get the usual stuff as I know it works". I do see some adverts with men in, more often then not they are for buggies.

dionne said:
Sami said:
Maybe I'm lucky that my DF is very involved in the things I buy for Damien and the products used on him and the food he is given, etc.

wish kris was. i love chatting about buggys and baby food and baby clothes i could go on forever where as kris love surround sound and big plasmas and cars :roll:

Well buggies he isn't interested in, I think Mark would rather have a plasma too than another new buggy :lol:

Sami said:
Well buggies he isn't interested in, I think Mark would rather have a plasma too than another new buggy :lol:

me and kris will be walking down the street il be like "kris stop look at the lady in the blue top, brown hair pink buggy... u like it???"
he will roll his eyes and say
"im not playing your games it getting boring now",
and hes scared to say yes as he knows il go on and on...
"is it nicer then mine should i get it"

i agree i think there all sexest!

yesterday i said to the OH whys mothercare called mothercare and not something like parent care? how annoying!

plus my dad raised me my mum didnt have much to do with me

dionne said:
Sami said:

:rotfl: that made me laugh, the last 3 most expensive things alan got were a new plasma, suspension for his car and a new home cinema suround sound kit lol :rotfl:

cassi said:
dionne said:
Sami said:

:rotfl: that made me laugh, the last 3 most expensive things alan got were a new plasma, suspension for his car and a new home cinema suround sound kit lol :rotfl:

hahaha i like lil cheap things like new bottles and bibs, kris like £2000 tv or £400 wheels :twisted:

Sami said:
"When a baby is born, so is a mother".

Is it me or am I only one who finds this advert totally sexist? When a baby is born, so is a father! Johnsons don't ever seem to register that dad's exist too. My DF pointed out the amount of adverts only geered towards 'mum and baby' not 'parent and baby'.

Anyone else noticed this? :think:

its true what you say but who give a monkeys fat ass about the father :moon:

its us who do all the hard work.

in my house i reckon its just that my OH wouldnt get a new range incase i moaned about it...
he takes quite a keen interest in ryan and he talks to me about it all n stuff but he leaves the choices to do with what to buy or try for them to me, that and the fact he wouldnt even notice a new range if it jumped up n screamed at him lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back