New Here - TTC 2nd cycle

LD1978

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

My names Laura and I just wanted to say hi as Im new to here :wave:

Am on my 2nd cycle of TTC after being on the pill for 16 years. Am 32 and my first cycle off pill was 36 days so am thinking the pill has messed me.

I bought the book Taking Charge of your Fertility - really recommend that as it helps understand what is going on and I ovulated CD23 this month. I dont hold out much hope as I didnt have much CM (sorry if too much info) and Ive heard the later you ovulate the ligning and egg cant be as good I(not sure if thats true) Would be lovely if it did happen as it means I would of conceived on the anniversary of my sisters death and I would feel like she was up there helping and with me (does that sound silly). AF is due 11th April so just waiting now.

I know its not been long for me but am sooo impatient and I too have the worries about infertility as it seems so common to have problems.

Anyway would be nice to hear some more about you girls and meet some new TTC friends on here. I dont think other people can really relate to it. xx

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to chat, ask for advice and sometimes just rant to let off steam to people who completely understand what you are going through.

I'm Toni, 31 and we just started our 4th cycle TTC. I came off the pill last summer and spent a couple of months before we really started trying letting my body recover after coming off the pill and charting my BBT and just trying to understand when most fertile days were etc. Since then my cycles have varied from 26 to 32 days, but I'm hoping they are now starting to settle down to about 29 days.

In terms of worrying about ovulating late in your cycle, from what I've read the important thing is the length of your luteal phase, which is the time from ovulation to AF arriving. The average is 14 days, but it can vary from 12 - 16. I think if you find the time between ovulation and AF is less than 10 days, then this is something to worry about. Your body needs that time to generate a good lining for a fertilsed egg to implant in. But if you have a long cycle and still have more than 10 days from OV to AF then this should be OK. If you ovulated on CD23 and your cycle is the same as last month - 36 days, then a 13 day LP is completely normal. But this is just what I've read from fertility charting websites. I'm sure there are other girls here on the forum that have a lot more knowledge and expereince about LP and fertility than me.

Good luck with your TTC journey and I hope you get your BFP soon!

Laura, welcome

36 days is almost within the normal range for a cycle (21-35 days) and is absolutely nothing to worry about.

I hope you have conceived this month and you'll be rushing off to the pregnancy forums soon.

It can take a while for your body to kick in again after the pill, but it'll get there

hiya, welcome to PF :wave:
i was on the pill for 3 years.. came off and i had a 32 day cycle then a 28 day..
af is due today if im going by last month.. i do agree.. the pill is a nightmare!
hope this is your month! fingers crossed! :dust: xx

Hey Laura

Just wanted to pop in and wish you the best of luck! You will become addicted to this site hehe. The girls are lovely and will make you feel right at home.

Xx

Hey Toni, Scotch Egg and Young Mum - lovely to meet you all. Are you all TTC for your firsts??

Yeah Ive heard about the luteal phase and fingers crossed mine is ok (think you need 10 days for implantation)

Ohhh young mum how exciting - are you going to test??

Fingers crossed for all you guys too! One question - are you laying off alcohol? I havent had much at all but wonder if I should have any? xx

Thanks Loopy - its lovely to meet people in the same situation.xx

Hi hun, welcome to the forums! You will soon become addicted on here, cos its quite a small community and everyone is so friendly! As for alcohol, when we first started TTC, I avoided alcohol, but now I just go about my life as normal! I'm not a big drinker anyways but I'm not gonna stop having a glass (or bottle!) on special occasions etc! Good luck hun! My AF is due April 10th so we'll be testing buddies!

Hi

Yeah, we're TTC our first. I didn't drink except during my period for the first 4 or 5 months. I'm a bit more relaxed about it now, although I must say I like drinking less and don't really miss it

Hi and welcome Laura :)

Sorry to hear about your sister, must be a terrible thing to have to go through :(

There are lots of ladies that have been messed up with the pill and things and there are lots of ladies have been ttc for way longer that can help you out when you're feeling low ;)

There are even lots of ladies with fertility issues too - we got a whole mixed bag lol

Best of luck with your BFP :hug:

Hey Dita - ooh thats nice having a testing buddy. I know once you get 18 high temps its a sure sign of pregnancy but I dont think I can wait that long!!

Hey LouiseB - Yes it was really tough - time does make it easier but its made me so scared of other people dying - I dont think I could cope :( The forum seems great and so lovely to chat with everyone.

Yep, we're TTC our first too. As for alcohol, like the others I'm not that big a drinker anyway. But I've come to the conclusion, like dita, that you can't put your whole life on hold when TTC. So I have the odd glass of wine every now and then. Also, if I completely stopped drinking altogether, friends would probably start asking questions especially as in the past we always take turns being the designated driver, so if I suddenly started always driving people would get suspicious LOL.

AF is currently with me and we're going out with a few friends tonight, and it's not my turn to drive, so might have a G&T or two!

:wave: Hiiii and welcome.

I agree about the booze, I'm not a big drinker either. First couple of months months I abstained from booze and caffine. I've relaxed a bit now so a bit of wine at weekend and maybe 1 cup of tea with caffine in it a day.

FX for a quick BFP for you :dust::dust::dust:

Hey Dita - ooh thats nice having a testing buddy. I know once you get 18 high temps its a sure sign of pregnancy but I dont think I can wait that long!!

Generally, tests will work on 'most' people after about 14 days. implantation can be from about 6-10 days after ovulation so it can be later or earlier. They say 18 to catch all those people

Even then some people get positives really early, some don't get them for weeks. But 14 days is a good starting point

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back