No regular cycle

natashateale

Reaction score
So i came off the pill in march and counted my first proper month of ttc in april as at the end of march i had my first proper AF.
But surley by now my Cycle should be regular or at least showing sighns of regulateing. Since april i have had a cd23, cd31, cd37, cd 29, and the last one was cd45.
Yesterday i OVd (i know this my using opks) and i am on cd24 now so i have worked out that this cycle should be about 37days long....They are all over the place, i dont think that is normal after 6months ??

Last edited:
Didn't want to read and run but equally not sure how much help I can be!

irregular cycles are so frustrating aren't they?! Ur a little way ahead of me as I came off the pill in June but like you my cycles have been wonky....28, 35, 31 and I am expecting them to be wonky for a while longer too!

I wish I could provide a magic answer but unfortunately I cant! Maybe it is just taking a little longer than hoped for your body to adjust after being on the pill, maybe your cycles are irregular...I hope whatever it is that it gets sorted soon for you, TTC is hard enough without the witch playing her little games.

Try and keep your chin up, maybe if you are worried about the irregularity and how long it is taking to normalise after being in the pill you could speak to your GP or maybe look at some home remedies to try and regulate....I keep seeing mention of Agnus Castus on the forum...I have to confess I don't know much (if anything) about it but I know that some girls use it to shorten long cycles...not sure if it helps with regulating cycles too?

Take care of you, and lots of luck,

xxx

Thanks hun, I have seen AC mentioned too, and dont know much so might have a look into it. I was thinking about goin to my gp but didnt know if it was normal or not so just wanted to know what u ladies thought.
Like u said ttc is hard enough.
I hope ur regulate soon hun, its fustrating not knowing:wall2:

I think there are no hard and fast rules about how long things take to settle down etc because each woman is so different from the next but I firmly believe that worry is not helpful to the regulation process so if you feel worried and you think GP may help then make some enqs...after all we all pay our NI contributions...make them work for you! I know not all GPs are that undertsanding etc but maybe give it a go...you know your body better than anyone else and if you want/need some answers my advice is 'GO GET THEM!'

xxx

I came off the pill over a year ago and my cycles still aren't regular. Mind you they are settling down going from 42 days, now anything from 26-33 days. So, I don't know when I OV either!

It is majorly frustrating though isn't it? If you are concerned then you should def go and see your GP.

XX

Hey hun, I'm exactly the same as you, came off the pill in March and have had very odd cycles since. The last 2 were 31 day cycles, however I didn't have a proper period and then started worrying that I wasn't ovulating. I went to see my gp last week and she was very sweet and said it can take quite a while for your body to return to normal after being on the pill. To be honest I didn't expect her to do anything but just wanted some reassurance and I wanted it on my notes that I had been so hopefully if I do need tests in a couple of months it'll speed the process up a bit.

I'm not one for taking tablets, but have ben taking folic acid and have a dissolvable vit C tablet every morning - I've not had a cold for well over a year!! I did ask her though if any vits can help. She suggested Primrose Oil, which can help your cycles. I take 2 a day and have noticed a change in my cm this month, so fingers crossed! The other thing I'm doing is making sure I'm exercising and chilling out a bit more, as the doc warned me the more I stress the longer my cycles could take to return to normal.

Sorry that was a bit of an essay, but I'll make sure I let you know if the Primrose Oil makes a difference this month, good luck and lots of baby dust xxx

Thank you taffyrose i appreciate it :)
Sound like its not just me then at least i now know it doe take awhile and there isnt something wrong with me or so it would seem. I am goin to see where this cycle is then mayb go to the docs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back